SiouxSports.com Forum

Chopper

dallassiouxfan

Talked with Andy last night, it might be available for bidders in the near future ;)

I hope that's just a rumor, I had just commented to my family, that if we didn't win, at least a huge Sioux fan should. Go ahead and put it up for auction, but donate the proceeds to a good cause.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that a well-known Grand Forks businessman had (before the drawing) offered well into six figures to whoever won the chopper! ;)

I heard the Rydell's offered $100,000 before the raffle took place. My dad said that whoever won it would have to pay roughly $15,000 in taxes on the bike.

I guess that tillman is talking to eddy the eagle belfore about buying it. Why does everyone want to pay 100 g;s for it when they could jsut go to a custom bike shop and have on duplicated or probably even better. Ive seen a lot of custom bike paint jobs better then this one. Also, the motor is kind of small of a custom bike to. the bike is still pretty sweet lookin tho. Prolly will never see the pavement.

Taxes on prizes equal about 1/3 of the value of the prize, so $15K on $45K seems right on.

He will get the bike in a couple weeks after some work is done and a couple last minute tuneups to make sure the bike is running properly. And the taxes will be around 8K.

As far as donating money for a cause, and if i was in his shoes, that good cause would be my student loans. If your a bike person, cool! But if your not, like im betting 1/4 of the tickets sold, were to win it and probably auction it off/sell it at some point and time. Id want to hold onto it for a little while if I could, but heck, 8K isnt just chump change(but maybe for him it is ;) )

Id probably be looking for bidders right away! ;)

I said to many of my friends that if I won, I would resell it (My brother had a terrible bike accident and I vowed to never ride a motorcycle). With my first payment being my school, and any profit from their going straight to a local charity.

Its one thing if your a doctor or something where money is growing on trees but anything other than that the local charity is my bank account. ;)