SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie Watch?

Sioux

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's another rumor -take it for what it's worth, which right now is: NOTHING

: Oshie and Duncan are invited to the Blues rookie camp this summer. Also, Blues are back talking to Oshie and putting the heat on to change his mind.

aleah....? can you add any substance to this?

: Oshie and Duncan are invited to the Blues rookie camp this summer. Also, Blues are back talking to Oshie and putting the heat on to change his mind.

thats why i started this topic...half this site is based off of rumors. its something to talk about. i think that oshie will keep his word though.

it wouldnt suprise me to see players leave after they said they would stay but in this case its a bit different, they really came together and said we want #8, osh,duncs and chorney and finley

if oshies decision was based on toews then why did he declare he was staying so early?? exactly, expect these guys all to be in sioux unis!

but..............if osh left i wouldnt fault him at all or duncs..just how it goes sometimes

I got a feeling that the deal was between Duncan, Chorney and Oshie.

Sounds to me that Chorney's dad really wants him to play another year.

Anyway, I think those guys are men of their word. But if they left there would be no hard feelings by me.

First and foremost, I believe TJ is a man of his word. If he says he is staying then that's good enough for me, end of story. Second, I would hope that the Blues would respect and support his decision. Third, I think the pact was between TJ, Duncan, and Chorney, as well as others (Finely, ect.) so I don't know if Toews was a part of that or not. I think it would have been difficult for JT to make a commitment like that to those guys, only to let them down later, and I'm sure they all understood that.

First and foremost, I believe TJ is a man of his word. If he says he is staying then that's good enough for me, end of story. Second, I would hope that the Blues would respect and support his decision. Third, I think the pact was between TJ, Duncan, and Chorney, as well as others (Finely, ect.) so I don't know if Toews was a part of that or not. I think it would have been difficult for JT to make a commitment like that to those guys, only to let them down later, and I'm sure they all understood that.

Good point Triouxper and what could we do about it anyways... Nothing

I am not going to let it ruin the summer of goon. FORE

I have known oshie's family for years now. Me and his dad used to coach against each other in seatle. He has always had the attitude of playing for the sioux. Last summer oshies dad said, at a high school hockey camp, that oshie would be playing another year.

You all need to quit reading GPL. It's like getting my Vanek/Okposo/Kessel/Johnson/Wheeler/Goligoski info here. Scratch the Kessel/Vanek parts, you all did cover them quite well. :D

yeah, why get hearsay info from a rivals website and post it like its facts? oh well, it is summer and hockey is still 4-5 months away.....damm

Although I am not giving an opinion or not on whether he will stay, I HIGHLY doubt that Oshie's decision was based on Toews' decision. There was a small chance Toews was going to stay, so why would oshie go out of his way to insist that he is staying right after the season was over? It doesn't make any sense.

yeah, why get hearsay info from a rivals website and post it like its facts? oh well, it is summer and hockey is still 4-5 months away.....damm

Well this thread didn't accomplish what I thought it would. On a more postive note, Ducktober is and hockey season are about 4 1/2 months away.

You all need to quit reading GPL. It's like getting my Vanek/Okposo/Kessel/Johnson/Wheeler/Goligoski info here. Scratch the Kessel/Vanek parts, you all did cover them quite well. :p

What do you know? You come here so often we often wonder if you aren't a Sioux fan but simply are holding yourself back out of some sort of "hangup." :D

The least we can do for such an oft visiting Gopher fan such as yourself is to save you the trip to GPL for your Gopher-related news. :(

yet another dumb thread. wow. Enjoy the rainy day all :D

Holy crap, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!! That's ok, I'm pissed at all this stupid weather too... My apartment, which I'm paying a highly ridiculous rent for, doesn't have heat! Well it does, but my roommate doesn't let us use it, which is stupid because we're paying extra for it, whatever...

Anyways, Osh and the rest of the guys will stay. They're trustworthy guys! (And they wanna win a natty!)

Holy crap, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!! That's ok, I'm pissed at all this stupid weather too... My apartment, which I'm paying a highly ridiculous rent for, doesn't have heat! Well it does, but my roommate doesn't let us use it, which is stupid because we're paying extra for it, whatever...

Anyways, Osh and the rest of the guys will stay. They're trustworthy guys! (And they wanna win a natty!)

Don't worry your not going to need the heat today, its suppose to be 80 degrees today.

5-Day Forecast for Grand Forks, North Dakota

Today: Scattered Thunderstorms, High: 70 F, Low: 55 F

Tomorrow: Scattered Thunderstorms/Wind, High: 78 F, Low: 55 F

Tuesday: Thundershowers, High: 63 F, Low: 47 F

Wednesday: Showers, High: 57 F, Low: 42 F

Thursday: Few Showers, High: 56 F, Low: 38 F

Yes, obviously, since they said they were already! Hence the dumb thread comment :(

Yes, obviously, since they said they were already! Hence the dumb thread comment :p

Hey.... do some research on Bochenski and let me know what you find out. IIRC, didn't he say he was staying until late in the summer when he changed his mind?

But then again, even if I'm wrong, far be it from me to take away from your vastly superior insight as to what is and what is not a dumb thread. :D

Yes, obviously, since they said they were already! Hence the dumb thread comment :(

i think that people need to remember that this is rumor season. i think oshie will stay, but look at what happened last year(and many years) with zajac. and jpar. etc. its not that dumb. if STL offers him a great contract that they may not have before or whatever.