SiouxSports.com Forum

OTHER Conference Tourney Results/Discussion

RedFrog

Just saw that BC and New Hampshire won, while BU was defeated by Vermont.

I also noticed that the BU loss hurt us in the Pairwise w/o the bonus. Still at #6 w/ the bonus.

It's probably safe to say that this thread will end up discussing the Gophers just like nearly every damn thread on this website.

It's probably safe to say that this thread will end up discussing the Gophers just like nearly every damn thread on this website.

good job, you did it yourself, you win the award, now next time you post you dont need to talk about that team, congrats

This SiouxSports.com, you probably want to go to Gopher Puck Live is at this address: Gopher Puck Live

Nah..........if I wanted to read about the Gophers I'd go to the website you mentioned or your blog. It's irritating to come to this website and it seems that the major of the threads are discussing the Gophers.

Just saw that BC and New Hampshire won, while BU was defeated by Vermont.

I also noticed that the BU loss hurt us in the Pairwise w/o the bonus. Still at #6 w/ the bonus.

The New Hampshire win hurts our odds of getting a #1 if we can run the table, but the BU loss improves our odds of getting a #2 if we don't.

I think our odds of making it to the FF are much better if we're a #2 seed... vs a #3.

The New Hampshire win hurts our odds of getting a #1 if we can run the table, but the BU loss improves our odds of getting a #2 if we don't.

I think our odds of making it to the FF are much better if we're a #2 seed... vs a #3.

I like our chances as a number 2 or 3 seed.

im not worried about a 1 seed at all, a 2 is realistic and thats what we will get....

im not worried about a 1 seed at all, a 2 is realistic and thats what we will get....

Of course it is better to get a #1 seed knowing we won't/can't be up against a #1 seed in the first round. It is much better - stats speaking - to play the #(s) 16-13 teams than higher teams. That being said, and forget about the "anyone can beat anyone on any give night" schticht as that is old, I think that if we swept out the WCHA tourney and Final 5 and with UNH losing to a lower and some other HE losses combined with an upset in ND and others, we could be a #1 or at least the top #2 which would make a HUGE difference. My only hope is that Denver doesn't make the tourney and we get sent there or Michigan pairs up with us at their rink (as we all know how that has worked out in the past). I am not sure of the possible outcomes, but I would love for us to be a #2 AND get sent out East. Wishful thinking! ;(

My only hope is that Denver doesn't make the tourney and we get sent there or Michigan pairs up with us at their rink (as we all know how that has worked out in the past). I am not sure of the possible outcomes, but I would love for us to be a #2 AND get sent out East. Wishful thinking! ;(

I don't think it's very likely that UND will sent sent to Denver. I would be a stretch for UND to become a 1 seed, and also a strech for Denver to fall to a 4 seed. So UND stays a 2 and Denver a 3, they can not be in same region, since the NCAA will not pair conference opponents against each other in the first round. In this scenerio, UND would likely be sent east.

Actually, Denver is in danger of not making the NCAA. They need to win their playoff series this weekend, and possibly a win at the frozen five. But you are right, the chances of us getting to Denver are slim. I think MNtc goes there as the #1 seed and we get sent out east as a #2, which is ok, it is all about who you play. I agree that I don't think we have a shot at a #1 unless one of the top seeds has a major meltdown this weekend and we win out, but hey it would be sweet if it happened. Also, can someone tell me why the BU loss hurts us? I'm not that smart, sometimes I need things spelled out for me.

Actually, Denver is in danger of not making the NCAA. They need to win their playoff series this weekend, and possibly a win at the frozen five. But you are right, the chances of us getting to Denver are slim. I think MNtc goes there as the #1 seed and we get sent out east as a #2, which is ok, it is all about who you play. I agree that I don't think we have a shot at a #1 unless one of the top seeds has a major meltdown this weekend and we win out, but hey it would be sweet if it happened. Also, can someone tell me why the BU loss hurts us? I'm not that smart, sometimes I need things spelled out for me.

I thought USCHO stated that DU would hang around at 11 or 12 regardless of first round outcome?

I thought USCHO stated that DU would hang around at 11 or 12 regardless of first round outcome?

To paraphrase Dave Hakstol, until there's an official announcement of which teams are in the NCAA tournament, there are no guarantees.

Anyone can say anything.

It would be good if Dartmouth stays in the top 15 in RPI so our win in Dec gets us bonus points. Vermont is currently 16th in RPI one position behind Dartmouth and if they beat BU again they could move ahead of them. We are 7th in the RPI without the bonus, 6th with the bonus.

BC has been really hot lately, kinda in the same boat as us. That'd be interesting if we met them in the playoffs again. As of right now, the two teams playing best are us and them.

And Mankato? :)

alabama-huntsville beat niagra 5-3, which helps keep MSU-Mankato a TUC for the time being. we need nebraske-omaha to lose tonight.

Wow! First they come back from 3 goals down to win in the play-in game, and then they turn around in the afternoon game, 12 or 13 hours later, and take it to the #1 in their conference. Granted, it is the CHA, but it's still impressive. They might actually win against Robert Morris, but I don't think they'll beat Bemidji.

Ya know whats great this morning, just a little bump on my shoulder saying that we could end up in the final five without the gophers!!!! :lol: However its doubtful, but you just never know! Hell, we could still get the number one seed after this is all done and now thats just plain crazy! I love watchin hockey on sundays, specially when its not the sioux! :lol:

Not to change this to a thread about the goofs but I thought that if they get a #1 Seed they will go to Grand Rapids? It is closer than Denver. But I agree most of the seeds and locations will come down to the wire.

if what I read is correct, Grand Rapids is over 350 miles meaning that would have to fly there and once you are in the air it doesn't matter where you go. Someone correct me if I am wrong but that is what I read on uscho.com and no I don't know why they would have to fly.