SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have swore that they (PWR People) stated a few years back that they weren't putting a lot of emphasis on the 1st round of playoffs, because of top teams getting matched up against bottom teams, or teams who aren't TUC. Wouldn't it hurt them either way, win or loss? Maybe they've changed that since then.

The rule is, if your RPI drops after BEATING a team, it doesn't count against you. If you lose to a lower team and your RPI drops, then it still counts.

I could have swore that they (PWR People) stated a few years back that they weren't putting a lot of emphasis on the 1st round of playoffs, because of top teams getting matched up against bottom teams, or teams who aren't TUC. Wouldn't it hurt them either way, win or loss? Maybe they've changed that since then.

I think it can always help, but not hurt you if you're the better team. Hence, I don't think us sweeping MSUM can hurt us even though they drop from TUC status. But maybe it's only the RPI that doesn't drop.

The rule is, if your RPI drops after BEATING a team, it doesn't count against you. If you lose to a lower team and your RPI drops, then it still counts.

Thanks. I knew they came out with some rule. Obviously, if you lose to a team that low, your RPI should drop, but you shouldn't be punished because of your good league play all year long, which brings you a lower seed opponent.

The RED PEPPER just arrived - half a salami grinder with taco meat - a beef tostada and a cheese tostada....GOTTA GO!! ;)

SEEYA!!

And you call yourself a Sioux fan. Everybody knows that a true Sioux fan would never settle for anything less than a whole grinder. ;):lol:

Mafiaman I watched it, and laughed my a$$ off, if thats what your into, I don't know what to say, haha

Not what I'm into and it's no one I know. A friend of mine who spends a lot of time surfing the web e-mailed that to me several months ago.

This is the best night of my life!

2 1/2 months ago, we were no where in sight! Have to love Sioux hockey in March!

Not entirely true. Two and a half months ago, there were plenty of us who had this team firmly in sight and had not lost heart, or hope. Just like the coaches and the players. We knew then what we all know now. The college hockey season really begins in earnest in February, builds to a crescendo in March, and a lucky few play in April.

We were lucky enough to be in the arena tonight. North Dakota was dominating a solid St. Cloud club. While St. Cloud and its players supposedly had little to play for tonight, they'd best not fall into the Lucia Folly of the past year or two. Every game in March means something, no matter the opponent, no matter the stakes. Winning in March breeds winning. Losing in March brings an early end to The Ride.

North Dakota Hockey is a class organization. Hakstol. Eades. Jackson. The players. The equipment guys. The Administration. The Ralph. The fans. This is the best time of year. Enjoy it while it is here.

If you ain't got 'em yet, get your tickets to and make your reservations in St. Louis now.

Not entirely true. Two and a half months ago, there were plenty of us who had this team firmly in sight and had not lost heart, or hope. Just like the coaches and the players. We knew then what we all know now. The college hockey season really begins in earnest in February, builds to a crescendo in March, and a lucky few play in April.

We were lucky enough to be in the arena tonight. North Dakota was dominating a solid St. Cloud club. While St. Cloud and its players supposedly had little to play for tonight, they'd best not fall into the Lucia Folly of the past year or two. Every game in March means something, no matter the opponent, no matter the stakes. Winning in March breeds winning. Losing in March brings an early end to The Ride.

North Dakota Hockey is a class organization. Hakstol. Eades. Jackson. The players. The equipment guys. The Administration. The Ralph. The fans. This is the best time of year. Enjoy it while it is here.

If you ain't got 'em yet, get your tickets to and make your reservations in St. Louis now.

NDH, you never cease to amaze me. 12:24 am on a Saturday night and I'm reading the word "crescendo" on a hockey message board...

Lucia's post-game on the tube: he's NOT happy. "We WILL be working hard THIS week."

Can you imagine the pressure he'd be under if the Gophers mailed it in again this March?

You saw the headline in Friday's Strib story referencing a "swoon". He needs to avoid another poor showing in the playoffs to avoid getting a rap.