SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Recruiting

AZSIOUX

There were some rumors on GPL earlier this summer that Minnesota recruit Nick Larson would redshirt for the Gophers instead of playing in the USHL. It turns out, that he is burnt out from hockey and will be taking the year off and possibly never playing again. Larson was an 08 recruit from Hill Murray.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some rumors on GPL earlier this summer that Minnesota recruit Nick Larson would redshirt for the Gophers instead of playing in the USHL. It turns out, that he is burnt out from hockey and will be taking the year off and possibly never playing again. Larson was an 08 recruit from Hill Murray.

Oh Darn. :lol:

At least Larson wasn't making funny money. *cough* Bochenski.

Hush now, you'll only embarass the Goph's by reaching back into ancient history. In fact, Minnesota's Pride has a "garage shopper" joining the team in the near future.

I know the Larson kid, too. Great hockey player. I hope he doesn't make any decisions that he regrets a couple of years from now. But I do understand burnout. It takes a special kid to play in the WCHA

• 2 weeks later...

didnt know where to put this and i know its not a recruit story but the hrisch saga continues...interesting

On Thursday, the Aeros issued a news release that was still on their website Sunday, saying, "Hirsch signed a contract with the team and has been assigned to the Aeros' ECHL affiliate, Texas Wildcatters."

According to Hirsch on Sunday, "I have neither verbally committed to or signed anything resembling a contract with the Minnesota Wild or their minor-league affiliates. I have never laid eyes on a would-be contract and am currently a free agent.

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/1469916.html

didnt know where to put this and i know its not a recruit story but the hrisch saga continues...interesting

On Thursday, the Aeros issued a news release that was still on their website Sunday, saying, "Hirsch signed a contract with the team and has been assigned to the Aeros' ECHL affiliate, Texas Wildcatters."

According to Hirsch on Sunday, "I have neither verbally committed to or signed anything resembling a contract with the Minnesota Wild or their minor-league affiliates. I have never laid eyes on a would-be contract and am currently a free agent.

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/1469916.html

I would be willing to be that there is a good chance he won't be signing with the Wild organization. :lol:

Wrenn (US U-17 defender) to DU... Again, rumors of their demise have been greatly exaggerated...

good for them. they still lost some good talent to major juniors and to us no matter how you cut it. they are a solid team and will be for years under dasher boy