SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if I'm wrong but - doesn't he have to be offered a contract first?

Do you really think he is going to stay because he wont be offered a contract? If Lee or Toews stay it because they chose to stay. He might not get the cap like Toews, but I have to believe he has already seen an offer.

Do you really think he is going to stay because he wont be offered a contract? If Lee or Toews stay it because they chose to stay. He might not get the cap like Toews, but I have to believe he has already seen an offer.

And why do you think Lee has seen an offer?

My Grandpa could kick your....

j/k. That's our family "game". I've never met anyone else who plays it.

Holy Smokes Dagies!! Game on!! I've rarely met anyone who has ever played it either, at least down in these parts.

Perhaps your Grandpa bought my book? "Smear Your Opponent" by NorthDakotaHockey. It's long out of print, but it

did help me buy my trailer house in Landfall.

Holy Smokes Dagies!! Game on!! I've rarely met anyone who has ever played it either, at least down in these parts.

Perhaps your Grandpa bought my book? "Smear Your Opponent" by NorthDakotaHockey. It's long out of print, but it

I thought your trailer house was in Mounds View?

Good point that would be interesting to know.

I think if he hasn't at least seen some interest from the Senators he would have said he was coming back by know.

What the heck do you know? You cain't even spell. It's Sioux, not Sue. Dipstick. Go stick yourself.

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think if he hasn't at least seen some interest from the Senators he would have said he was coming back by know.

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

NorthDakotaHockey...that was a pretty harsh response to FightingSue. You're going to owe Fighting Sue an apology after Lee's gone this year...because he will most likely be leaving!

My Grandpa could kick your....

j/k. That's our family "game". I've never met anyone else who plays it.

We used to play smear all the time back when I lived in Nelson County. It was one of the best games ever. We need to revive those smear games for the off season.

We'll have to see if we play by the same rules!

I thought your trailer house was in Mounds View?

Hey, it's a trailer house. Unclear on the concept? :lol:

We used to play smear all the time back when I lived in Nelson County. It was one of the best games ever. We need to revive those smear games for the off season.

We're all coming out of the woodwork today. I guess it's the off-season. :glare:

OK, I'm just coming back after leaving the thread for a while.

We're setting up a smear league as a way of convincing Johnny! to stay. Right?

We need some way to kill the time while we wait for JT's decision!

JT's had success at every level he's ever played - except one! :D Didn't bother ZP...he had a $4 million waiting for him at the end of the rainbow...who would blame DrewS? TravisZ? - hey - the bucks were out there...even JPar bought into the minor league contract he signed up for? (How's that deal working out?) This is SOMETHING a real champ aspires too...winning at EVERY level! I say go JT! You can decide if you'll be a Sioux legend or another 2 year and DONE guy - but you need to decide what's best...

JT's had success at every level he's ever played - except one! :D Didn't bother ZP...he had a $4 million waiting for him at the end of the rainbow...who would blame DrewS? TravisZ? - hey - the bucks were out there...even JPar bought into the minor league contract he signed up for? (How's that deal working out?) This is SOMETHING a real champ aspires too...winning at EVERY level! I say go JT! You can decide if you'll be a Sioux legend or another 2 year and DONE guy - but you need to decide what's best...

jpar ended up having a good season. his stock was not going to get any higher really at the college level so he did the right thing. you have to take care of yourself first off. but you said it too. do whats best!!

OK, I'm just coming back after leaving the thread for a while.

We're setting up a smear league as a way of convincing Johnny! to stay. Right?

Maybe a virtual game. Let's say I am deal a three, six, eight, and ten of Diamonds, a King of Hearts. and a six of Spades.

I'll bid two, unless we are playing with partners. Then, I'll look across the table at my partner Dagies and calmly outbid the

two bid made in the chair before me. "Three," I'll announce, knowing that, as a partner, he is always good for at least a point.

Hey, why not the Smear Line for our lunch bucket guys next year? Or not.

NorthDakotaHockey...that was a pretty harsh response to FightingSue. You're going to owe Fighting Sue an apology after Lee's gone this year...because he will most likely be leaving!

Conventional wisdom has Lee gone. We've all known that for weeks, if not months. My sources, which are none of course because only The Source is a source with information of course, has Lee returning.

My issue with FightingSue, and it is a small one, is her denigration of the Sioux name, most likely done intentionally to raise my hackles a shade, which she succeeded in doing, only briefly.

She is likely a fan of the corn farmers to the south. Anyway, my apologies if FightingSue's name is Sue. Always a possibility.

I talked to coach hakstol last night at a soroity formal for a little bit and he seemed very positive about next season... he didn't really tell me anything news breaking and i was kinda trying to get stuff outta him but i was just excited to see him in good spirits of next year... I saw most of the team at random places too so it was a great weekend to be a sioux fan...

No doubt about it, I'd love to see Jonny back again next year (I know - shocking!), but most of all wherever he is next year, I wish him boatloads of succcess. I will be rooting for him wherever he plays, as long as he plays. He's part of the Sioux family now, and once a Sioux, always a Sioux. I'm just damned glad he decided to come to UND in the first place.