SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Sioux vs UMD Bulldogs

proudsioux

Sioux-cia: Just do what everyone else does: Blame it all on Finley and Lee. :ohmy:

Farce: I really like your post, however, I would love to know more about the Kaip line. Kaip scored the first goal last night and both Kaip and Fabian seem to be two of the few (Vandevelde, Oshie, and sometimes Porter and Toews) who consistently are not afraid to rush the net.

As for UMD, I agree. I'm just stunned that the two goaltenders I thought would become dominant (Frazee and Stalock) have not had the best start to their college careers. Sure, Stalock is only a freshman and could improve (I would say will, but I said that about Frazee last year). Simply stunning to me.

Niskanen is an EXTREMELY good defenseman. Raymond is excellent and Sharp is underrated. Aikens is the only Bulldog I'm not a fan of.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux-cia: Just do what everyone else does: Blame it all on Finley and Lee. :ohmy:

Farce: I really like your post, however, I would love to know more about the Kaip line. Kaip scored the first goal last night and both Kaip and Fabian seem to be two of the few (Vandevelde, Oshie, and sometimes Porter and Toews) who consistently are not afraid to rush the net.

As for UMD, I agree. I'm just stunned that the two goaltenders I thought would become dominant (Frazee and Stalock) have not had the best start to their college careers. Sure, Stalock is only a freshman and could improve (I would say will, but I said that about Frazee last year). Simply stunning to me.

Niskanen is an EXTREMELY good defenseman. Raymond is excellent and Sharp is underrated. Aikens is the only Bulldog I'm not a fan of.

Hey RW, I just didn't think 10-17-21 were consistently good, especially compared to how well they've played the last 6 weeks. I agree that Kaip and Fabian aren't afraid to crash the net, and that's how they got the goal (plus Bina got the puck through a lot of traffic to Johnson). They spent much of the night out there against the Raymond line, and that may be much of the explanation, as that line was clearly UMD's best.

Hey RW, I just didn't think 10-17-21 were consistently good, especially compared to how well they've played the last 6 weeks. I agree that Kaip and Fabian aren't afraid to crash the net, and that's how they got the goal (plus Bina got the puck through a lot of traffic to Johnson). They spent much of the night out there against the Raymond line, and that may be much of the explanation, as that line was clearly UMD's best.

Lee had a great game last night! :D???

side note, lee did give the puck up again in front of phil. all d men cannot do that.

phil was solid, again, tonight we win 6-3

side note, lee did give the puck up again in front of phil. all d men cannot do that.

phil was solid, again, tonight we win 6-3

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was Chorney who mistakenly tossed the puck out of the corner and it went right throught Phil's crease in the 1st or 2nd period, not Lee. The problems Lee had were with handling the puck, and that could very well been because of the poor ice conditions. I saw the puck bouncing all over the place last night.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was Chorney who mistakenly tossed the puck out of the corner and it went right throught Phil's crease in the 1st or 2nd period, not Lee. The problems Lee had were with handling the puck, and that could very well been because of the poor ice conditions. I saw the puck bouncing all over the place last night.

will check it out, could care less who it is, just dont do it in front of your own net

I think Hak called out Lee and Genoway in the paper. Is that good enough for you?

Just dandy.

If you recall, though, I'm a fan of Lee's. Just one that is so overwhelmingly tired of all the Lee-bashing that it's become almost a mantra for me. I don't know why. I won't do it any longer.

Just dandy.

If you recall, though, I'm a fan of Lee's. Just one that is so overwhelmingly tired of all the Lee-bashing that it's become almost a mantra for me. I don't know why. I won't do it any longer.

I'm a Lee fan too, and it seems to me he's been playing better.

You must not be there live, or your glasses are foggy ;)

Only saw a couple of games in person and he only played in one. I've seen a handful on the tube. I agree he's got a ways to go, and that he hasn't played as well as we hoped/he could but that doesn't mean I can't be a fan.

The ice has been mentioned more than once but it certainly appeared to be ice conditions favorable to defensive hockey. The DOT line had at least two sure PP goals eliminated by a bouncing puck.

Ice seemed to be similar to the way it was back in the past after basketball had been played on it just prior to the weekend hockey series.

It would seem the power outage was the likely cause of this weekend's conditions. Hope the REA will have one more chance to host a series in the playoffs.

Lee's play at the blue line led to Duncan's goal Saturday night. Lee made an great play to keep the puck in the zone and good pass to Oshie, who fed Duncan.

And lammy saved his arse twice this weekend on lee turnovers, thank god, because who knows what momentum could have done to the bulldogs if those went in the net.

And lammy saved his arse twice this weekend on lee turnovers, thank god, because who knows what momentum could have done to the bulldogs if those went in the net.

The best U20 D in the world turned the puck over that led to a breakaway Friday in CC. All D will turn the puck over/make a bad pass in the course of a 60 minute game.

If blogs were around in the stone ages, some of you would have been nit picking James Patrick, Howard Walker, Ian Kidd, etc.

It's really too bad that Hak isn't as smart as the Lee / Finley bashers we have around here. If he was that smart just think how much better we would be. ;) ;)