SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UMD

UND92,96

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for the Sioux today. If they win next week at home against SCSU it basically assures them of a playoff spot. They win out and there is an outside shot that they could possibly finish in the top two if one of those teams stumbles. One game at a time for the boys, well done guys! :sad:

Good game for the Sioux, especially the defense. That's impressive to go to Duluth and shut down that offense. The Sioux offense will be challenged next week. The Husky defense is the best in the NCC, but their offense is not very good. The Sioux should be in good shape. However, USD in Vermillion is going to be tough. Somebody earlier posted about where the old power football has gone. It's in Vermillion besides Omaha. If I were a Sioux fan, I'd be plenty worred about that game. The Coyotes have an outstanding offensive line.

Regarding a top 2 seed for UND, unless Grand Valley loses I don't see how that can happen given what happened last year with UNO having two losses and still getting the #2 seed over a 1-loss UND. Head-to-head is given a lot of weight. I think UNO could lose out and still get the #2 seed. I do not think they would deserve it though. I think UND is playing to protect the #3 seed.

Good game for the Sioux, especially the defense. That's impressive to go to Duluth and shut down that offense. The Sioux offense will be challenged next week. The Husky defense is the best in the NCC, but their offense is not very good. The Sioux should be in good shape. However, USD in Vermillion is going to be tough. Somebody earlier posted about where the old power football has gone. It's in Vermillion besides Omaha. If I were a Sioux fan, I'd be plenty worred about that game. The Coyotes have an outstanding offensive line.

Regarding a top 2 seed for UND, unless Grand Valley loses I don't see how that can happen given what happened last year with UNO having two losses and still getting the #2 seed over a 1-loss UND. Head-to-head is given a lot of weight. I think UNO could lose out and still get the #2 seed. I do not think they would deserve it though. I think UND is playing to protect the #3 seed.

My hope is that once UNO beats USD on Thursday, it will take the heart out of them because they'll be all but out of the playoff hunt when they play UND. Plus, with the exception of St. Cloud, they really haven't been hammering teams at home like they had been the past few years.

IMO, UND has almost no shot at getting any higher than a 3 seed.

I don't know, the playoff picture is a long ways from set. UNO and USD both have very tough games over the next two weeks. UNO, granted a great team, always plays well against UND so it was no big surprise that they left GF with a win. Over the past few years USD has given them more trouble than anyone and it usually hasn't mattered whether they play in Vermillion or Omaha. Then UNO has to travel to CWU. I think that will be their toughest test of the entire regular season.

Just to muddy things up a bit, I'm hoping that USD throttles UNO this week and we crush USD next week. :D

Oh yeah, and GVSU plays only the second decent team on their schedule this week when they travel to Saginaw.

And UND probably can't finish higher than 3rd, but I'm hoping that if they can't move up that they finish 4th. Whoever gets the #3 seed is more than likely going to host Winona St. in the first round. :lol::lol::D