SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why Mike Cichy isn't in the rankings? Apparently despite a pretty good year in the USHL he didn't crack them or am I missing something as to the reason?

Mike will be a good player for UND whether he is drafted or not, but coming from some good sources he has some flaws in his game which he needs to work on. Although I think he will be a very good foward in the long run, I don't think he is going to come in here next year and "skate circles" like some fans on here may think.

Mike will be a good player for UND whether he is drafted or not, but coming from some good sources he has some flaws in his game which he needs to work on. Although I think he will be a very good foward in the long run, I don't think he is going to come in here next year and "skate circles" like some fans on here may think.

After talking with players that played with and against Mike Cichy, he will not have the impact on the program that many are expecting. From what I've heard, he can't even bench 100lbs. He is not a good team player and not liked by his teammate because of his attitude. Don't get me wrong, he has the skills to play at the next level but just isn't the type of player that many people like to play with.

Although I think he will be a very good foward in the long run, I don't think he is going to come in here next year and "skate circles" like some fans on here may think.

That's alright, that's what Toews, Gregoire, and Hextall are supposed to do as freshmen. :sad::lol:

Do we even know if he is coming next year for sure yet? I haven't heard Hak mention his name as one who is coming in next year even though he is listed as a 2008 recruit. Maybe he plays another year in the USHL and gets stronger and works on his weaknesses even though I would expect he wouldn't want to do that considering the Q has been after him for a while now and that might make him head in that direction.

Do we even know if he is coming next year for sure yet? I haven't heard Hak mention his name as one who is coming in next year even though he is listed as a 2008 recruit. Maybe he plays another year in the USHL and gets stronger and works on his weaknesses even though I would expect he wouldn't want to do that considering the Q has been after him for a while now and that might make him head in that direction.

Nope. We don't even know who's leaving yet.

I would think that Cichy will come in regardless of who leaves. Same with Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux, Eidsness, and Blood.

The players that would more depend on who leaves or who is more ready would be Gleason, Finehage, MacWilliam, and Bruneteau.

Bruneteau was slated to come in for 2008, but has struggled to get back in the lineup after his concussion, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him play another year in the USHL.

Didn't see this posted yet, so enjoy a nice little piece on Gregoire.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/04/25...7c391506072.txt

Also, concerning the questions of Cichy's teamwork and ability to get along with others, was this information obtained from people in the USHL he played with or from those in the Development program that he left. I think he was in the wrong type of system with the development team, and some negative comments most likely came from that situation instead of his stint with Tri-City.

Toews is listed at #79 in the central scouting rankings. Did he drop? I thought he was projected as a late first rounder.

He was ranked #71 in the complete mid-term rankings, so he only dropped 8 spots.

In both rankings, he has been projected as a 3rd round draft pick.

He was ranked #71 in the complete mid-term rankings, so he only dropped 8 spots.

In both rankings, he has been projected as a 3rd round draft pick.

I thought he was ranked 27th or something like that?

After talking with players that played with and against Mike Cichy, he will not have the impact on the program that many are expecting. From what I've heard, he can't even bench 100lbs. He is not a good team player and not liked by his teammate because of his attitude. Don't get me wrong, he has the skills to play at the next level but just isn't the type of player that many people like to play with.

that sounds like BS to me. cichy has twice as many assists(29) to goals(14). also, everybody in the ushl can bench 100. are you just making this stuff up?

From what I understand about the types of players our coaches recruit, I don't think they would take a gamble on a kid that is not supposed to be a team player or liked by his teammates. From everything that I have heard, he just has some flaws in his game that he needs to improve on.

And your qualifications for evaluating talent are? I think I am going to trust the Sioux coaches on this one. This guy was a very sought after recruit in both the QMJHL and in College.

And your qualifications for evaluating talent are? I think I am going to trust the Sioux coaches on this one. This guy was a very sought after recruit in both the QMJHL and in College.

He played hockey. That's all the credentials you need to know. Since he played hockey, it's automatic.

Nope. We don't even know who's leaving yet.

Exactly. Who's going, who's coming, led me to do some pondering ....

As things stand now, there are really only four open roster slots, and it looks to me like they are accounted for:

Lamoureux --> Eidsness

Bina --> Blood

Kaip --> Hextall

Radke --> Lamoureux (he's age 20+ this fall)

So, where do Gregoire, Bruneteau, Toews, and Cichy find playing time?

Mario Lamoureux is eligible to play another USHL season and Gregoire could be the guy, but again, where are the other slots?

Exactly. Who's going, who's coming, led me to do some pondering ....

As things stand now, there are really only four open roster slots, and it looks to me like they are accounted for:

Lamoureux --> Eidsness

Bina --> Blood

Kaip --> Hextall

Radke --> Lamoureux (he's age 20+ this fall)

Mario Lamoureux is eligible to play another USHL season and Gregoire could be the guy, but again, where are the other slots?

Sicatoka, I am going to say that Towes and Gregoire and probably Cichy will be playing, they aren't going to be sitting in the stands they are top of line recruits. I can't see a Martins or a Miller playing over that trio of players especially when most of them won't be here longer than three season. I mean I am not as hockey smart as Riders_06 but from what I read they are all probably immediate impact players.

He played hockey. That's all the credentials you need to know. Since he played hockey, it's automatic.

Yeah, surely you're kidding right? :glare: I am going to assume that is sarcsm?

Despite his older age, I think that Bruneteau is the least likely of those 4 to come in next season. He barely played after his concussion, and didn't put up much for numbers when he did play. I could see him playing another year of juniors and joining the team in 2009.

For sure I think that Gregoire and Toews come in. Those two won't be here for four seasons anyway, so we'll want to utilize their services while we can.

To make roster spots available for some of these talented youngsters, I think that we could see some surprises with a couple returning forwards (unless we lose all Oshie, Duncan, Kozek, etc). Hakstol could make some moves with Davidson or Forney...