SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SPARTANS - HOF Game

AZSIOUX

tn_037.JPGVS 20227043-s.jpg

The defending champs come into the ralph. A nice WCHA vs CCHA matchup. This is each teams opening regular season game of the 07/08 season. This will be a tough game vs a good team in the Spartans.

Sioux won Sunday night 9-3 vs Manitoba and Mich St plays Windsor on Tuesday night in their opening exhibition game.

MICH ST WEBSITE

http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/m-hocke...ockey-body.html

MICH ST ROSTER

http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/m-hocke...hockey-mtt.html

i say 5-3 sioux win

will be interesting to see who gets the nod between lapoint and marto and who are the 3 forward healthy scratches. i will guess and say davidson, martens and forney since it sounded like kozek earned a spot with his play last night but martens had a good game as well so who knows??

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a whole lot about msu. what do the boys need to do to win this game. how is the goaltending? what style of play do they play? stuff like that

i think they lost a good amount of their top players from last season but are still going to be a top ccha team according to their pre season rankings.

State has but six freshmen on its roster, so youth isn't a factor. One has to remember that this team last year barely made the NCAA tourney after finishing 4th in their own league and getting trounced in the CCHA playoffs at Joe Louis.

State's championship is as clear an example of a good team riding a really hot goaltenders through a single-elimination tournament.

As long as Lerg is between the pipes for State, the Sioux will have to be sharp to beat them. If he has an off night, the Sioux should walk over the Spartans.

Wow, we aren't even to the first game that counts and that attacks on players has already begun. I trust Hak...

oh well, everyone has a opinion. cant wait for the season just to get rolling on saturday. im very interested to see who the 3 forward scratches are and the 1 d man. i think its safe to say davidson and forney will be 2 of the 3 forwards then maybe martens??

I really think the three forward scratches will be Forney, Davidson and Martens with Kozek earning a spot as a regular playing forward. I also think LaPoint will earn the last spot over Marto, but I say both those two defensemen will be very good with more experience and adjusting to the college game.

My four healthy scratces are: Martens, Davison, Forney and Marto.

I really think the three forward scratches will be Forney, Davidson and Martens with Kozek earning a spot as a regular playing forward. I also think LaPoint will earn the last spot over Marto, but I say both those two defensemen will be very good with more experience and adjusting to the college game.

My four healthy scratces are: Martens, Davison, Forney and Marto.

I think that's probably what's going to happen. Kozek does create a lot of problems with his speed. Radke's one of those guys that go all out, sometimes too far out. But he adds a lot of grit.

Agree. Scratches will be Davidson, Forney and Martens at Forward and Marto on D.

What depth! What kind of team has an NHL #2 on the fourth line!

I think that what we saw for lines will hold.

Oshie, Frattin, Duncan

Kaip, Watkins, Malone

Vande, Trupp, Zajac

Miller, Radke, Kozek

It should be a hell of a game. I think we need to get on the scoreboard early, as it seems Lerg rides the momentum if he is hot early. I agree that the four scratches will probably be Davidson, Martens, Forney and Marto, although I agree with the earlier post about Radke's untimely lapses of judgement. It would be nice to see what a healthy Forney can do. I also think we will see alot of flip flop with Marto and LaPoint, until one of them steps up and claims the postition as his own.

Agree. Scratches will be Davidson, Forney and Martens at Forward and Marto on D.

What depth! What kind of team has an NHL #2 on the fourth line!

I think that what we saw for lines will hold.

Oshie, Frattin, Duncan

Kaip, Watkins, Malone

Vande, Trupp, Zajac

Miller, Radke, Kozek

The VV, Trupp, Zajac line is going to wind up the #2 line in offensive punch.

It should be a hell of a game. I think we need to get on the scoreboard early, as it seems Lerg rides the momentum if he is hot early. I agree that the four scratches will probably be Davidson, Martens, Forney and Marto, although I agree with the earlier post about Radke's untimely lapses of judgement. It would be nice to see what a healthy Forney can do. I also think we will see alot of flip flop with Marto and LaPoint, until one of them steps up and claims the postition as his own.

I've been out of the loop on Forney as of late. Is he banged up, not performing at a high enough level, or is something else going on that is keeping him out of the line-up?

Thought there was some talent there?:lol:

If I was Hak I would have Radke go out and run over Lerg. :lol: Just kidding. I think UND needs to cycle, hit and take the body. Forecheck hard and skate circles around the Spartans.

little mich st info on inch ccha preview. sounds like the goalie lerg is a good one!!

i read they lost 6 players and 5 of the 6 were defensemen so lets put them on their heels!

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/N...8/ccha_0603.htm

MARK IT DOWN

Five things you can take to the bank in the CCHA this season

1. Jeff Lerg will be

Lerg and Lamoureux had nearly identical stats last season.

Lerg

.913 save percentage

2.41 goals against average

.655 winning percentage

Lamoureux

.913 save percentage

2.42 goals against average

.622 winning percentage