SiouxSports.com Forum

Stupidity or disrespect?

TheLillah

Looking at the Southern Utah football site, I found that their press release is littered with misspellings and misidentification of our Fighting Sioux.

SUU, it's SIOUX not SOUIX. And we are the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA not north dakota state. If this is the caliber of your graduates we can anticipate that the complexities of the UND defence will put a smack down on your bottom-dwelling FCS team.

Sioux by 14.

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/football/release.html

I agree with you SIOUX_YEAH_YEAH. It's real stupidity hell I remember when they play the University of South Florida here in Tampa & the refer to them as the University of Southern Florida. So those folks haven't change one bit if you ask me. GO SIOUX & GO GATORS

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973 (HOCKEY)

Both schools do play Southern Utah but the big difference is the Sioux play them on the road and the bison play them at home. Also the Sioux seem to be a better turf team and the game will be on the grass at Utah. But still all in all the games will give us a better idea how the two teams compare.

They are not the only ones with their heads up their hind parts. ESPN can join them after stating during their 50 states in 50 days thing 2 years ago statiing the Phil Jackson went to NDSU while the picture they showed of him had North Dakota on it and also during the K-State vs Auburn game they said that Tim Tibesar was a coach at NDSU.

It took Montana until the fourth quarter to finally wear SUU down. And that was at Wash-Griz Stadium. We are playing them on their home grass. Also, SUU has what is considered the toughest schedule in FCS. They are going to be shooting for every single win they can squeek out. I hope that people aren't just assuming this is an easy win for us.

Also, what does NDSU have to do with any of this? They can worry about the Great West conference title this year. We don't have to worry about that until next year. We have the DII playoffs to still worry about this year before we start making meaningless score comparissons.

It took Montana until the fourth quarter to finally wear SUU down. And that was at Wash-Griz Stadium. We are playing them on their home grass. Also, SUU has what is considered the toughest schedule in FCS. They are going to be shooting for every single win they can squeek out. I hope that people aren't just assuming this is an easy win for us.

Also, what does NDSU have to do with any of this? They can worry about the Great West conference title this year. We don't have to worry about that until next year. We have the DII playoffs to still worry about this year before we start making meaningless score comparissons.

Meaningless? NDSU is still one of our biggest football rivalries, even if we don't play them right now. Southern Utah is the one team that is playing both NDSU and UND this year, so it's just a way of seeing how we could possibly match up with them now or in the future. I sure don't see anything with NDSU being meaningless considering they are a really good team.

They are not the only ones with their heads up their hind parts. ESPN can join them after stating during their 50 states in 50 days thing 2 years ago statiing the Phil Jackson went to NDSU while the picture they showed of him had North Dakota on it and also during the K-State vs Auburn game they said that Tim Tibesar was a coach at NDSU.

NDSU can have Phil Jackson as far as I'm concerned......Tibesar they can not have.

Maybe... or maybe they'll regress a bit and fall back to the pack after they lose that great QB to graduation. I'd at least like to see them earn the respect before we give it to them.

I'd at least like to see them earn the respect before we give it to them.

If that hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to happen.

The one thing I foresee from both schools playing SUU is the score being run up. You can bet it will happen if either get the chance. The down side to this is, if we get control of the game early, it would be good to get some of the younger players some field time.

The one thing I foresee from both schools playing SUU is the score being run up. You can bet it will happen if either get the chance. The down side to this is, if we get control of the game early, it would be good to get some of the younger players some field time.

I highly doubt that. Lennon and Bohl aren't anywhere near as petty as some UND/NDSU fans.

I highly doubt that. Lennon and Bohl aren't anywhere near as petty as some UND/NDSU fans.

Especially not as petty as some psuedo-UND fan attempting to give SUU bulletin board material. TRex is supposedly totally disillusioned by UND's programs, yet s/he has so much confidence in the FB program's ability to win that UND will be running up the score. :angry:

Especially not as petty as some psuedo-UND fan attempting to give SUU bulletin board material. TRex is supposedly totally disillusioned by UND's programs, yet s/he has so much confidence in the FB program's ability to win that UND will be running up the score. :angry:

Nope, I'm only disillusioned with with the money wasted on the logo fight.

Looking at the Southern Utah football site, I found that their press release is littered with misspellings and misidentification of our Fighting Sioux.

SUU, it's SIOUX not SOUIX. And we are the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA not north dakota state. If this is the caliber of your graduates we can anticipate that the complexities of the UND defence will put a smack down on your bottom-dwelling FCS team.

Sioux by 14.

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/football/release.html

I would say that it was just the writer being sloppy. I would bet their SI dept. is under staffed. I wonder if he knows how to spell defense. :angry:

The spelling of defense varies from where you come. Many Canadians spell it "defence" and with all of the hockey types in this forum, you can never tell. ;)

Very true, but I was just having fun. I am sure the writer at SUU meant know disrespect and was just very sloppy with his or her work. UND football has great respect in the GWFC and in the FCS. I am looking forward to the Sioux becoming conference mates next year.

I was at our game with SUU last year. They were a poor team that was handled in quick fashion by the Bison. This year it seems that things may have changed. The buzz from the Griz fans is that SUU was a damn tough opponent and that the game at Washington Grizzly was much closer than indicated by the score. I don't think that anyone ought to take SUU for granted this year.

By the way......some advice for those of you going to the game.........stay in Mesquite, NV rather than Cedar City, UT. Much better nightlife and golfing in Mesquite......

The way I see it, we're abandoning a sinking ship. We don't have much choice. The ship was not sinking when they jumped off. That's what you missed.

So, you would rather stay in D2 football? Not me and to my recolection, the NCC didn't want to move up when NDSU made the jump. I am glad the Sioux are moving up.