SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would somebody please condense this down to 2-3 lines and repost it so that I have time to read it :D :D :D

I can:

1) Win or lose, the Sioux are the greatest team in all of college hockey

2) Item #1 is indisputable

3) Dippin Dots are the preferred treat for little Sioux fans everywhere

taz says Go Sioux!!!!

no 5 bucks a cup for the whole nite.. I can get busch lite too. Idk if they make a schmidts keg but i can find out. I could maybe charge 5.75 and gets some old milwakees or somtin.

I am getting a headache just thinking about drinking that pee water beer.

I just looked to see if this weeks polls have been released and nothing yet. But I had a thought, any one want to guess at how many #1 votes the Goofs will get even though they were swept again? I am betting on at least 3 votes for the #1. Just a thought.

My prediction....

If the Sioux win Friday, they will have a chance for the sweep. :D

Also, the team that scores first on Friday, will be up 1-0. (pending review)

Other than that, this time of year is hard for the diehard Sioux fans...I mean, how do you think the Gofer faithful will react if Tech works'em over all weekend...the cries of Holy Cross will be echoing in their furry little ears.

Sioux will probably take 2 on Saturday after the Gofs squeak out a Friday nite tie with Tech, 0-0. :D

My prediction....

If the Sioux win Friday, they will have a chance for the sweep. :D

Also, the team that scores first on Friday, will be up 1-0. (pending review)

Other than that, this time of year is hard for the diehard Sioux fans...I mean, how do you think the Gofer faithful will react if Tech works'em over all weekend...the cries of Holy Cross will be echoing in their furry little ears.

Sioux will probably take 2 on Saturday after the Gofs squeak out a Friday nite tie with Tech, 0-0. :D

I think the Sioux will split this weekend(would love for them to sweep). Going to the game on Saturday so I hope it is a good game.

Never did figure out what was blocking the webcast on my pc, tried shutting down all spyware/av aps, but still no luck. Gave up and listened to TH.

Does anyone know how far Charter TV goes in MN? I think I'll be in Fergus Falls and I'm wondering if Charter might be on cable there?

I wish I was technically adept enough to have helped you with your troubles, but I really lack the necessary knowledge. I was fortunate enough that it just started up. Hope you enjoy FF, my hometown.

Here's the sudo-reporter analysis of the upcoming UND-SCSU series. :D

If CC and DU split and UND can sweep SCSU, the Sioux would end the season in third place. Getting home ice and avoiding the Thursday play-in game at the Final Five should be UND's two primary goals at this point.

Now, some might think that getting 4 points this weekend at St. Cloud is practically mission impossible. But I don't think so, especially if Minnesota beats Michigan Tech on Friday. The Huskies would have little to play for on Saturday if the Gophers win Friday. The past three seasons, the Sioux are 3-1-2 at St. Cloud.

SCSU's sweep of the Gophers was impressive, but the Sioux did it, too. And the Sioux did it playing both games at Mariucci and with the Gophers having a 23-10 advantage in power plays. SCSU had a 12-10 advantage in power plays against Minnesota.

Since the Christmas break, UND is 11-2-2 (.781) and SCSU is 10-3-3 (.719) -- not much difference. However, the teams UND played during that stretch have a combined winning percentage of .542 while the teams SCSU played have a winning percentage of .514. So the Sioux have compiled a better record against tougher competition. And let's not forget that the Sioux were without Toews, Chorney and Lee for two games during that time and that Lamoureux wasn't 100 percent healthy. He now has three shutouts in his last 11 games.

In the last 16 games, UND has averaged 3.69 goals per game and given up 2.06, a 1.63 average margin of victory. SCSU has averaged 3.25 goals per game and given up 2.13 for a 1.12 average margin of victory. The Sioux hold the advantage, despite playing tougher competition.

Some have said that SCSU is a much better team than when the Sioux took 3 of 4 points from the Huskies at the Ralph Nov. 3-4, but that's not true. During the first half of the season, the Huskies were averaging 3.56 goals per game and giving up 2.13 for an average margin of victory 1.43. Defensively, SCSU is the same, but offensively, they've slipped.

When the Huskies visited the Ralph, Lamoureux was injured and didn't play (Grieco played great in the backup role, however). Toews had just returned after missing three and a half games with a shoulder injury and Oshie was playing with a broken thumb. SCSU's lineup then wasn't much different than it is now.

There is a HUGE contrast between the Sioux team that played the first 18 games of the season and the team that's played the last 16. Before Christmas, UND averaged 3.00 goals per game and gave up an average of 3.17 for a -.17 margin. In the second half of the season, UND's average margin of victory has improved by +1.8 while SCSU's has dropped by -.31.

Yes, I know that you can throw all the stats out the window this weekend. SCSU is a very good team and is playing very well. I don't expect anything to come easy for the Sioux in this series. But the Sioux shouldn't go to St. Cloud thinking that the Huskies are 10 feet tall because they swept the Gophers. What happens Friday night around the WCHA could have a great impact on what happens Saturday night in St. Cloud.

This is great stuff, PCM. Thanks for the work.

Here's the sudo-reporter analysis of the upcoming UND-SCSU series. :lol:

If CC and DU split and UND can sweep SCSU, the Sioux would end the season in third place. Getting home ice and avoiding the Thursday play-in game at the Final Five should be UND's two primary goals at this point.

Now, some might think that getting 4 points this weekend at St. Cloud is practically mission impossible. But I don't think so, especially if Minnesota beats Michigan Tech on Friday. The Huskies would have little to play for on Saturday if the Gophers win Friday. The past three seasons, the Sioux are 3-1-2 at St. Cloud.

SCSU's sweep of the Gophers was impressive, but the Sioux did it, too. And the Sioux did it playing both games at Mariucci and with the Gophers having a 23-10 advantage in power plays. SCSU had a 12-10 advantage in power plays against Minnesota.

Since the Christmas break, UND is 11-2-2 (.781) and SCSU is 10-3-3 (.719) -- not much difference. However, the teams UND played during that stretch have a combined winning percentage of .542 while the teams SCSU played have a winning percentage of .514. So the Sioux have compiled a better record against tougher competition. And let's not forget that the Sioux were without Toews, Chorney and Lee for two games during that time and that Lamoureux wasn't 100 percent healthy. He now has three shutouts in his last 11 games.

In the last 16 games, UND has averaged 3.69 goals per game and given up 2.06, a 1.63 average margin of victory. SCSU has averaged 3.25 goals per game and given up 2.13 for a 1.12 average margin of victory. The Sioux hold the advantage, despite playing tougher competition.

Some have said that SCSU is a much better team than when the Sioux took 3 of 4 points from the Huskies at the Ralph Nov. 3-4, but that's not true. During the first half of the season, the Huskies were averaging 3.56 goals per game and giving up 2.13 for an average margin of victory 1.43. Defensively, SCSU is the same, but offensively, they've slipped.

When the Huskies visited the Ralph, Lamoureux was injured and didn't play (Grieco played great in the backup role, however). Toews had just returned after missing three and a half games with a shoulder injury and Oshie was playing with a broken thumb. SCSU's lineup then wasn't much different than it is now.

There is a HUGE contrast between the Sioux team that played the first 18 games of the season and the team that's played the last 16. Before Christmas, UND averaged 3.00 goals per game and gave up an average of 3.17 for a -.17 margin. In the second half of the season, UND's average margin of victory has improved by +1.8 while SCSU's has dropped by -.31.

Yes, I know that you can throw all the stats out the window this weekend. SCSU is a very good team and is playing very well. I don't expect anything to come easy for the Sioux in this series. But the Sioux shouldn't go to St. Cloud thinking that the Huskies are 10 feet tall because they swept the Gophers. What happens Friday night around the WCHA could have a great impact on what happens Saturday night in St. Cloud.

Good analysis. :D But now my eyes sudo-hurt. :D :D

I just looked to see if this weeks polls have been released and nothing yet. But I had a thought, any one want to guess at how many #1 votes the Goofs will get even though they were swept again? I am betting on at least 3 votes for the #1. Just a thought.

in the old days, there were always votes for the ugliest couple to be homecoming king and queen too....

i think we split this weekend and end up right where we're at and that's 4th place. I hope we get the opportunity to play tech to get some TUC wins. that will help us. I don't want to play msu because they need to keep winning and if they play us they won't. and I don't want any part of wisconsin, they seem to give us fits.

i think we split this weekend and end up right where we're at and that's 4th place. I hope we get the opportunity to play tech to get some TUC wins. that will help us. I don't want to play msu because they need to keep winning and if they play us they won't. and I don't want any part of wisconsin, they seem to give us fits.

If there's a year where a team could finish 4th in the WCHA and AVOID the play-in game at the Final Five, this could be it. There seems enough strength in the lower teams that an upset of a home team is a distinct possibility. Obviously this assumes UND even makes it as they could be a victim as well as any other. Certainly I'm no fan of playing Mankato again this year.

As I thought the Goofs still got 3 votes for #1 in one poll and 4 votes in the other. UND stay the same and Denver moved up to #6. Someone, anyone explain this crap to me.(I know, no one here on SS.com cares about the polls, but there is something wrong with this.)

As I thought the Goofs still got 3 votes for #1 in one poll and 4 votes in the other. UND stay the same and Denver moved up to #6. Someone, anyone explain this crap to me.(I know, no one here on SS.com cares about the polls, but there is something wrong with this.)

The pot they smoke comes out of minnesota