SiouxSports.com Forum

This sounds familiar.

dallassiouxfan

I highly doubt that if you were an OSU fan you would be thinking "Oh crap, this just killed the Big 10 strength of schedule". This may hurt OSU but its a big "MAY". OSU can still go undefeated and still make the BCS because they are that good of a team. My point is a Michigan loss isnt going to affect the way OSU fan's will cheer, I am willing to bet that any OSU fan would rather see their biggest rival lose to a D-1AA school and still have a 99.9% chance of making the BCS game. Also I bet that you were cheering for Holy Cross when they beat the UofM.

Are you serious? Do you think that I said OSU fans buying an App. State shirt is going to keep OSU out of the BCS? I get the feeling people are intentionally being difficult because they're mad at me for my anti-fighting rant in a previous thread. If so, how mature. :sad:

I said that the fact App. State beat Michigan could potentially keep OSU out of the BCS based on the Big 10 strength of schedule being brought down. Therefore, in buying those shirts OSU fans are celebrating something that could actually hurt their own team.

If I was an OSU fan I would be thinking "Oh crap, this just killed the Big 10 strength of schedule". Yeah, OSU and Michigan are bitter rivals. I get that, but I think they're letting common sense go out the window to be happy about this particular Michigan loss.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Badger football fan, I LOVED seeing Michigan lose to App. St. just b/c it takes them out of the National Championship hunt. However, I was disappointed to see Michigan lose to Oregon, especially by as bad as they did. Strength of Schedule DOES matter, especially if more than 2 teams are undefeated at the end of the season.

As a Badger football fan, I LOVED seeing Michigan lose to App. St. just b/c it takes them out of the National Championship hunt. However, I was disappointed to see Michigan lose to Oregon, especially by as bad as they did. Strength of Schedule DOES matter, especially if more than 2 teams are undefeated at the end of the season.

I was the other way around. Very surprised to see them lose to App State but not surprised they lost to Oregon. At the time, I didn't think Lloyd Carr could motivate these players any more. They should have come roaring out of the gate vs. Oregon but they didn't. Oregon isn't a great team, but they are a good team (much like Washington). I really think the Pac-10 has some quality teams in it (Oregon, USC, UCLA, Cal (I think both UCLA and Cal are in the Pac 10), and Washington) and the Big Ten has been in the decline for a while. It's a cyclical thing, for sure, but usually it has to hit bottom before it can go up. I don't think we've seen rock bottom for the Big 10. It could be close though.

Likewise, for the record, I was not surprised to see Michigan beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame just has nothing to offer. It would be like UND football playing MSU Moorhead at this point.

Was this t-shirt thing low-brow? Yes. Was it immature? Maybe. But is it in bad taste? I don't think so. I'm sure, even if no one from the other side would admit it, someone would make similar t-shirts if one of their heated rivals lost to a team they certainly should have lost to when stakes are on the line. What that means is: I think we'd get ribbed a bit if we lost to Manitoba to start the season, but no one would make T-shirts. However, if UND lost to, say, Mercyhurst in the NCAAs, then perhaps we would see T-shirts being made.

The stakes were high in the Michigan/App State game and the UMN/Holy Cross game. That would do it, as far as I'm concerned.

I lent mine to Hockeymom and she kept it. :sad:

I stole it. And I have no intention of returning it. If you try and make me return it, I will run you down with my mobility scooter.....at the bottom of the Columbia Road overpass, so I will be going between 30-35 mph at the time of the collision.

I stole it. And I have no intention of returning it. If you try and make me return it, I will run you down with my mobility scooter.....at the bottom of the Columbia Road overpass, so I will be going between 30-35 mph at the time of the collision.

You forget how big I am!! Hitting me with your mobility scooter will result in it's demise!! :sad:

I had mixed feelings about that game. I thought it was good in a way only because it would give the Sioux a much easier opponent in the 2nd game assuming that they win the first game. However, I was thinking that if Michigan should happen to beat the Sioux that would knock my two favorite teams out of the tournament both on the first day. Yes, believe it or not, the Gophers are my 2nd favorite team in college hockey. In addition to that, I'm very much pro-WCHA. I will always cheer for WCHA teams over non-WCHA teams.

I am very pro-WCHA too but its always fun to see your biggest enemy lose to the lowest seed. When your biggest enemy in sports loses, the first thing that comes to your mind is not "oh s&!t even if we go undefeated the SOS is now against us" NO, as a fan the first thing you say is "F&*K ya they lost to the worst team in the country!" and you continue to rub it in until someone else loses. Second you can't be a Sioux fan and like the Gophers, thats just not right. You are either a full blooded SIOUX fan or you are just a college hockey fan in general and you dont take favorites!

"The Minnesota Gophers are the New York Yankees of NCAA hockey. They get all the advantages, but continue to fail to meet expectations." That sums up the Gophers hockey program every year!

Second you can't be a Sioux fan and like the Gophers, thats just not right. You are either a full blooded SIOUX fan or you are just a college hockey fan in general and you dont take favorites! "The Minnesota Gophers are the New York Yankees of NCAA hockey. They get all the advantages, but continue to fail to meet expectations." That sums up the Gophers hockey program every year!

I agree you can't like the Goofers if your a Sioux fan, doesn't make sense and would give me a rash.

Your either with the sioux or against the Sioux :):sad:troll_bait.gif

As much as I would like to cheer for the WCHA, that just is not going to happen when the Goofers are playing - I want them to lose every time regardless of whom they are playing. The only exception would be of Michigan who I hate even more the the rodents.

What about du, or bc, I would put them on the list of top ten Sioux public enemies.

Yeah, DaveK you need to hand in your "Sioux hockey fan" card to have a corner cut off of it. I can see being a UMTC football fan, and also a UND hockey fan, but not also a goofer hockey fan? Pretty much makes no sense. I'm proudly a NDSU Bison football fan (anyone catch that game on Saturday :sad: ?), and of course a Sioux Hockey fan. But I'm always (well not always, it's good to see a ND team doing well in the NCAA playoffs, especially in D2, that'll change though when UND gets moved up) cheering against the Sioux Football team. I get sick at just the thought of cheering for goofer hockey.

Seriously, as strange as it may seem, I'm a hardcore Sioux fanatic who happens to also like the Gophers. The way that happened is back when I was very young I became a football fan quite a few years before I became a hockey fan. In football the Sioux were my favorite D2 team and the Gophers were my favorite D1 team. Then when I got a little older and started to follow hockey I couldn't bring myself to dislike the Gophers because I was already a fan of their football team. I do not share the irrational hatred that many other Sioux fans feel towards the Gophers. All of my irrational hatred is saved for the Bison. :)