SiouxSports.com Forum

Breaking News - Denver Regional

mujack

I'm just commenting on the negativity I read on this board. If my team loses or goes through a mid season slump, I don't point fingers to other teams or their fans. It probably came down to how my team played out on the ice. Now last nights game was a hard fought close contest. End of story.

Maybe you lost 5 games in a row because your team was terrible, ever think of that you homersota fool? it should be an advantage .

It is bad enough we have to listen to you idiots at the X now we have to put up with your stupidity here on our message board

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just commenting on the negativity I read on this board. If my team loses or goes through a mid season slump, I don't point fingers to other teams or their fans. It probably came down to how my team played out on the ice. Now last nights game was a hard fought close contest. End of story.

GOOD ............ I am hoping that means this will be you last ever post here ..............!

Like others have said, the FF has to be held somewhere. Playing at the X has not been an advantage for the gophers. Before this weekend, they lost 5 straight games there. Just like playing at the ralph for you guys this year hasn't been an advantage to UND. Maybe you should go back to Minot, Dickinson or maybe even Neche!

Funny you say that while we were trying to find a place to park on Friday, Chad Hartman talked about the Xcel Energy center and how anyone that says it's not a home game for the Gophers is dislusional. Chad went on to say that the X is 7 miles away from the Gophers home ice. Personally the final five is fine where its at but just a point. I also agree with Hartman that while I like the Xcel anyone that claims its not a home game for the Gophers is really dislusional. That being said UND was 2-1 in Minnesota's home ice this season. Not too bad in my opinion.

It won't be my last post here, but I won't be back for a while until things cool down. I can't believe how crazy some people can get.

GOOD ............ I am hoping that means this will be you last ever post here ..............!

That is so true, the crap I saw this year re-afirms this we also had three of the worst Goofer fans possibly in the world, my buddies wife almost beat the crap out of them and she is a Gopher fan. I also never want to hear a Gopher fan ever lecture a Sioux fans about being a Halos again because the claims of the Gopher fans not complaining about the officating is no true, they are the biggest whinners I have ever seen. The calls in the game were bad both ways but the Gopher fans apparently think that you can't check a gopher or give them a penalty. This one clown that sat behind us is going to have an a heart attack the man bitched about everything, the reffing the fans around him, the refs again, every period intermission he was complaining to who ever about anything. I was going to ask him why he even bothered coming to the games.

God are you people such hypocrites I mean like no Sioux fans at all went over board after the Gophers loss to Holy Cross game last year right!!!!!! I mean really lets face the facts Every College team and I mean even Sioux fans want there team to win against there rivals!!!!!!! but when there team loses anger gets the best of both sides and brings out A holes on either side, that is just facts!!!!! true there are brutal Gopher fans just as there rude Sioux fans but please spare me the he said she said BS and just be a better hockey fan and drop the drama and accept that it is all about everyone giving each other some @#$^ ok people its Hockey for Christ sakes........ ;)

Gopher fans don't even travel well to their geography class.

Last night walking outside of the X, a Goph fan yelled "Have a nice long trip back to Fargo!"

Holy Crap! Get out your atlas and go get your G.E.D. ;)

I get a kick out of this. They are pretty stupid. I must say though that the "Hirsch is still crazy" that I heard one Sioux fan yell after the Gopher fans yelled "Sioux Suck!" was pretty uncalled for. I don't think you should scum the mentally ill in any context. At least the guy was not sober but he was a definite idiot. There were many more Gopher idiots.

I get a kick out of this. They are pretty stupid. I must say though that the "Hirsch is still crazy" that I heard one Sioux fan yell after the Gopher fans yelled "Sioux Suck!" was pretty uncalled for. I don't think you should scum the mentally ill in any context. At least the guy was not sober but he was a definite idiot. There were many more Gopher idiots.

I should hope so as it was basically a home game for them. Always going to have the fans who show poor sportsmanship, regardless of where the game is being played...that's just the way it is. Only thing you can do is act appropriately yourself.

If my job was to pick the site of the WCHA F5. I would pick the X every time, no exceptions...

No doubt. Its a great place to have it and the attendance shows it is quickly becoming the best college hockey event of the year. Sure there might be a lot of goph fans but not all of them are tools. We had some decent ones sitting by us all of the nights. The fans that the sconnie fans sold their tickets too weren't the best but as a whole it was an enjoyable experience. Heck the fans in the suite above us shook our hands on the way out and congratulated us on how we played. As for the fan who yelled "junior college" at us as we walked to the X, at least our players can count and they know how many men should be on the ice! ;)

If my job was to pick the site of the WCHA F5. I would pick the X every time, no exceptions...

Thank you! I would have absolutely no problem having the Final Five somewhere else but where do some of the Sioux fans on this board expect to have it. You can't have it at the Ralph, you want to have it at the Aleris (sp?) Center? If they can get ice in there by all means, lets do it! But does Grand Forks have the hotel capacity to hold everyone? This is why it's so frustrating to hear people complain about the Final Five being at the "X" all the time. Nothing would make me happier then to travel to another venue, I love roadtrips which is why I sometimes wish the Final Five would move but I don't know another location that would suit things better then the "X" and St. Paul.

And I'm not making the trip to Denver, does that make me less of a Gopher fan? (I would go but my roadtrip funds are tapped out for the year! ;) )

As I sit here, Mr. Siouxmama and I are trying to decide if we are going to go to Denver.

Take the kids out of school for a couple of days and drive. Have family in Castle Rock, so it could be a double duty trip.

Feel free to buy an extra set of tickets and pick me up in Nebraska on the way! ;)

By the way, it was great meeting everyone this weekend. I can finally put some faces

to so many of the posters I'm used to reading.

