SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Lennon and Montana State

NuSu

With the Bobcats aiming to have a new FB coach by early June things are going to go fast. One can only think that Coach Lennon, the coach from Carrol Collge, and maybe Casey Bardley may be players for consideration. Any info out there, opinions, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If they lost Lennon it could hurt the Sioux in more than one way. I have no doubt that Lennon would recruit North Dakota's high-end talent more than Montana State does now, and I have no doubt he would convince more than his fair share of talent that Bozeman would be a nice place to play football.

Wish they woud have saved about $30,000 on the hiring of the women's hockey coach and used it to sweeten the pot a bit for Dale, although I am sure that money isn't the main thing that's enticing Lennon, although it couldn't hurt.

I have no doubt that Lennon would recruit North Dakota's high-end talent more than Montana State does now, and I have no doubt he would convince more than his fair share of talent that Bozeman would be a nice place to play football.

It is a great place to play football! ;):silly:???:D

It is a great place to play football! ;):silly:???:D

where is your icon? I love the cat with the orange peel--it cracks me up everytime you post on Bobcat Nation. BTW: Lennon outshined 'em all in the forums. We hope to see him soon. Sorry--but your loss would definitely be our gain.

Report: Lennon offered

Footballscoop.com, a coaching Web site that I've found to be rather reliable over the last couple of of years, is reporting Dale Lennon was offered the Montana State head football position today. I'm getting reliable information that the report is accurate and that he is going to spend the weekend thinking it over.

MSU athletic director Peter Fields told the Bozeman Daily Chronicle newspaper that he hopes to call a press conference by Monday. Lennon may well be the top choice now that Carroll College (Mont.) head coach Mike Van Diest withdrew from consideration, according to the Helena Independent Record newspaper.

It's still iffy on whether Lennon would accept the job. He's got a strong bond to UND that will be hard to break. It's doubtful anything will happen with this story until Monday.

- Bison Media Blog

I was just told by a very reliable source Dale is staying. Had he left it would have been a disaster for UND FB, and would ahve hurt the D1 move and UND athletics overall. The Buning problem needs to be taken care of. There are not a lot of people who have the integrity of Dale Lennon who will put his loyalty to his kids and alma mater ahead of personal gain.

I was just told by a very reliable source Dale is staying. Had he left it would have been a disaster for UND FB, and would ahve hurt the D1 move and UND athletics overall. The Buning problem needs to be taken care of. There are not a lot of people who have the integrity of Dale Lennon who will put his loyalty to his kids and alma mater ahead of personal gain.

I hope you are correct. If he takes the MSU job, it will be a major stepping stone for his career. If he could turn the program around in a couple of years, he would be seeing offers from some FBS schools. However, his gain would hurt UND in a bad way. If he decides to stay, which I hope he does, we might count our lucky stars that the program is in this transition period, one that is a major fulcrum for future years. His loyalty to the program during this time might be the key, and should not go unrewarded.

You are correct!!!

This would be wonderful for us to keep Dale. I spoke with him in early May and he was very excited about UND's move to D1. That is why I was so surprised that he interviewed for the job. As a coach, I know it never hurts to interview and keep your options open.

where is your icon? I love the cat with the orange peel--it cracks me up everytime you post on Bobcat Nation. BTW: Lennon outshined 'em all in the forums. We hope to see him soon. Sorry--but your loss would definitely be our gain.

Okay, now my avatar is working. I grew up close to Grand Forks and have lived in Bozeman since 1985. It's true that here, football is the ruling sport. I wanted Lennon to be a Cat but understand there are other factors involved. I can tell you one thing for sure -- winters in Bozeman are so much better!

;) And I bet we make the playoffs before you do! :silly: