SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mavericks Saturday Night

Siouxdonyms

:lol: Not trying to give you crap (I love to link as broadly as possible and spread the college hockey love across the web). I just can't resist responding to questions on the SiouxSports.com forums about features that actually exist on SiouxSports.com, because new users are continually rolling onto the forums without an awareness of the breadth of other features.

I'm a big fan of everything USCHO (and now CHN) are trying to do, and my job would be a lot harder if they weren't doing theirs'. Visit them often. :D

Point taken.

My compliments on THIS site, which is terrific. I know its a labor of love, but I also don't say thanks! often enough. THANKS.

PS if ss.com ever passes the hat to cover costs, I'm in.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken.

My compliments on THIS site, which is terrific. I know its a labor of love, but I also don't say thanks! often enough. THANKS.

PS if ss.com ever passes the hat to cover costs, I'm in.

i wish jim would open a paypal account available to help with the amount of time and effort put into this, its the best i have seen overall...then peeps can drop a couple bucks in whenever possible...

on USCHO they say that we will be in GRR with UMN UM. What are the chances we will be in DEN? I hope we go to BOS I have a hotel already!!!

Anyone know the answer to this? I have 6 regional tickets in Denver this year and would obviously love it if the Sioux were in this regional.

Anyone know the answer to this? I have 6 regional tickets in Denver this year and would obviously love it if the Sioux were in this regional.

will have no clue until the 18th which is the selection show, it can go many different ways....

We knocked Mankato out of a team under consideration and thus hurt our PWR by sweeping. Kind of lame. Not that I am worried about getting in, but I'd like the path of least resistance to St Louis

oh well, we will end up with a 2 seed, this team is clicking on all cylinders, bring on anyone out there, especially CLARSKON OR the fake azz ND notre dame!!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but after Duncan's goal, the crowd put on a pretty good "Hobey Baker. dah. dah. dah, dah, dah" cheer. Kinda gave me goosebumps.

One other observation from Sect. 112: JT & TJ spent a lot of time with in pretty intense conversation before and after both games this weekend. Kinda like their reminding one another of what a wonderful time they're having playing this season. I can't imagine what this line would be like if everyone was still here next season! Goose-bumpy good!

The USCHO recap of tonight's game is up. Go here, scroll down to Saturday's game results and click on the recap link. I asked Troy Jutting what he thought UND's chances were the rest of the way and this is what he said:

MSU, which ends its season 13-19-6, played UND six times and went 0-5-1 against the Sioux. Mavericks coach Troy Jutting believes UND has the right personnel to go far in the playoffs.

"Any time you have three players up front the caliber of those three kids, and then you throw in the defensemen, you know they've got some skill back there," he said. "Taylor Chorney's one of the better defensemen in the country, along with Brian Lee.

"Their chances are very good," he continued. "The lines that don't score a ton for them are big and strong and do a good job defensively. And they chip in every now and then. That's the key to success."

Some random points from tonight:

Boy Anderson was really hearing it from the fans tonight. One of the better student sections I have been in. Also gotta love it when Bunning came down and told everyone to stand for the last minute. The whole arena took his advice which was very nice to see. Also loved to see Porter and Fabian get the cheers that they deserved. They mean a lot to this program. All in all it was a good game and a great sweep.

A Sioux fan may actually prefer SiouxSports.com's B-T (KRACH) rankings, which are centered on the Sioux (thus far easier to compare the Sioux to other teams at a glance), generally more up-to-date than CHN, and are easily findable without leaving the site (just click the KRACH link on the hockey front page).

I looked at it and sorted by SOS. No surprise that the WCHA is 1-10 as far as that ranking. It's a shame that mostly likely only 3 WCHA teams make it to the National Tournament. Split up the WCHA teams into the other conferences and there probably would be six or seven tournament teams in there.

It looks like Denver very well will be on the outs. They have a decent record with really a pretty good non conference record. I think I counted 8-2.

So they PWR ranking isn't very good.

BTW I didn't realize that SS had the polls here. I usually just go right to the forums. So thanks.

oh well, we will end up with a 2 seed, this team is clicking on all cylinders, bring on anyone out there, especially CLARSKON OR the fake azz ND notre dame!!

AZSIOUX, I love the sig line. Somebody should make some "Got Dot?" T-shirts for the Final Five. (With some royalties to Wooger, of course.) :lol:

Good to see the Sioux moving on in two, unlike the Goofs who will be playing tonight. I think that should mean that the Sioux get the friday night game instead of them. It just makes sense, well to me it does.

The Gophers just might pull a rabbit out the hat and win tonight ,but I would not be shocked if they lost!!!!! and then you will not have to worry about the Friday night game ,but you will have a half full excel energy center that is for sure(fickle Gopher fans will not show) so all you Sioux fans enjoy another Final Five championship ............

AZSIOUX, I love the sig line. Somebody should make some "Got Dot?" T-shirts for the Final Five. (With some royalties to Wooger, of course.) :D

:lol: yeah, i will give the wooger .00000001 % on roylties for just being the wooger :lol:

may have to make some shirts up..hmmmmmm

FRONT =

GOT DOT ? (can go with the word or the symbol)

BACK =

WE DO !

Duncan

Oshie

Toews