SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie Watch?

Sioux

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players in the past have said they were staying when asked in interviews then left later on, but what do you expect them to say? I dont remember any players who have gone out of their way to contact the media to say they are for sure staying and then left.

Hey.... do some research on Bochenski and let me know what you find out. IIRC, didn't he say he was staying until late in the summer when he changed his mind?

But then again, even if I'm wrong, far be it from me to take away from your vastly superior insight as to what is and what is not a dumb thread. :D

Not exactly - but you should know that.

LET ME DUMB IT DOWN FOR ALL YOU WHO KEEP SAYING HE IS GOING. O.K. ARE YOU READY! OSH SAID HE IS STAYING! AGAIN HE HAS TOLD ST LOUIS GIVE ME 1 MORE YEAR THIS IS NOT J PAR, THIS IS NOT BO, THIS IS TJ OSHIE! FROM WARROAD! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED PEOPLE FROM AROUND HERE CAN BE TAKEN AT HIS WORD. HE IS PANZER,HE IS BINA , MARVIN. ECT. ECT. HE IS ONE OF US. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE CAN BE SAID. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER! START TO SAVE FOR THAT TRIP NEXT SPRING. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IF STILL DON'T GET, YOU MUST NOT BE FROM AROUND HERE AND NOW YOU KNOW. WHEN YOU ARE FROM THIS AREA YOUR WORD IS WHO YOU ARE! START ALL THE OSH IS LEAVING THREADS YOU WANT, WHILE YOU ARE AT IT YOU SHOULD START "THE SKY IS FALLING THREAD" :D:(:p;)

Hey.... do some research on Bochenski and let me know what you find out. IIRC, didn't he say he was staying until late in the summer when he changed his mind?

But then again, even if I'm wrong, far be it from me to take away from your vastly superior insight as to what is and what is not a dumb thread. :D

Wasn't Bochenski going to ineligible because of academics? Which would make his decision that much easier.....

LET ME DUMB IT DOWN FOR ALL YOU WHO KEEP SAYING HE IS GOING. O.K. ARE YOU READY! OSH SAID HE IS STAYING! AGAIN HE HAS TOLD ST LOUIS GIVE ME 1 MORE YEAR THIS IS NOT J PAR, THIS IS NOT BO, THIS IS TJ OSHIE! FROM WARROAD! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED PEOPLE FROM AROUND HERE CAN BE TAKEN AT HIS WORD. HE IS PANZER,HE IS BINA , MARVIN. ECT. ECT. HE IS ONE OF US. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE CAN BE SAID. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER! START TO SAVE FOR THAT TRIP NEXT SPRING. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IF STILL DON'T GET, YOU MUST NOT BE FROM AROUND HERE AND NOW YOU KNOW. WHEN YOU ARE FROM THIS AREA YOUR WORD IS WHO YOU ARE! START ALL THE OSH IS LEAVING THREADS YOU WANT, WHILE YOU ARE AT IT YOU SHOULD START "THE SKY IS FALLING THREAD" :D:(

sweet thanks for the re assurance TJ ;):p

TJ is also not from around here. He's from Washington. :p

dam right, left coaster like me, oh wait im from bemidji :D forget sometimes ;)

i heard tj will play superman in the new upcoming blockbuster movie ;) and they told him he didnt even have to act :(

LET ME DUMB IT DOWN FOR ALL YOU WHO KEEP SAYING HE IS GOING. O.K. ARE YOU READY! OSH SAID HE IS STAYING! AGAIN HE HAS TOLD ST LOUIS GIVE ME 1 MORE YEAR THIS IS NOT J PAR, THIS IS NOT BO, THIS IS TJ OSHIE! FROM WARROAD! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED PEOPLE FROM AROUND HERE CAN BE TAKEN AT HIS WORD. HE IS PANZER,HE IS BINA , MARVIN. ECT. ECT. HE IS ONE OF US. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE CAN BE SAID. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER! START TO SAVE FOR THAT TRIP NEXT SPRING. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IF STILL DON'T GET, YOU MUST NOT BE FROM AROUND HERE AND NOW YOU KNOW. WHEN YOU ARE FROM THIS AREA YOUR WORD IS WHO YOU ARE! START ALL THE OSH IS LEAVING THREADS YOU WANT, WHILE YOU ARE AT IT YOU SHOULD START "THE SKY IS FALLING THREAD" :(:p;);)

TJ- you should be studying for your finals and not trolling on the SS.com message board! You have all summer to convince Sioux Nation that you are coming back for another season. I'll buy you a drink at Judy's when you turn. :D

TJ- you should be studying for your finals and not trolling on the SS.com message board! You have all summer to convince Sioux Nation that you are coming back for another season. I'll buy you a drink at Judy's when you turn. :D

Finals were two weeks ago... :(

Finals were two weeks ago... :(

OK YOU GOT ME! You know this is a lot like talking to a Drew "i am the man" Stafford fan. Anyone who would say that OSHIE IS NOT FROM HERE? IF HE IS NOT WHO IS. His family has lived in the area for a 1,000 years or so! Would that count as being from here?

