SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Xtra

AussieSiouxFan

It works perfectly for me with a year old laptop and a DSL connection.

Are you referring to the archived videos or the compatibility link on the registration page?

I can run the archived videos by setting the buffer for wmplayer to 20 sec, but the compatibility link never connects.

I won't pay for this until everything works for me, right now, looks like I won't subscribe. My PC and DSL connection far exceed the listed requirements.

What makes me think server problems is that I now often get kicked out trying to go to the sioux-xtra home page. Something is not working right there.

Anyone have any luck with connecting yet. I have all the requirements but the video does not get past the connecting stage.

They suggest you turn off all "Security Software" if you have any on and...

When I select a live/On-Demand broadcast the media player say transitioning and never plays. Are there technical difficulties with the broadcast?

This issue is with your Windows Media Player settings. Close any open web browsers and open Windows Media Player. In Windows Media Player, choose Tools from the top menu. If you can not see the top menu, press the Alt key on your keyboard. This will highlight the word File and will show the other categories. Once you click on Tools, click on Options. From here, click on the network tab. You will then see four options that are checked off. When you are on this screen, please uncheck UDP. After that, click Apply and then click OK.

Neither did NOT help me. Still nothing.

I couldn't get the "sample video" to work, but I signed up anyway, and all the content they currently have works. Just FYI.

Haven't signed up because tech support is just not getting it; is this datflix all over again.

Here's my back and forth with tech:

Request Description:This is in in reply to your response to my first question copied below. As I said, I watched both the archived and live game streams last winter/spring on the same dsl line I am using now, without problems, it worked well. I have not made any changes, yet the archived streams do not work well now.

I went to the speakeasy link, tried speed tests at various locations, and did not get any tests that indicated less than 750K download speed.

Yet the links on your site to archived streams will not work, video is locked up, sound is OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request Description:The sample archived videos that are on the front page of Sioux xtra ran perfectly when I ran them last spring, as did the live feeds, but are very poor now, sound is fine but the picture is locked up most of the time, occasionally sound and video lock up, rebuffer, and start again.

The test link on the sign up page opens the flash wmplayer fine, but hangs up at "connecting to media" and never connects.

I have dsl and can dl at about 700-800/sec.

Tough to sign up when the samples do not work. Is there a problem with the server, or is this the best I can expect when the live feeds begin?

Any suggestions?

The following response is provided:

Pausing, freezing, or no video is normally associated with your internet connection. You can test your internet connection at www.speakeasy.net. If the download speed is lower then 500K you internet connection is not fast enough to keep up with the stream. If the download speed is greater then 500K please check for any firewalls. Firewalls must be either disabled or configured to allow multicasting. Also if you have a router to share your internet connection with other computers then it must also be configured to allow multic

The following response is provided:

You might need to give us some examples because were not sure if the clips your watching are audio only clips or just have strained video.

Thanks,

Site Support

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your request.

Technical Support

The clips I can watch are audio/video clips linked on the home page for Sioux Xtra, https://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.db...p;ATCLID=777152, the link where it reads, "click to play sample video". These play without problems.

The clip that will not connect is on the sign up page, https://www.nmnathletics.com//flexReg/doReg...DB_OEM_ID=13500, the "click here to view sample video" link. There are many with new systems that get stopped at "connecting to media" after the wmplayer flash player opens. I do not go on from there to sign up, as I never connect to that link, so, I assume that I can't get Sioux xtra?:blush:

And, btw, this xosn site is unbelievably sluggish, and I often get timed out going from link to link. For that reason, I think your server has some major problems, which, if they continue, will make for a multitude of unhappy Sioux fans who are fearing a repeat of dataflix.

Haven't signed up because tech support is just not getting it; is this datflix all over again.

Here's my back and forth with tech:

Sprig,

I could run the sample videos on the homepage, but got the same hang up at "connecting to media" as you at the sign up page. Everything else on the site seemed fine though - I didn't experience the same general slowness you have.

Sprig,

I could run the sample videos on the homepage, but got the same hang up at "connecting to media" as you at the sign up page. Everything else on the site seemed fine though - I didn't experience the same general slowness you have.

Would like to see tech give an explanation for that "connecting to media" hangup, as it seems almost everyone is getting stuck there. Maybe a one month sub. to watch September football might be worth a try, but, after dataflix, I don't want to give them another nickel for something that doesn't work.

Also, last year's freebee hockey games ran without problems, using "default buffering" in wmplayer, but I've had to increase buffering to 25 secs to get the archived videos to run smoothly. And I haven't changed anything with my system since last spring.

Well, since I did plenty of complaining here and to the techs, I better put the last reply here.

I saw that you are having some issues with our new premium content and I wanted to address some of your concerns.

The sample video on the sign-up page is not working across the XOS system from us to Ohio State, Duke, Nebraska and NDSU. It is being worked on and should be fixed soon. It's a serious issue for us because it gives our fans a bad first impression, and recalls our previous attempts at video streaming. However, this is not Dataflix. We expect no problems streaming all live events this year. They will run similar to the sample videos you can click on in the "Click to play sample video" link, in new articles (like the Great West comments or Football Media Day) or live events last year.

I would also recommend continue to work with our technical support to clear up any connection issues. You can also call them direct at 1-800-XOS-FANS to talk with someone directly. I believe they are on a 9-5 schedule now, but work late on game nights during the season.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me directly with any concerns or questions,

Matt Schill

UND Athletic Media Relations

Sounds like we should expect the same success that we had watching video streams last spring.

For those that have already subscribed, there is a football media day video. There's also a free short clip of the same. Let us know how the pay stream works for this media day event.

I Just logged in and watched some of the football media day footage. it was fine, quality was good but a little blurry in full screen, the sound was a little bit quiet and speakers had to be turned way up, but all in all, quite good. if the sioux hockey games are like that i will be very happy. :blush:

It seems to be working well for me also on the archived stuff, and I couldn't view the sample either.

I sure hope they are planning on syncing the audio with the video this year. There was no audio for basketball games last year and the radio was a good 10 seconds ahead. Was there audio on hockey webcasts last year?

• 1 month later...

Without changing anything to my computer the "sample video" now works. some companies need to check themselves out tech wise before they tell people its "their fault."

Another side note I bought a day pass to watch the Sioux football game for $6. It is only the opening kickoff but the video stops constantly.

Very annoying, and if it keeps up it will be just like dataflix and not recommended, FYI.

Without changing anything to my computer the "sample video" now works. some companies need to check themselves out tech wise before they tell people its "their fault."

Another side note I bought a day pass to watch the Sioux football game for $6. It is only the opening kickoff but the video stops constantly.

Very annoying, and if it keeps up it will be just like dataflix and not recommended, FYI.

I'm having the same problem. And yet again they always seem to screw things up when it comes to video streaming. The Humboldt game was much more horrible but I can't stand this freezing up crap. They said problems won't happen again but here we go..