SiouxSports.com Forum

lines this weekend

schmidtdoggydog

According to today's Herald, Ryan and David Hale will be a defensive pair this weekend, but David will only play 10-15 minutes - every sixth shift or so.

At forward, Marvin will be on a line with Canady and Palmiscno and Connelly will not play. With Marvin at forward that also would indicate that either Fylling or Genoway will not likely be dressed.

No other line information.

BTW, the Sioux will wear their green jerseys tomorrow.

I think Genoway will sit, he just has not produced this year. I would suspect with a 4th line of Palmo, Marvin and Canaday that Fylling will play on the 2nd line with Massen and Lundbohm. Spiewak would then join Mcmahon and Prpich. Unless Massen joins the 3rd line and Spiewak and Fylling are Lundbohm's wingers. I am surprised Marvin is going to play forward and R. Hale defense. I know Marvin has played a little bit of forward this year but he seemed to be getting more comfortable playing D. That being said I think this gives Coach Blais more flexibility with R. Hale and Marvin able to play both forward and D. I would suspect Genoway, Connelly and Leinweber will be the scratches.

Blais knows best, but assuming Connelly is unavailable, this dummy would go with the following:

Parise, Bochenski, Notermann

Lundbohm, Spiewak, Massen

McMahon, Prpich, Hale

Genoway, Canady, Fylling

Schneider

Greene

Jones

Fuher

Hale

Marvin

The fourth line as reported seems like one destined to sit on the bench for much of the game. By contrast, the fourth line listed above is one I would be comfortable rolling out there any time.

Everything else being equal, I would rather have Marvin at D than Ryan Hale. I also would choose Ryan Hale at forward over Marvin. So to me that is an easy one. Ryan Hale scares me on defense; I've seen too many odd-man rushes the other way when he's on D. It's not a rip on him, just a result of his not having played the position much.

I would have to agree mostly with "JK"

Hale has not been terrible on defense, but I just think Marvin has started to prove himself back there! R Hale could be a nice grinder, might even accomplish some offense with Prpich and Mcmahon on a line! He scares me on the odd man rushes.......doesn't skate terribly fast backwards, that sort of thing!

I guess we'll see! Some days Genoway looks good....others shaky! Jury is still out on that one....Palmo just seems so small, and if he gets into the corners, can never get out and accomplish much!??

Anyway......here's what I would go with....(probly why I'm not a coach!)

Lundbohm, Spiewak, Massen

Parise, Bochenski, Notermann

Mcmahon, Prpich, Hale

Quinn, Canady, Genoway???

GO SIOUX!!!!

I'm very suprised to see coach Blais put Ryan at Defense, and Marvin at Offense. I really thought that he would have a sort of checking/containment line of Hale/McMahon/Prpich matched up with the Kunitz line. However, I am not one to question a move by Blais this time of the year, he obviously has some idea of what he's doing out there :lol:

Since David Hale is going to dress but only play 10-15 minutes, Blais probably needs all of the flexibility he can get out of Ryan Hale and Lee Marvin. I bet we'll see Marvin and R. Hale both spend time on D and at Forward.

Bochenski, Parise, Massen

Speiwak, Lundbohm, Notermann

(Hale/Fylling), McMahon, Prpich

(Marvin/Fylling), Palmo, Canady

D. Hale

(R. Hale/Marvin)

Schneider

Jones

Fuher

Greene

I would think this to be the case if Blais planned to play R. Hale at defense and still dress Marvin.

I'm grasping here but maybe this is a mental thing.

I'm as surprised as the next guy about Marvin going as a forward and R Hale as a defenseman. But maybe there is something about the brother bond that Blais is looking to capitalize on here.

Palmo hasn't got a lot of ice time but the guy has some ability. I believe he was on the 1st line that weekend which surprised us all. But to my friend and I, we were really impressed with his play on that line that night, and I was surprised to see Blais move him off that line later in the night. He made some excellent plays that nearly paid off in goals for Bo and Zach.

Last year the Sioux wore the black ice jerseys on the friday night playoff game at Mariucci and got their asses handed to them in a most embarrassing way. On Sat they wore the Green and dang near beat the gophs in Andy's swan song as a Sioux goalie (glad I got that one on tape).

GO GREEN

GO SIOUX!

I really thought that he would have a sort of checking/containment line of Hale/McMahon/Prpich matched up with the Kunitz line.

Apparently at practice today Massen was on a line w/ Bo & Zach. If that is the way it'll be tomorrow, then Dean might be putting Speedwhack and Notes back together to shut down the Kunitz line. Who would then be the third forward on that line? McMahon maybe? If that's the case, then you could have Lundbohm, Prpich, and Quinn on together on another pretty good scoring line. It'll be interesting to see what skates out together.

I need a good copy of that game, the tape I recorded it on turned out to be defective. Could I interest you in a trade? For my list of games, check out my website:

http://www.linkup.net/bretk/

I can copy it for you but my equipment ain't exactly professional quality. Copies of my vcr tapes are ok at best. Well, maybe "good" according to the scale on your website. Maybe.

We can talk if you want...If I had a choice it would be to get the 1987 Championship game or else the WI game with Commodore's fight on it. Which one that is I don't know.

If you prefer, I would send you my original and you could dub it yourself, then you would have more control on the copy. My master is pretty decent. It's copying that doesn't work as well...