SiouxSports.com Forum

Couple questions

Fetch

I did not watch the Final game of the Frozen Four :ohmy:

- Was Michigan one of those teams that play the trap ?

& what was Porter's final # for consecutive games played ? & do you think it will be broken anytime soon ? (seems like a record that could stand awhile)

I did not watch the Final game of the Frozen Four :ohmy:

- Was Michigan one of those teams that play the trap ?

& what was Porter's final # for consecutive games played ? & do you think it will be broken anytime soon ? (seems like a record that could stand awhile)

I don't think Michigan played the trap in that game. I don't think they played much of any kind of defense at all. For that matter, neither did we for the first two periods.

He's actually talking about MSU (I think), in reference to the Nat Championship game.

I'm not sure if they played the trap or not, being in the same boat as Fetch. I did not watch the game.

I would have to say that for about 56 minutes it was a pretty boring game.

I would have to say that for about 56 minutes it was a pretty boring game.

Yes, Michigan State played the trap. And yes, it was a boring game for about 56 minutes, but those last few were pretty fun especially with the "sit down between periods" BC fans behind us......I still laugh when I think that I turned around after the empty netter and they were gone.

Yes, Michigan State played the trap. And yes, it was a boring game for about 56 minutes, but those last few were pretty fun especially with the "sit down between periods" BC fans behind us......I still laugh when I think that I turned around after the empty netter and they were gone.

Seems that B.C. fans are a lot like Goofer fans. :ohmy:

Actually, I didn't think it was all that boring, compared to WI the year before. MSU laid some pretty licks on the BC players at times, something the refs wouldn't let the Sioux do on Thursday. I will admit that the last few minutes were the best. Absolutely no love in the arena for BC that night.

Actually, I didn't think it was all that boring, compared to WI the year before. MSU laid some pretty licks on the BC players at times, something the refs wouldn't let the Sioux do on Thursday. I will admit that the last few minutes were the best. Absolutely no love in the arena for BC that night.

I agree on pretty much all you just said. It was actually a pretty good game, and MSU played a style I would have like to see UND play (or be able to play) in the semifinal. MSU was down for half the game and couldn't afford to trap BC. They worked their tails off.