SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BOSTON COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

You'd hope . . . but they still did it.

You know this because...why?

There are two sources for return air to the A/C units - recyled and outside make-up. If it's too humid inside and raining outside the units have to work much harder. Now, one other way to drive the humidity out of the air is to preheat it, then cool it down, but I'm guessing they aren't equipped to do this. Again, the power outages really set them back.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea whether or not they have A/C; but, when the power goes out for two extended periods it's tough for a system to play catch-up when it's raining outside and there are 8000 warm bodies in the building. They're probably just a little short on their cooling capacity. I'd hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to build a facility without A/C...

I don't think that's it. They had two games canceled last year (BU and an exhibition). The womens team has also had some problems this year. Thats according to the CSTV TV guys.

If that is the case I doubt it was a power outage that really caused the problem everytime.

I don't think that's it. They had two games canceled last year (BU and an exhibition). The womens team has also had some problems this year. Thats according to the CSTV TV guys.

If that is the case I doubt it was a power outage that really caused the problem everytime.

That's why I said they may be short on cooling capacity, not lacking it all together.

You know this because...why?

There are two sources for return air to the A/C units - recyled and outside make-up. If it's too humid inside and raining outside the units have to work much harder. Now, one other way to drive the humidity out of the air is to preheat it, then cool it down, but I'm guessing they aren't equipped to do this. Again, the power outages really set them back.

Because when BU and BC got fogged out last season the CSTV crew harped continually on the fact that their is no air conditioning system in Conte. When the BC women's game cancelled due to fog they admitted that no air conditioning system had been installed in the offseason.

Because when BU and BC got fogged out last season the CSTV crew harped continually on the fact that their is no air conditioning system in Conte. When the BC women's game cancelled due to fog they admitted that no air conditioning system had been installed in the offseason.

Emrick also stated tonight that there was no AC in the building. I think that's the AC problem! :love:

Then that's just plain foolish!

He's right.

No A/C there:

http://slog.cstv.com/rinkrat/2007/10/get_the_fog_out.html

Not to get overly technical, but the system ties into the existing HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) system at Conte Forum. Yes, as we know from last year, Conte isn't air conditioned, but work with me here. Essentially, what the system does is take out the moist air from the building, dry it out, and circulate it back into the building.

Then that's just plain foolish!

Yes and no. I'm sure when they built it, they weren't experiencing this type of weather in October in Boston, so they were trying to save some $$$$. However, on the other side, the other arena's in the area do have AC (I'm assuming BU does as well....correct me if I'm wrong 31-9), and why build an arena where you can only hold hockey in the winter months. The old Ralph struggled with ice in warm weather, but that was built well before '94 too.

I'm a she, unless you're referring to the Rink Rat.

More links for those who remain unconvinced at the sheer stupidity of Newton University.

BU - BC fog out - from the BU student paper

INCH notebook on the same fog out

INCH claims Conte was completed in '88, but that's no excuse not to update the arena, especially when it's happened three or four times prior.

Hak didn't specify. He just said they lost Malone to a shoulder injury.

In the replay Malone looked like he hurt the shoulder pretty good.

I'm glad to read that Hakstol was pretty happy with the play tonite, because that means it was the ice that made the team look SO bad. No transition game, no flow through neutral ice, nothing.

I also thought BC outhit the Sioux.

Kaip's penalty looked like a bad move to me. After Petrecki hit Watkins high, Kaip looked right at the ref, then bopped Petrecki in the back of the head which started the wrestling match. In this game it hurt not to get that PP.

Phil looked great tonite, I thought. He was tested more than last week.

I think we'll miss Malone's physical presence. Hopefully he's not too badly hurt. But when he got up off the ice he dropped his stick and held his shoulder with his left hand while his right arm just hung.

my buddy had to bribe a bar in montana somewhere to buy the cstv game as hes on the road for work, well he paid them 50.00 to get it and then this crap, :love: halarious. i told him to get 20 back or get some free shots. wow , what a wierd night

I'm glad to read that Hakstol was pretty happy with the play tonite, because that means it was the ice that made the team look SO bad. No transition game, no flow through neutral ice, nothing.

He said the ice was lousy, but it was lousy for both teams.

I also thought BC outhit the Sioux.

Early on, definitely. I thought the Sioux did better in the 2nd though.

Kaip's penalty looked like a bad move to me. After Petrecki hit Watkins high, Kaip looked right at the ref, then bopped Petrecki in the back of the head which started the wrestling match. In this game it hurt not to get that PP.

Agree 100%. Understand standing up for your teammates, but you have to make the smart choices too, and giving away a PP isn't one of them.

Phil looked great tonite, I thought. He was tested more than last week.

Especially for playing in the fog in the 2nd period. You could definitely see he wasn't seeing the puck well. I'm just glad we didn't give up any under those conditions.