SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

No doubt about it, I'd love to see Jonny back again next year (I know - shocking!), but most of all wherever he is next year, I wish him boatloads of succcess. I will be rooting for him wherever he plays, as long as he plays. He's part of the Sioux family now, and once a Sioux, always a Sioux. I'm just damned glad he decided to come to UND in the first place.

Well said.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading about Brian leaving and signing brought some questions to mind. I don't understand how contract offers work when a player is still a student. I apologize up front for my ignorance.

How does it work? I thought students couldn't have agents or be approached while they're still amateurs? The team that selected the player can make offers to the player to entice him out of school and into the professionals? Can a student who is considered a free agent be approached with offers?

I don't know how or if it does affect their amateur standing. I seem to remember talk about this a few years ago but forgot how this works.

*No, not my mind, well, maybe that too, a little bit*

Reading about Brian leaving and signing brought some questions to mind. I don't understand how contract offers work when a player is still a student. I apologize up front for my ignorance.

How does it work? I thought students couldn't have agents or be approached while they're still amateurs? The team that selected the player can make offers to the player to entice him out of school and into the professionals? Can a student who is considered a free agent be approached with offers?

I don't know how or if it does affect their amateur standing. I seem to remember talk about this a few years ago but forgot how this works.

you can have talks with the team that drafted you, or as a free agent it would be anyone as your rights are not owned.

They don't have agents... they have "family advisors"

My friend just saw Toews at the Civic centre in Winnipeg watching the Western Canadian Bantam Championship game, My friend said he was there helping out the scouts, but he forgot to ask him if he's made up his mind or not...

uh yeah, i highly doubt jon will be telling your friend if hes satying or leaving....just a hunch...

Maybe a virtual game. Let's say I am deal a three, six, eight, and ten of Diamonds, a King of Hearts. and a six of Spades.

I'll bid two, unless we are playing with partners. Then, I'll look across the table at my partner Dagies and calmly outbid the

two bid made in the chair before me. "Three," I'll announce, knowing that, as a partner, he is always good for at least a point.

Hey, why not the Smear Line for our lunch bucket guys next year? Or not.

I like the Smear Line for that!

That's what I was thinking. :D

Why do you need to know what I already told you all, JT will come back! For God, Country and the Queen. I am in communication with a higher source, that is not of this world. He told me that he wanted OSH to stay three years. So he said, and his will be done. I got a good feeling on this one. I can see number 8 in my dream's. I also saw a 13-14 pound walleye on the end of my line off the the shores of DL, in the same dream. FYI I am 11 for 12 with my source. The only one I was wrong on, was the Pope I went with the wrong horse on that one, I went with the Italian guy from the Tuscany region of Italy. Like I said 90-10 he stays

Hockey Buzz

All quiet with the Toews situation, most think he is 99% to sign with the Hawks soon. I find it somewhat concerning that his 2 close friends and linemates have not signed with anyone yet either. The other North Dakota boys Oshie and Duncan are still not signed to play NHL hockey in the fall. Oshie has been drafted by the Blues, but hasn't signed a contract yet. Most likely the undrafted Duncan will stay a Fighting Sioux for at least another year. If Oshie also stays will that put any pressure on Toews? Maybe the boys will want to have another attempt at the NCAA Championship. I am still hopeful Toews will be here, but my odds of this happening are more like 75%.

I honestly don't think some of these NHL Bloggers have a clue at all they just write whatever they want and their adoring fans just gobble it right up, while I think JT is gone, apparently they dont' think much of the announcements for Oshie and Ducan.

I honestly don't think these NHL Bloggers have a clue, while I think JT is gone, apparently they dont' think much of the announcements for Oshie and Ducan.

This guy doesn't even know about Oshie and Duncan saying they'll be back, so his insight isn't really that valuable.

This guy doesn't even know about Oshie and Duncan saying they'll be back, so his insight isn't really that valuable.

I posted a reply pretty much telling him that. The Blues Blogger is just about as clueless as this guy.

Apparenlty if you work at a Radio station in St Louis that makes you more knowledgeable than SiouxSports.com posters

Funny since many of us actually live here and this guys claim to fame was watching the Frozen Four and seeing the WJC tourney.

I posted a reply pretty much telling him that. The Blues Blogger is just about as clueless as this guy.

Apparenlty if you work at a Radio station in St Louis that makes you more knowledgeable than SiouxSports.com posters

Funny since many of us actually live here and this guys claim to fame was watching the Frozen Four and seeing the WJC tourney.

.............yeah, but you're an expert. Right?

damn right, we all are :):angry:

Leave it to Dean to go around policing the board. :D:silly: From reading the Blogs it sounds as if they are reading the area message board fodder from St. Louis and Chicago but seems like they aren't talking the right people.

I'm an expert on everything from Jonathon Toews' future to thermodynamics to cheese.

You know I think you are right, I was thinking about this, some of us live in Grand Forks, we know people that know people that talk to the people that know the people we are talking about. I think that would put us more in the know that some random person in Chicago or St Louis. Actually a few of the people that were talking about information last summer turned out to be more accurate than the pundents.

You know I think you are right, I was thinking about this, some of us live in Grand Forks, we know people that know people that talk to the people that know the people we are talking about. I think that would put us more in the know that some random person in Chicago or St Louis. Actually a few of the people that were talking about information last summer turned out to be more accurate than the pundents.

I know what you mean. I talked to a guy last night who talked to a guy who seen a guy talking to Duncan and Fabian. They say Toews is 50/50 on staying here.

BTW, who isn't better than the Vikings.

I know what you mean. I talked to a guy last night who talked to a guy who seen a guy talking to Duncan and Fabian. They say Toews is 50/50 on staying here.

BTW, who isn't better than the Vikings.

The Vikings suck and I would accept another year of them sucking if it meant the Vikes would fire Childress, the man was a miserable failure as a coach.

although there may be someone in Chicago or St. Louis that knows something about cheese, maybe even thermodynamics, not that they could hold a candle to diggler :D