SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the inference they're "not very good" and the fact you have them at home should be a +.5 rating...either beat them by a score of 55-15 or I guess we know where the nickel should STAY for a time TBD :sad:

Wow. Southern Utah lost to Southern Illinois 44-10. I'm telling you these guys are horrible.

Southern Utah

Southern Utah was knocking at the door to score again as time expired against Southern Illinois. We dominated Southern Utah just as much or more than Southern Illinois did and they are the sixth ranked team in AA. I beleive Southern Utah lost more players to injury after our game and were even less at full strength against Southern Illinois. The score of that game could of easily been 50, 60 , or 70 to nothing if we had left our starters in. Above and beyond that we had 4 turnpovers and fumbled down by the goal.

What exactly do you want out of Sioux fans? You keep coming back here talking about how wonderful NDSU is and how nothing UND does is worth crap, so what do you want us to do? I'll certainly do it if it gets you to leave.

Here's what it will take for me to leave. Don't beat a crappy D1AA team and act like your way better than NDSU. I'm saying it right now. You guys will be a great D1AA team. Winning a game against a D1AA team is tough but winning every week, including games against D1A teams is even harder. Both teams rock.

I'm not saying UND is not good. They will be a really good D1AA team. But that's a bad comparison. UNI was the #4 D1AA team last year and you won on a last second play. We are blowing Central Michigan out of the water. But if we were to beat the #4 team in D1A, according to the current polls, that would be Oklahoma! Winning would be a major accomplishment much less winning by 30 points!

I think you hit the nail on the head. UND played the #4 team in a division above them and won a close game. NDSU played a bottom level teama division above them and blew them out. I would consider it a wash. Central was good last year because of their coach. Now that he has left, they are back to the same old crappy MAC teams that anybody can beat. There is a reason the Directional Michigans are a staple of the Bottom Ten poll on ESPN.com.

Well good for NDSU. Congratulations on smoking a crappy CMU team. They really aren't that good though so I don't see why you should be allowed to get excited about it. Get over it. It's not an accomplishment at all.

Well, if NDSU can beat the 2006 MAC Champions and Motor City Bowl winners by the same margin as UND beats Southern Utah and it's not an accomplishment....than I'm baffled. I must not know football at all. I'm not shocked that we beat them but I am shocked that we blew them out of the water on their own field and backup QB Nick Mertens got to finish out the game.

I think you hit the nail on the head. UND played the #4 team in a division above them and won a close game. NDSU played a bottom level teama division above them and blew them out. I would consider it a wash. Central was good last year because of their coach. Now that he has left, they are back to the same old crappy MAC teams that anybody can beat. There is a reason the Directional Michigans are a staple of the Bottom Ten poll on ESPN.com.

The MAC Champions and Motor City Bowl winners are not HORRIBLE teams. No, they are not in the same league of the big time teams but they would be among the best D1AA teams. Your school doesn't have 82 scholorships, have 7 current players in the NFL right now if your untalented. The Gophers are 1-1 against MAC teams and should have been 0-2. Yeah the Gophers suck but they are in the Big Ten. Lets see how they do tonight on ESPN. They'll probably get spanked. :) bad comparison.

Well good for NDSU. Congratulations on smoking a crappy CMU team. They really aren't that good though so I don't see why you should be allowed to get excited about it. Get over it. It's not an accomplishment at all.

Be careful, the MAC conference season hasn't even started.

Here's what it will take for me to leave. Don't beat a crappy D1AA team and act like your way better than NDSU. I'm saying it right now. You guys will be a great D1AA team. Winning a game against a D1AA team is tough but winning every week, including games against D1A teams is even harder. Both teams rock.

Where were we saying we were better than NDSU? We were just happy we beat another IAA team, thus validating our move up to the next level. There might have been some comments about comparison scores, but that is reaching. You were the one who made this about NDSU, not us.

The MAC Champions and Motor City Bowl winners are not HORRIBLE teams. No, they are not in the same league of the big time teams but they would be among the best D1AA teams. Your school doesn't have 82 scholorships, have 7 current players in the NFL right now if your untalented. The Gophers are 1-1 against MAC teams and should have been 0-2. Yeah the Gophers suck but they are in the Big Ten. Lets see how they do tonight on ESPN. They'll probably get spanked. :) bad comparison.

Until Brian Kelly came from GVSU, they sucked just as bad as the other Michigan teams. He made them into a great program. Now that he left, they are going to fall back into the pack. Just watch what he does at Cincinnati this year. And I am not saying your win wasn't good. I in fact congratulate NDSU on the win. But just remember, Central Michigan is not a good team. ;)

Until Brian Kelly came from GVSU, they sucked just as bad as the other Michigan teams. He made them into a great program. Now that he left, they are going to fall back into the pack. Just watch what he does at Cincinnati this year. And I am not saying your win wasn't good. I in fact congratulate NDSU on the win. But just remember, Central Michigan is not a good team. ;)

You are right. We beat a mediocre FBS team by 30 and you beat a mediocre FCS team by 30, exactly the same comparison.

I will give you props, UND will be a top 25 FCS when they join next year during the first of the five (5) year transition. I worry about UND being able to sustain the long-term funding and strategic vision required for D1 athletics across all sports. While reading the Fargo Forum article, http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178903, Buning indicated the following challenges he inherited as UND AD, among other things:

1. No strategic plan

2. $1 Million in debt...but indicated he has paid most of those off

3. Weak management staff

4. Considerable student fan behavior issues

I hope in five (5) years you will be able to have 18,900 people in your house coming from behind for a victory. Please see this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0 - it highlights the speed and physical prowness within FCS compared to DII.

Good Luck UND! I hope you can reach NDSU's success, because as an alumni, it is quite fun to beat the defending MAC champion; have an opportunity to play a Big Ten school; have record-level funding; be the largest university in the state...finally; and watch football in a sold out venue. While D1 hockey would be icing on the cake, I think having the former UND coach building the continued hockey interest in the F-M area is a huge ingredient for that icing.

Believe me, if you think beating Northern Iowa and Southern Utah is fun in football, hopefully you have bigger highlights in your future as an FCS member.

See you in 2012!!

Live in Fargo, but am a Sioux supporter. Saw the Bison play their opener in the UNDome and the Sioux last weekend. Again, I know it was against different levels of competition, but there is know question that UND has more team speed on the offensive side of the ball and that NDSU looked faster on the D side of the ball. Both team pass the "eye" test as far as similar size of athletes. Played next week on a neutral field, I'd say it's a flip of the coin.