SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UMD

UND92,96

This should be similar to the Mankato game in terms of a team that's going to throw roughly 50 times. Last year the Sioux had success getting to Schlafke and sacking him/forcing picks. Hopefully we can find a way to get some pressure, although I'm sure he'll get his yards. On the bright side, considering what UNO's backup running back did against them last week, and that the UND offensive line is apparently going to be healthier than they were against UNO, Chappell has the potential to go for big yards if he gets 25 touches or so. Obviously this is a must-win for the Sioux, but UND has done well vs. Bubba since he took over at Duluth, and I have to think that will continue on Saturday.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like the Mankato game this game has me worried. The UMD QB is a pretty good athlete, and although UND got to him last year and has had success against him he'll be playing on his home field and we all know how that went for UND's defense against Western Washington and Mankato.

The key to this one is ball control. Long sustained drives with Chappel and company taking a lot of time off the clock would be my idea of how to win this game, but then again with guys like Dressler and Chappel UND can score from anyspot on the field...at any time... :)

I'll say UND 42 UMD 38

High scoring affair.

Much like the Mankato game this game has me worried. The UMD QB is a pretty good athlete, and although UND got to him last year and has had success against him he'll be playing on his home field and we all know how that went for UND's defense against Western Washington and Mankato.

The key to this one is ball control. Long sustained drives with Chappel and company taking a lot of time off the clock would be my idea of how to win this game, but then again with guys like Dressler and Chappel UND can score from anyspot on the field...at any time... :)

I'll say UND 42 UMD 38

High scoring affair.

Will it be on TV in GF?

Ugghh! Another pass-happy team, ala Minnesota State, WWU. Whatever happened to good old smashmouth NCC football?

When Bubba went to Duluth and made the playoffs his first year, I thought UMD was going to be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the NCC every year, but it just hasn't happened. I can't beleive they still have no running game. Bubba will have them ready for us though, he knows our programs. Still, I say Sioux by 20.

UND 50

UMD 30

I see the game going one of 2 ways. UND comes and makes a statement and easily wins by 3+ TDs or UMD hangs around and it comes down to the final couple of possesions and then it's a coin flip. I think UND rolls--49-24.

Note to Fighting Sioux Defensive Coaches:

PLEASE, NO RUSHING THREE AND DROPPING EIGHT INTO COVERAGE!!! :crazy:

We tried that in Mankato and almost lost. If we do it again, we might not get away with it this time. Having said that, we are healthy again and Bubba just doesn't have the depth to keep up for 60 minutes.

Prediction:

UND 49

UMD 21

1st and 10. Chappell runs for 9 yards to the Dogs 43.

2nd and 1. Chappell stopped for a loss of 1.

3rd and 2. Chappell runs to the Duluth 34. 1st down.

1st and 10. Freund with an incomplete pass to Trenbeath.

2nd and 10. Chappell runs to the 30 yard line.

3rd and 6. Freund passes to Dressler, who gets to the 24 yard line. Close to a first.

Line crew measures........................1st down.

1st and 10. Freund throws a pass that's almost intercepted.

2nd and 10. Chappell runs to the 12 yard line. First down.

1st and 10. Murray runs to the 8 yard line.

2nd and 5. Murray runs to the 5 yard line.

3rd and 2. Chappell runs to the 1 yard line. 1st down.

1st and Goal. Chappell gets stopped for a loss of 2.

2nd and Goal. Freund to Ott for a TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! 6-0!

Hellevang hits the XP, but there's a flag. Penalty on Duluth. 7-0.