Ok, here's the deal. It's real simple. TJ is staying, that's the bottom line, period. One look at the kid's past history tells you that he is genuine. When he was a junior in H.S. Warroad lost in the first round of the state tourny. Everyone thought for sure he would bolt for juniors and play a year or two before coming to UND, didn't happen. Why? Because TJ understands the words friend, teammate, loyalty, commitment. He wanted to play one last year where his ancestors, legends if you will, played hockey. He knew he could be part of something special, Warroad went undefeated his senior year. Look up the history of Warroad hockey, the Oshie's, the Boucha's, ect. they are hockey legends. He knows he can be part of something special here at UND, and I honestly believe he has the same commitment to the Fighting Sioux program as he did to Warroad's hockey program. As for where he comes from, the geography here is irrelevant. His given Ojibway name sums it up for me in it's english translation, Keeway Gaboo (sorry if I misspelled) simply means "coming home." Disect that any way you want, but he was given that name for a reason. To me he's a Warroad kid through and through.

Ok, here's the deal. It's real simple. TJ is staying, that's the bottom line, period. One look at the kid's past history tells you that he is genuine. When he was a junior in H.S. Warroad lost in the first round of the state tourny. Everyone thought for sure he would bolt for juniors and play a year or two before coming to UND, didn't happen. Why? Because TJ understands the words friend, teammate, loyalty, commitment. He wanted to play one last year where his ancestors, legends if you will, played hockey. He knew he could be part of something special, Warroad went undefeated his senior year. Look up the history of Warroad hockey, the Oshie's, the Boucha's, ect. they are hockey legends. He knows he can be part of something special here at UND, and I honestly believe he has the same commitment to the Fighting Sioux program as he did to Warroad's hockey program. As for where he comes from, the geography here is irrelevant. His given Ojibway name sums it up for me in it's english translation, Keeway Gaboo (sorry if I misspelled) simply means "coming home." Disect that any way you want, but he was given that name for a reason. To me he's a Warroad kid through and through.

When it comes to the Oshie, never question the Triouxper...

THETRIOUXPER is truly one of a kind.

Here are the exact details. "The Source" is not TJ Oshie. The Source is the man though. UND athletes are not allowed on these boards.

TJ's Ojibwe name is "Kiiwe Kaaboo" which does translate to "coming home" in English. Keeway Kahboo is the phonetic spelling for the english speaking citizens. His dream as a young child was to play hockey and attend Warroad High and be a WARRIOR. Every message board in the state said he was another "Warroad Transfer" yet these people have no idea the story behind it. He had an offer from Shattuck-St. Mary's the weekend after leading Warroad to the 2003 MN State Class A Championship during his sophomore season. That was his coming out party. He turned it down. Leave Warroad HS after winning a title? No way. He wanted to win three back to back to back.

If you were to check the record books, you will see that back in February of 1948, Max "The Chief" Oshie scored 11 goals on a goaltender from TRF named Ralph Engelstad. That is TJ's great uncle who passed away this year to bone cancer. You will see back in 1948 MN State HS Tournament an 8th grade kid named Buster Oshie take the tourney by storm. "Little Chief" made the all-tournament team the following year as a freshman. Buster Oshie is TJ's grandfather. You will see the legendary Henry Boucha electrify crowds in the 1969 State Championship where Warroad fell to mighty Edina, 5-4, in OT. Where Boucha was knocked unconscious by a vicious check at Met Sports Center. Boucha is TJ's cousin. Another cousin , Gary Sargent, who played one year at Bemidji State, won a nattie then signed with the Los Angeles Kings and later the Minnesota North Stars. Loyalty there in coming back playing for the North Stars like Boucha did.

History, tradition and loyalty are very common in the Oshie bloodlines.

