SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That list of top recruiting classes is a little bush league and will no doubt change but I'm liking all the Gopher love going on in this thread :whistling: And I think our class will still be #1 but the question is whether or not that will turn into success or another disappointment.

USHL weekend update

blood (indiana), 1 assist saturday

fienhage (indiana), 2 PIM saturday

cichy(tri-city), 1 goal 1 assist saturday

lamoureux (tri-city), 14 PIM friday, 2 assists saturday

fink(waterloo), didnt play this weekend

gregoire (lincoln), 1 assist friday, 1 goal saturday

BCHL

HEXTALL and penticton ar awaiting their playoff oppenent, he finished regular seson with 24-48=72 points - first on team and tied for 12th in the league

AJHL

eidsness has started playoffs winning game 1 of best of 5 series. he finished regular season with a 29-4-4 record, most wins in leagu. 2.12 gaa which was second in league. and a .933 sv% which was tops in the league.

macwilliam and comrose are also in playoffs and awaiting their oppenent

USHL weekend update

blood (indiana), 1 assist saturday

fienhage (indiana), 2 PIM saturday

cichy(tri-city), 1 goal 1 assist saturday

lamoureux (tri-city), 14 PIM (10 min cfb, cfb, delay game) friday, 2 assists saturday, 1 goal sunday

fink(waterloo), didnt play this weekend

gregoire (lincoln), 1 assist friday, 1 goal saturday

Bruneteau(des moines) , back playing from concussion, 2 PIM friday, played saturday

BCHL

HEXTALL and penticton ar awaiting their playoff oppenent, he finished regular seson with 24-48=72 points - first on team and tied for 12th in the league

AJHL

eidsness has started playoffs winning game 1 of best of 5 series. he finished regular season with a 29-4-4 record, most wins in leagu. 2.12 gaa which was second in league. and a .933 sv% which was tops in the league.

macwilliam and comrose are also in playoffs and awaiting their oppenent

I wonder if Hextall's UND career will mimic Kaip's. IIRC, Kaip scored well in the SJHL before coming to UND and then his offense dropped off to the point where posters were asking what Hak was thinking when he compared Kaip to McMahon. His junior and senior seasons, however, were (are) HUGE for the Sioux. He certainly is now just as well liked, imo, as McMahon was.

I'd love to see that production continue at UND, but I'm just not sure it will translate. You never know though.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Eidsness was awareded the AJHL MVP award;

Most Valuable Player - Alberta Old Time Hockey Players Trophy

Goaltender Brad Eidsness of the Okotoks Oilers has been named the Most Valuable Player in the Alberta Junior Hockey League. Eidsness completed the season with a 2.12 GAA (2nd overall) and .933 Save Percentage (1st overall). Eidsness posted an impressive regular season record of 29-4-4. The award marks the first time that an Okotoks Oilers player has won the MVP honour.

Eidsness represented Canada and captured the Gold Medal at the 2007 World Junior A Challenge in November as a member of Team Canada West. Eidsness also represented the Oilers on the South Division All-Star Team in the 2008 Rogers AJHL All-Star Game. Eidsness was recently named to the 2008 AJHL All-League Team.

Eidsness was selected in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres. Bradley Eidsness has committed to the University of North Dakota (Fighting Sioux) of the WCHA in Grand Forks, North Dakota, for the 2008 season. Eidsness was awarded the inaugural Enerflex AJHL Scholarship on February 25th, 2008 in recognition of his leadership, sportsmanship, dedication and academic performance.

Dustin Sather of the Grande Prairie Storm was the League

I wonder if Hextall's UND career will mimic Kaip's. IIRC, Kaip scored well in the SJHL before coming to UND and then his offense dropped off to the point where posters were asking what Hak was thinking when he compared Kaip to McMahon. His junior and senior seasons, however, were (are) HUGE for the Sioux. He certainly is now just as well liked, imo, as McMahon was.

I'd love to see that production continue at UND, but I'm just not sure it will translate. You never know though.

From what I hear of him the Goofs fans aren't going to like him and that makes me hope he is as good if not better than Kaip.

Also the BCHL is tougher than the SJHL isn't it?

From what I hear of him the Goofs fans aren't going to like him and that makes me hope he is as good if not better than Kaip.

Also the BCHL is tougher than the SJHL isn't it?

From what I know the BCHL is a more offense-laden league whereas the USHL is defense-laden.

I don't know where the SJHL fits into all of this. Only that Kaip's team, the Notre Dame Hounds, are a pretty good team, if not the best team historically in that league.

From what I know the BCHL is a more offense-laden league whereas the USHL is defense-laden.

I don't know where the SJHL fits into all of this. Only that Kaip's team, the Notre Dame Hounds, are a pretty good team, if not the best team historically in that league.

The SJHL is one tough league to play in. Regardless, I would think that Hextall is going to be a bit more like Prpich, with the possibility of a little more offensive upside. Other teams will hate him while his team and fans will love him which is merely part of the Hextall legacy. :angry:

That list of top recruiting classes is a little bush league and will no doubt change but I'm liking all the Gopher love going on in this thread :angry: And I think our class will still be #1 but the question is whether or not that will turn into success or another disappointment.

Overall, I find a strong bias towards gopher recruits in the NCAA because they really don't get to see a lot of other players . I knew they had it completely wrong when they dismissed Toews as just another high ranking recruit when he came to UND and where all over Kessel and Okposo.

The UND class that is coming in this year is better than anything the gophers have, believe me. And if some of the future recruits being mentioned on this board come to UND, the gophers will have absolutely no chance to beat these guys in the future, none!

Get used to it.

Overall, I find a strong bias towards gopher recruits in the NCAA because they really don't get to see a lot of other players . I knew they had it completely wrong when they dismissed Toews as just another high ranking recruit when he came to UND and where all over Kessel and Okposo.

The UND class that is coming in this year is better than anything the gophers have, believe me. And if some of the future recruits being mentioned on this board come to UND, the gophers will have absolutely no chance to beat these guys in the future, none!

Get used to it.

I don't think it will ever be the case where the gophers have no chance against the Sioux and vice versa. Too much of a rivalry to be that one-sided. I remember years where you would have thought there was no chance the Sioux would beat the gophers and did, and remember being on the other side of the spectrum. Remember, the first sweep they had in Minneapolis since 1981 came only last year, and there have been some awesome Sioux teams that have come and gone since then.

Get used to it.

Schroeder and Ness are very good - however they are both small and young. One positive about the 08 Sioux class is that it is older/bigger. It will be good to get some more size, both up front and on the blueline.

Hopefully, this season is the last that the Gophers are bigger/stronger than us.