As I sit here, Mr. Siouxmama and I are trying to decide if we are going to go to Denver.

Take the kids out of school for a couple of days and drive. Have family in Castle Rock, so it could be a double duty trip.

We talked about it too. But I don't think it's going to happen. Looking towards a trip to St. Louis.

Minnesota fans do not travel well at all. You heard no end of griping when the Final Five was held in Milwaukee in 1996 and 1998. In my opinion, that is a more fun trip. Unless a game is held in Mecca (Twin Cities), they bitch. They should move the Final Five around at least between Madison/Milwaukee and St. Paul.

the problem is that the wcha could not meet it's payroll if the FF was held in Milwaukee. Take a look at the attendance, you do realize that the Saturday night game was the largest attendance ever for an indoor college hockey game. The WCHA has the most expenses of any conference, and also makes the most money. any other location can make a bid for the ff, and the WCHA would love to move it around, but it's been proven over and over, St. Paul is a guaranteed money maker, and is the greatest conference tourney ever held. Here is the facts, think about it a while:

SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - The Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) announced tonight that the 2007 Red Baron WCHA Final Five set a new all-time tournament attendance record, with 88,900 fans attending this year's tournament at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul. The number breaks the previous record of 87,579 set just last year.

Attendance records were set in four out of five games again this year, including a new all-time single-game WCHA attendance record for the second year in a row. Friday night's semifinal attendance of 19,359 initially broke the 19,306 single-game attendance record set in the championship game in 2004. But, Saturday night's championship game between Minnesota and North Dakota drew 19,463 fans, eclipsing the day-old record to become the largest crowd ever to attend a WCHA hockey game in the league's 55-year history.

The 2007 Red Baron WCHA Final Five attendance by game:

GAME ATTENDANCE PREVIOUS RECORD

Thurs., March 15 (Wisconsin vs. Michigan Tech) 16,449 16,312 (2006)

Fri., March 16 (North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State) 17,511 16,468 (2006)

Fri., March 16 (Wisconsin vs. Minnesota) 19,359 19,353 (2006)

Sat., March 17 (Wisconsin vs. St. Cloud State) 16,118 16,164 (2006)*

Sat., March 17 (Minnesota vs. North Dakota) 19,463 19,306 (2004)

*Still a record

the problem is that the wcha could not meet it's payroll if the FF was held in Milwaukee. Take a look at the attendance, you do realize that the Saturday night game was the largest attendance ever for an indoor college hockey game. The WCHA has the most expenses of any conference, and also makes the most money. any other location can make a bid for the ff, and the WCHA would love to move it around, but it's been proven over and over, St. Paul is a guaranteed money maker, and is the greatest conference tourney ever held. Here is the facts, think about it a while:

SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - The Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) announced tonight that the 2007 Red Baron WCHA Final Five set a new all-time tournament attendance record, with 88,900 fans attending this year's tournament at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul. The number breaks the previous record of 87,579 set just last year.

Attendance records were set in four out of five games again this year, including a new all-time single-game WCHA attendance record for the second year in a row. Friday night's semifinal attendance of 19,359 initially broke the 19,306 single-game attendance record set in the championship game in 2004. But, Saturday night's championship game between Minnesota and North Dakota drew 19,463 fans, eclipsing the day-old record to become the largest crowd ever to attend a WCHA hockey game in the league's 55-year history.

*Still a record

It's a logical selection for the tournament. The majority of the teams in the WCHA are relatively close to the Twin Cities, and it's the center point for the teams where it's not close. Where Sioux fans do travel well, I can't imagine having as many Sioux fans in Milwaukee than there would be in St. Paul. Same with Denver/CC. So, where the Gophers to get to basically have home-ice every year, it's because of the logistics. If the Gophers were winning it every year, than there would be a lot more argument about it.

MacPherson column: Look for the Sioux to win it all

Clear out some shelf space and plan the parade, North Dakota, because the NCAA men's hockey championship trophy is going to take up residence in Grand Forks at the end of this season.

OK, St. Cloud State fans might not be thrilled to learn that the title already has been predestined to go to the Huskies' not-so-friendly rivals to the northwest, but that's the conclusion to which this writer has arrived after two days at the Xcel Center in St. Paul.

Let's face it, we already knew a WCHA team would win the national championship. Teams from this conference have won five straight national titles and six of the last seven, after all, and no conference has more teams ranked in the top 20 teams in the country.

Why North Dakota, then? ..

Let's make this guy look prophetic.

Go Sioux!!!

If the Gophers can make them look like swish cheese the Sioux can too.

I've also seen Michigan play a few times this season at the Joe. I was at the CCHA Championship game this weekend and I was suprised at how well Sauer held up throughout the game. The previous times I seen him play he was only so-so. I say advantage to the Sioux.

MacPherson column: Look for the Sioux to win it all

Let's make this guy look prophetic.

Go Sioux!!!

That's great, but I after Friday's game I can't see how anyone could pick the Sioux over the gophers. Don't get me wrong, the gophers aren't an automatic win over the Sioux but IMO certainly outplayed the Sioux and earned the win on Saturday. They've now put together a couple or a few good games in a row, where inconsistency was a problem in the recent past. Will that return? It could, but they don't strike me as a team that's lacking in confidence. We've already seen a time in this year when they played well enough where pretty much no one could beat them, and they seem to have that groove back.

The Sioux will give them a battle, but I can't pick 'em over the gophers right now.

*Still a record

If my math is correct that's $2,645,960 in gate receipts. I don't know how much ancillary income is generated, nor expenses.