As per TRIOUXPER'S correct statement, yes, TJ Oshie could have bolted to play for the Sioux Falls Stampede with Cary Eades leaving Warroad on August 1, 2004, and taking the Assistant Coach position at UND. But, the word and the definition of loyalty is persevering when times are tough. Warroad figured to lose at least 3-4 players to the USHL but they "make a pact" the summer of 2004 and stick by it. Even Coach Eades met with his team before his departure and told his kids to stay in Hockeytown USA.

Well, the history to that storybook was finished on March 5, 2005, when Warroad defeated Totino-Grace Eagles by the score of 4-3 in 2OT which has already been labled one of the greatest State Championship games of all-time in Minnesota HS Hockey history. And if you haven't seen the championship winning goal you better. Oshie stretched out on belly after walking a draw to pass to Aaron Marvin who slammed home the winning goal in the open net. Go to YouTube on click on TJ Oshie. It was that goal that caught the eye of the St. Louis Blues to draft him in the 1st round in 2005.

WHY?

Because TJ Oshie has loyalty, dignity, honor, tradition. The word T.E.A.M. comes before anything else in his mind.

Folks, this kid is staying at UND for reasons more than just his. Would the St. Louis Blues take him? In a heatbeat. Would it be the easy decision usually to turn pro and get the last step closer to playing in the NHL. Yes.

TJ Oshie is staying at UND because he believes in the university that first believed in him. After a stellar freshman season, some people would say he had a so-so sophomore campaign. HOGWASH. Have you ever thrown a football with a broken thumb? Have you ever swung a golf club with a broken thumb? Have you ever shot a basketball with a broken thumb? Have you ever taken time off with a broken thumb?

Most people would say no, except for the last question, because the DL (disablity list) would be full. This kid, when he signed his scholarship, he gave more then just his signature. And yet his signature can now be put alongside the word "LOYALTY & DEDICATION". He has given his heart, soul, body and mind to this institution. And he will until he makes the jump. Not just a few shifts during a game. Every shift.

TJ Oshie is a rare breed. You can tell when the line fills up at the Meet The Sioux functions and high school hockey games across northern Minnesota. You can tell when the lobby is full after games with little Sioux fans looking up with a half smile asking for his autograph where not one goes unsigned. You can tell when he steps on the ice every single shift like its his last yet always has the radiant smile coming back to the bench knowing he has 25-30 more shifts that night. You can tell when TJ Oshie gives you his word .... it is as solid as oak!

Seattle Junior Hockey, Warroad HS Warriors, Sioux Falls Stampede will all tell you this kid is special.

So when this kid tells his teammates, his band of brothers, that he will stay for the team to try one last time to win that coveted 8th NCAA National Championship, this kid means it with his heart and soul.

I wish I had TJ Oshie as a hockey teammate. Success has always followed him. Now, he has put himself in a position to accomplish something magical his final season for the Fighting Sioux.

For the University of North Dakota who believed in him.

Yeah, I meant to say all that, mine was an "abridged" version though. Sorry for the spelling error's with TJ's Ojibwe name.

My brother, THETRIOUXPER, the chosen one. The heart of soul of siouxsports.com. Just thought I'd give the full meal deal as the Oshie' commitment to the University of North Dakota.

Forgot to mention "the source" and "thetriouxper" are #1 Fighting Sioux fans. I can't believe their dedication to this team.

Chix wings, cold malts and hours upon hours of the program is second to none. These guys are TRUE FIGHTING SIOUX fans.

My brother, THETRIOUXPER, the chosen one. The heart of soul of siouxsports.com. Just thought I'd give the full meal deal as the Oshie' commitment to the University of North Dakota.

Forgot to mention "the source" and "thetriouxper" are #1 Fighting Sioux fans. I can't believe their dedication to this team.

Chix wings, cold malts and hours upon hours of the program is second to none. These guys are TRUE FIGHTING SIOUX fans.

The damage I've done to my body I fear is irrepairable. Oh well, you only go around one time. Now back to serious off season training training.

The damage I've done to my body I fear is irrepairable. Oh well, you only go around one time. Now back to serious off season training training.

I am with these guys oshie is a good person... he will stay, this thread was basically a waste of time, hopefully some people learned a litle of the quality oshie offers to und...

uh yeah, i think we are ALL joking with "the source" be TJ, having some fun during the off season for sure............

Yes, however, the source remains very passionate about this team. It's all serious business with him. I have seen the fury unleashed by him when things go awry. I know it's the off season, we need to relax a little, but not too much, championships are won with work done in the off season. :D Now hand me a beer and a plate of wings, it's time to get after it.