SiouxSports.com Forum

COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS @ UND

UND85

In reading other hockey threads on uscho.com it really hit me the other day. We, the UND fans, alum, former players, really have a lot to be thankful for. Our number of championship titles,beautiful place to watch our home games, numerous ncaa tourney games played in year after year are just a few of the thoughts I have. I read about teams that made the the tourney and wanted to win just one game this year.

Let's make a list of what we have and once again give thanks for it.

okay, I'll add one. We do have the most knowledgeable fans of any in the country. I am amazed at the facts some of you know. I learn so much from you all. I am also so impressed by the websites some of you have made. The one by the person in Arizona is great! I am thankful for forums like this one. I have read like I said other threads from other schools and it's a joke at what they talk about or know. Thank you Sioux Fans!

okay, I'll add one. We do have the most knowledgeable fans of any in the country. I am amazed at the facts some of you know. I learn so much from you all. I am also so impressed by the websites some of you have made. The one by the person in Arizona is great! I am thankful for forums like this one. I have read like I said other threads from other schools and it's a joke at what they talk about or know. Thank you Sioux Fans!

Careful you don't hurt your shoulders... :lol:

We have the fans that travel the best!! (We ran into Sioux fans everywhere we went in St. Louis, it was GREAT!!!) We also have the best "purchasers" (or so it seems). . . . . . most stores/shops sold out of their Sioux stuff by the end of the tourney!! Thank you SIOUX FANS!!!!

Let's make a list of what we have and once again give thanks for it.

I am thankful for the very sturdy oaken gang planks on the good ship North Dakota Hockey because, without them, the many here with shakey faith who have stepped out to the end of those planks in mid-season choppy seas, boldly forecasting the end, would no longer be with us. Then, we would no longer have them around to most likely again cry wolf in future seasons when Hak and staff are melding new young teams for late season championship runs.

I am thankful for the strong gang planks on the good ship North Dakota Hockey, and I am thankful for all of the regularly returning gang plankers who routinely prove themselves forever entertaining with their lack of wisdom, faith, courage, foresight, and knowledge. Fighting Sioux attributes all.

Looks like the mascot with the big Zero on it's chest (how appropriate) is smoking a cigarette so I'm not even going to ask what transpired. :lol:

As "role models" for other mascots, I certainly hope that it was "safe"!!! I also hope someone talks to Goldie and tells him/her that smoking is NOT something UMtc wants the public to see a "role model" doing in public, let alone on film. Who does he/she think he/she is, Paris Hilton?? :D

Also thankful for the great humor the Sioux fans have. That is great with those mascots! Also thankful for the great respect we get from real hockey fans. Many times while I was at the Final 5 in St. Paul many came up to me and said that they thought ND fans were great. Heard it again while in St. Louis from Maine and Michigan State fans. Many Maine people also went on to say how wonderful our fans were a couple of years ago while we were out there to play the Black Bears. Keep it up Sioux Fans...many are watching. :lol:

I am thankful for the very sturdy oaken gang planks on the good ship North Dakota Hockey because, without them, the many here with shakey faith who have stepped out to the end of those planks in mid-season choppy seas, boldly forecasting the end, would no longer be with us. Then, we would no longer have them around to most likely again cry wolf in future seasons when Hak and staff are melding new young teams for late season championship runs.

I am thankful for the strong gang planks on the good ship North Dakota Hockey, and I am thankful for all of the regularly returning gang plankers who routinely prove themselves forever entertaining with their lack of wisdom, faith, courage, foresight, and knowledge. Fighting Sioux attributes all.

Very Very nice.

Kudos. :lol:

Blessings:

First and foremost, we're blessed by the way our team and coaching staff represents the University. They are great ambassadors, and its been that way for a long time. (I've talked to several Maine fans who get very emotional thinking about when UND donated the Walsh jerseys.)

Second, related to the first, if you're a Sioux, there's no such thing as a meaningless game. Every time they put on the jersey, they play with pride, the first game of the season, to the rare 3rd place game, to the Frozen Four. I love that, and it does distinguish UND from certain other schools.

Third, related to the first two, the players are aware of the tradition, and respect it. For those of us that have been fans for 30+ years, us old guys, its really refreshing to see the "old-fashioned" values of respecting your elders. There's reasons Hrkac called Duncan to say congrats on the Hobey, and that's a credit to how aware Ryan is of the tradition.

Fourth, I love the fan loyalty. Go to a Sioux game anywhere and I'll guarantee someone else is there wearing a Sioux jersey. Sometimes (Mankato, Denver pre-'03), the visiting fans can get to be as loud as the homies.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I'll stop now.

Blessings:

First and foremost, we're blessed by the way our team and coaching staff represents the University. They are great ambassadors, and its been that way for a long time. (I've talked to several Maine fans who get very emotional thinking about when UND donated the Walsh jerseys.)

Second, related to the first, if you're a Sioux, there's no such thing as a meaningless game. Every time they put on the jersey, they play with pride, the first game of the season, to the rare 3rd place game, to the Frozen Four. I love that, and it does distinguish UND from certain other schools.

Third, related to the first two, the players are aware of the tradition, and respect it. For those of us that have been fans for 30+ years, us old guys, its really refreshing to see the "old-fashioned" values of respecting your elders. There's reasons Hrkac called Duncan to say congrats on the Hobey, and that's a credit to how aware Ryan is of the tradition.

Fourth, I love the fan loyalty. Go to a Sioux game anywhere and I'll guarantee someone else is there wearing a Sioux jersey. Sometimes (Mankato, Denver pre-'03), the visiting fans can get to be as loud as the homies.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I'll stop now.

Amen, Brother.

Also thankful for the great humor the Sioux fans have. That is great with those mascots! Also thankful for the great respect we get from real hockey fans. Many times while I was at the Final 5 in St. Paul many came up to me and said that they thought ND fans were great. Heard it again while in St. Louis from Maine and Michigan State fans. Many Maine people also went on to say how wonderful our fans were a couple of years ago while we were out there to play the Black Bears. Keep it up Sioux Fans...many are watching. :lol:

Yes Norte Dame fans are great.

Yes Norte Dame fans are great.

Wow, I hate to impugn the intelligence of a first-time poster, but surely you must realize that you're on a North Dakota message board? Even if you didn't, the fact that you're posting in a hockey forum suggests that you should know that Norte [sic] Dame isn't even in the WCHA, so wouldn't have been at the Final 5. Therefore, your guessed expansion of the acronym ND looks kind of silly.

Sigh.

Anyway, welcome to SiouxSports.com; we hope you enjoy your stay.