SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Foundation to announce major gift

WiSioux

i hear they are giving bunning a new house and boat

I posted under another thread. This may be the gift from B John Barry. I think the plan would be to name the College of Business after him and it would be in teh $25 million range. Won't be for athletics. This is the only one I could think of.

Anyone know if they had the announcement yet?

I posted under another thread. This may be the gift from B John Barry. I think the plan would be to name the College of Business after him and it would be in teh $25 million range. Won't be for athletics. This is the only one I could think of.

Anyone know if they had the announcement yet?

I was told he is in Phoenix today so that would make it less likely he is the donor.

I was told he is in Phoenix today so that would make it less likely he is the donor.

KNOX radio announced a $5 million endowment gift from Louise Ferguson estate to be used for scholorships (40/year).

Education Briefs

Student receives scholarship

Jacob Larson, of International Falls, received the Presidential Scholarship from the University of North Dakota for 2007-2008 academic year.

Larson is the son of Roland and Shirley Larson. After graduating from Falls High School, he plans to attend UND in the fall.

The Presidential scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who rank among the top half of one percent of entering college students in the nation, based on high school performance and aptitude test results. The scholarship is funded mostly by the UND Alumni Association and Foundation.

Looks like the Ferguson endowment is already paying dividends.