SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

With an early game this year, the FB team must report fairly soon. Anyone know when camp starts?

Any word about who may not be returning that we had expected to be there? Is everyone healthy, etc.?

I heard a rumor that we will have a receiver transfer in from the DI school. Any info on him?

With an early game this year, the FB team must report fairly soon. Anyone know when camp starts?

Any word about who may not be returning that we had expected to be there? Is everyone healthy, etc.?

I heard a rumor that we will have a receiver transfer in from the DI school. Any info on him?

Players report on August 2nd. The only player I am aware of that is not returning is Jordan Armentraut. He transferred to Wisc. Lacrosse. Talked to some of the players and they don't know of a receiver transfer. There was a Juco linebacker transfer. Don't know the name.

Players report on August 2nd. The only player I am aware of that is not returning is Jordan Armentraut. He transferred to Wisc. Lacrosse. Talked to some of the players and they don't know of a receiver transfer. There was a Juco linebacker transfer. Don't know the name.

There was a D lineman (Ebanks) from Hibbing CC? Was there also a LB?

That would be great - any hints for us?

September 1 or October 20?

According to d2football.com under the schedule vacancy part: Home game for Sept 1 with UND possibly returning the favor in 08.

Teams with open date on Sept.1 and are looking for games:

Midwestern St (LSC)

Seton Hill (NAIA)

U Mary (NSIC) Plays Augie week 1 then UND? Followed by SCSU Fun start?

My friend's cousin transferred from Fullerton College in California to UND... his name is Ryan Pollow... and he'll be a junior this year. She can't remember offhand what position he plays, but I seem to remember her telling me in the past that he's a linebacker. I tried to look it up on the Fullerton College webpage, but they've already got rid of last year's roster to make room for the new one (which isn't up yet).

The 2007 roster has been posted. It looks like there have been a few defections since spring ball--Jordan Armentrout, Nate Rambeck, Pete Gibbs and Andy White. At least those are the ones I noticed.

Any of these a real loss, maybe White? I heard that Rambeck didn't come back because a very good WR transferred in. Anything to that rumor?

Any of these a real loss, maybe White? I heard that Rambeck didn't come back because a very good WR transferred in. Anything to that rumor?

I don't know what happened with Rambeck. I have to assume this wasn't expected since he was specifically mentioned in the 2007 football prospectus on fightingsioux.com. I think he had the ability to contribute so his apparent departure is unfortunate. I'm not aware of any receiver transfers other than the MSU-Mankato kid who sat out last year. At least, there aren't any listed on the new roster.

It's kind of a shame when a 5th-year senior-to-be like White doesn't return for his last year since presumably this would have been the year he could have been a part of the regular rotation, but at least there's a lot of depth at defensive line.

I don't know what happened with Rambeck. I have to assume this wasn't expected since he was specifically mentioned in the 2007 football prospectus on fightingsioux.com. I think he had the ability to contribute so his apparent departure is unfortunate. I'm not aware of any receiver transfers other than the MSU-Mankato kid who sat out last year. At least, there aren't any listed on the new roster.

It's kind of a shame when a 5th-year senior-to-be like White doesn't return for his last year since presumably this would have been the year he could have been a part of the regular rotation, but at least there's a lot of depth at defensive line.

I agree - it must have been a rumor about the transfer. There aren't any unexpected WR transfers on the roster.

Sioux football opens fall camp this week

Quarterbacks

The season begins with a new quaterback at the helm. Junior Danny Freund enters the 2007 campaign as the team’s starting quarterback after further establishing himself with a solid spring. The coaching staff is extremely pleased with Freund’s progress and believes he has all of the tools to lead the offense.

Sophomore Ryan Konrath and freshman Jake Landry will continue to battle for the backup role. Sophomore Andrew Gudmunson returns from the baseball diamond to compete for playing time, while freshman Brock Setness returns to provide further depth.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

I agree - it must have been a rumor about the transfer. There aren't any unexpected WR transfers on the roster.

Does anyone know for sure how the roster works? By that I mean, it would seem that this is not the official roster for 2007 since it is possible that some of the expected players may not report on the 2nd. Correct? I have not heard anything about a transfer receiver but if he did not attend summer workouts, he may report tomorrow.

Sioux to take a close look at incoming freshman players

Lennon said there are a handful of freshmen who could see the field.

"We're going to be very open about it," Lennon said. "We'll take a hard look at this freshman class. If they're ready to contribute, we'll consider lifting the redshirt.

"A good number of them may have the talent to contribute early."

Lennon didn't identify the players who may see the field right away.