SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Center Ice

Redneksioux

Anyone on here with Dish Network that purchases NHL Center Ice? Usually they have an early bird special available around this time, but I called and tried ordering it for the season and it is currently not available and they wouldn't give me any information whether it would be available or not. I know it can be purchased on Directv...so I may need to switch. Anyone with any inside info as to if it will be available on Dish?

Anyone on here with Dish Network that purchases NHL Center Ice? Usually they have an early bird special available around this time, but I called and tried ordering it for the season and it is currently not available and they wouldn't give me any information whether it would be available or not. I know it can be purchased on Directv...so I may need to switch. Anyone with any inside info as to if it will be available on Dish?

I called MidcoComm the other day and it still wasn't available for cable yet, so we'll probably just have to keep checking.

I have Dish Network. Two years ago, they offered me the Early Bird special, while last year, I had to pay full price. I didn't have to call them up to sign up again, they just keep renewing it until you call up and cancel it, which is fine with me because I don't have to do anything to get it.

I believe Center Ice is going online this year and it's supposed to be about $100 for the whole season. That's cheaper than the TV package, so if you don't mind hooking the TV up to the comp you'd save some money. That's what I'm planning on doing this year.

I believe Center Ice is going online this year and it's supposed to be $100 for the whole season. That's cheaper than the TV package, so if you don't mind hooking the TV up to the comp you'd save some money. That's what I'm planning on doing this year.

its good if you can keep the picture quality!

It's nice to have the HD option for people who are into it, but for the sake of guys like myself who prefer standard format I hope it doesn't go to HD only.

do you just not have it or dont like it? watching sports in HD is unfrikenbelievable, especially hockey and football, wow

lets hope the nhl lets espn in on their next contract just to get the sport back on tv to start! its a bad tv sport, we all know that but it can only help the nhl, bettmans such an idiot, he should have taken a free deal with espn just to keep his product on big time tv rather than versus right after the lockout

It's nice to have the HD option for people who are into it, but for the sake of guys like myself who prefer standard format I hope it doesn't go to HD only.

There is no comparison to hockey in HD. i don't understand your position here. you have seen a game in HD, right?

Dish WILL carry NHL CI this year and in HD :D

Also they will have the NHL Network too. Heard it last Monday from Charlie himself on the Charlie Chat (for the uninformed Dish Network's CEO Charlie Ergen does a monthly chat where they talk about new channels and stuff. Its on Dish 101).

DirecTV is already offering the early bird special. Anyone know if they are getting the NHL Network? I'm guessing Oct. 1 would be the launch. I suppose I should call and beg for it, though DirecTV is great about adding all sports networks.

With the Big Ten Network debacle, I wouldn't expect DirecTV to play nice in the sandbox regarding NHL Network, since Comcast is part of the joint venture.

Dish WILL carry NHL CI this year and in HD ;)

Also they will have the NHL Network too. Heard it last Monday from Charlie himself on the Charlie Chat (for the uninformed Dish Network's CEO Charlie Ergen does a monthly chat where they talk about new channels and stuff. Its on Dish 101).

Is NHL Network part of Center Ice or some other package? Still nothing up on the dishnetwork site for Center Ice costs, or specials. Just says check back next season :D

The Center Ice Site also says check back next season. Next season is rather close.

With the Big Ten Network debacle, I wouldn't expect DirecTV to play nice in the sandbox regarding NHL Network, since Comcast is part of the joint venture.

Why would DirecTV care about Comcast's choice to not have Big Ten Network? Are they running BTN? BTN is also on Dish Network, so I'd have to think that DirecTV has nothing to do with BTN.

The issue with BTN & Commycast is Commycast wants it in a sports tier (like the Fox College Sports channels). BTN wants it in a basic package (like FSN North) in the Big 10 markets. Outside those 8 Big10 states its up to an agreement

DirecTV has it in the basic pacakge

Dish has it in the basic package

Only cable companies are mainly small cable companies (usually run by Telco's) who go up against a conglomerate cable company (Comcast, Charter, Midco, etc)

Why would DirecTV care about Comcast's choice to not have Big Ten Network? Are they running BTN? BTN is also on Dish Network, so I'd have to think that DirecTV has nothing to do with BTN.

Fox has a major stake in both BTN and DirecTV, so it's really not DirecTV that cares...it's their owners.

I think it's vastly overrated personally. I went out to watch the Packers/Eagles game last Sunday at Tailgators here in Fargo. They had the game on two different TVs, one HD and one standard format. I started watching it on the HD screen only to find myself constantly turning the other way to see the same game on the standard format TV on the other side of the room. I don't get the HD hype, I just don't. I find the standard format easier on the eyes.

then get your eyes fixed :) there is a huge difference if you can see it :sad: dont think it would have been invented if it didnt make a big difference