SiouxSports.com Forum

Blue's Development Camp

WiSioux

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More quotes from St. Louis Blues Development Camp yesterday:

Oshie will return to North Dakota later this summer for his junior year.

"Mostly it's my teammates," he said when asked about the decision. "We have a really strong, close family at North Dakota, and after that loss, it hit me a little harder than it did the year before because I'd been there for two years.

"It's my role to try to go back and do what we couldn't do last year."

Oshie has been one of the most impressive players after two days at Blues developmental camp this week. After one day, Blues President John Davidson compared Oshie to Blues icon Brian Sutter, the patron saint of talent coupled with hustle, desire and grit.

"He's a great player, he kind of reminds me of like a Keith Tkachuk in front of the net," said Blues goaltending prospect Ben Bishop, who has faced Oshie in college. "He's got a lot of skill. He's kind of like a football player out there, but he's got good hands and a good head on his shoulders."

Here's the link to a story from the News Republic last night on T.J. Oshie:

Prospect makes tough decision: He won't join Blues

http://www.bnd.com/sports/blues/story/78420.html

Like Triouxper stated in a post from yesterday, Sioux fans this is a real great group of kids who have stayed together to try and accomplish their mission of winning UND's #8 National Championship in 2007-08.

Oshie is pure class and this season should be considered a gift for being able to get him back and I hope we all appreciate him.

I think he could definately be driving that new expensive SUV counting his money and talking to an investment broker.

"Mostly it's my teammates," he said when asked about the decision. "We have a really strong, close family at North Dakota, and after that loss, it hit me a little harder than it did the year before because I'd been there for two years.

"It's my role to try to go back and do what we couldn't do last year."

I really like the sound of that. Wow, these kids are on a mission...it's gonna be awfully fun starting in October.

I wish somebody would ask Davidson if he is kicking himself for not drafting Toews after seeing Oshie and Duncan play well together at camp...Imagine if they could have kept that line together...Bad move by the Blues, EMFJ is good and all, but keeping that line together would have been magic.

Some very nice words for the UND boys from Andy Strickland's blog

University of North Dakota star and former Blues first rounder T.J. Oshie has been most impressive thus far at the development camp. His ability to make plays with the puck to go along with his desire to score will allow him to be successful when he turns pro. Oshie has been the hardest working player in camp. He could make the Blues roster this year without a doubt. The most impressive thing about Oshie is his ability to take charge on the ice. He

In a post titled "MacInnis on 590 just said. . ." Shinny states:

That Oshie may not go back to ND afterall. . that there was a "small crack of space" that he may change his mind. .

Also said that Oshie WOULD make the roster for the team if he changed his mind. . not Peoria. . but the big club.

This is news to me. .

Thoughts?

After stirring up hopes and getting Blues fans really excited (for ten posts), Shinny adds:

MacInnis made a couple of points to consider. .

(I should have just done a recap)

-Oshie is ready for the NHL. . there is no question. Again, he WOULD make the team. He stressed the big club, not Peoria.

-Oshie doesn't need to be playing in college. Feels he will pick up bad habits while continuing to play with the talent level there.

-Has matured and has really really impressed Murray. He's a leader on the ice and off.

Al kind of talked about it as if they are trying to get him to come play without pressuring him. Very 'matter of factly'.

This thread can be found here

I'm not sure what kind of "bad habits" they feel TJ is picking up playing at UND... but I don't agree :silly:

I'm sure glad the Blues respect his decision to return to UND. :silly::silly:

it would be a huge addition if TJ joined the blues so you cant blame them for wanting to sign him. they suck and he is a piece along with EJ to make them better, i have said snce day 1 i wouldnt be suprised if TJ signed and wouldnt fault him either, i still think hes coming back like most but nothing is ever 100% in life with anything........

it would be a huge addition if TJ joined the blues so you cant blame them for wanting to sign him. they suck and he is a piece along with EJ to make them better, i have said snce day 1 i wouldnt be suprised if TJ signed and wouldnt fault him either, i still think hes coming back like most but nothing is ever 100% in life with anything........

Agreed. Judging from the fan reaction and the autograph session, he won't hurt them at the box office, either...which I'm sure didn't go unnoticed. I hope he comes back, but all the best to him if he changes his mind. It would cost the Sioux one or two spots in the WCHA standings, that how important he is to the puzzle.

In a post titled "MacInnis on 590 just said. . ." Shinny states:

After stirring up hopes and getting Blues fans really excited (for ten posts), Shinny adds:

This thread can be found here

I'm not sure what kind of "bad habits" they feel TJ is picking up playing at UND... but I don't agree :silly:

Sounds like the same s&!t the Devils feed ZPar. McInnis is trying to "call him out" through the media. Hey, it's all about the business, the Blues are just looking out for their best intrest. I can't say I blame them for that. That being said, I feel that TJ is totally committed to his UND teammates, coaches, and the fans, and if he said he is coming back, I have to believe him.

Comments from MizzouFan0306 from tonight's scrimmage on Oshie and Duncan: Scrimmage notes

T.J. Oshie: Looked great. IMO one of the best forwards out there. He's fast, he has a nice shot, and he can really cycle the puck. Plus, this guy is TOUGH. He got hit a few times and he never goes down. Great toughness and good balance - just an overall great hockey player. Can't wait to see him in the NHL.

Ryan Duncan: One of the best forwards on the ice. He's small, but he plays BIG. He hits, he battles along the boards and in the corners, and he's not afraid to battle the bigger guys. He is a warrior. I was VERY impressed with Dunc. He's fast and has a great shot. He scored a breakaway goal too. Him and Oshie on the same line is DYNAMITE.

more thoughts from hf blues fans

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=399568&page=2

Oshie - Better size than I thought...played a ton of minutes for the yellow team and with good reason. Made several nice hits, passes, and stickhandling moves. Stood up for his boy Duncan and for a second I thought he was going to drop the gloves . Love to see that fire. Like EJ he is the real deal Evander Holyfield.

I think Oshie should wear the C, with kaip,bina and chorney wearing an A

another recap

http://mvn.com/nhl-blues/

More stuff on the Blues Camp. love what they say about the UND guys

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8636

Oshie made this guy's "first team" and Duncan made his "second team". Oshie was also his Most Outstanding Player. Two great quotes, and something we've all known and been able to see the past few seasons:

C-T.J. Oshie (Should come out now but his headed back to UND. Thinks the game like an NHL

LW- Ryan Duncan (loves to go high glove side, all this kid does is score.

speaking of what we all have witnessed......i think, and I may be wrong, that high glove side is all he knows. that may look bad, but it doesnt matter if he can score on that shot every time lol

speaking of what we all have witnessed......i think, and I may be wrong, that high glove side is all he knows. that may look bad, but it doesnt matter if he can score on that shot every time lol

Towards the end of the season I noticed goalies would start to cheat and cover that corner a little more. Duncan scored several goals low blocker side when they left that open.

When I interviewed Duncan for a USCHO story last season, he actually seemed a bit miffed that people thought his only shot was high glove from the right circle. He said that he works on shooting from everywhere. When you look at some of the highlights posted of his goals, you'll see that he is capable of scoring on different shots from other areas. Toews said Duncan's shot was so effective because he uses a small stick with little flex, which enables him to shoot the puck more quickly than most goalies can react.