SiouxSports.com Forum

The Kiss of Death?

Goon

I think someone is trying to give UND the Kiss of Death. I think it's way too soon to start this already.

No. 1 North Dakota

College Hockey News

Hobey Baker winner Ryan Duncan, 2005 first-round pick T.J. Oshie, and second round pick Taylor Chorney all plan on staying for their Junior seasons. While the future of the second overall pick in the 2006 NHL draft Jonathan Toews is uncertain, the Fighting Sioux should return all six defensemen, which would help goaltender Phillipe Lamoureux who had a solid season. Overall the Sioux lose two seniors (Chris Porter, Erik Fabian). With a solid recruiting class coming in, the Fighting Sioux will be among one of the elite teams once again in the country. Head coach Dave Hakstol will probably have the most talent he has ever had in his fourth season at the helm.

Head coach Dave Hakstol will probably have the most talent he has ever had in his fourth season at the helm.

Especially when one takes into consideration the off-season and dry-land training Triouxper's commited himself to. :silly:

I'm just STAGGERED that they couldn't fit Denver into the top 15. DU has a load of returning talent, including notably proven goaltending. I would have DU as a top 5 team in 2008.

... and if Cory Schneider returns, BC instantly becomes the prohibitive national favorite.

I agree with their top 4, but after that, I'd be disagreeing.

I'm just STAGGERED that they couldn't fit Denver into the top 15. DU has a load of returning talent, including notably proven goaltending. I would have DU as a top 5 team in 2008.

... and if Cory Schneider returns, BC instantly becomes the prohibitive national favorite.

I agree with their top 4, but after that, I'd be disagreeing.

i disagree with top5...top10? yes

EDIT: i think DU will be tough again...i would put them in top 10, but i would not be surprised if they miss playoffs again.

Lats year they Wisconsin ranked first.......that worked out well for them :silly:

I actually think UW is being underrated and UM overrated. I think Turris and McDunough will make a big impact for Bucky. If Goligoski leaves, the Gopher blueline is a big ?

This Sioux are ranked just about right. :D