SiouxSports.com Forum

Question about the Ralph

siouxjoy

Not sure this helps but the beer guys also sells Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Or you could do it the old fashioned way and leave your empty miniatures in the stalls in the bathroom. (Common sight in the old Englestad.)

Yep, sneek your favorite booze in and just order coke to mix.

Man we were stuipid in college.

We've been Coaches Club season ticket owners since the Ralph opened. There used to be pre-game social prior to the game, but now anyone can walk in and no card is required. We are there before each game and have never been asked to show our Fighting Sioux Club cards. But, hey, we still get our parking passes...

isnt it great...pay $1100 to park!

And a great donation to Fighting Sioux athletics.

Although I don't know if any of it is tax deductable.

The amount that is tax deductible varies from level to level. Anything that you receive with a monetary value is subtracted from the deductible amount. If you get a book or parking pass, that probably has a value. If you get an invitation to a social or a listing at a specific giving level, no monetary value. It is usually best left to a tax account to figure out the actual deductions (I am not an accountant).

And a great donation to Fighting Sioux athletics.

Although I don't know if any of it is tax deductable.

Still the fact is, you pick the coaches club as an option when the REA opens, the first couple years go well then all of a sudden your benefits are ripped out from under you. And there is no price change whatsoever. I agree with paying for sioux athletics, to an extent, but common now keep your side of the deal! I think for what the benefits that are available now, Id still fork over about $700. But who really knows where that money is going!? :D

Still the fact is, you pick the coaches club as an option when the REA opens, the first couple years go well then all of a sudden your benefits are ripped out from under you. And there is no price change whatsoever. I agree with paying for sioux athletics, to an extent, but common now keep your side of the deal! I think for what the benefits that are available now, Id still fork over about $700. But who really knows where that money is going!? :D

A portion of the donation is tax deductible. I forgot how much.

Not sure this helps but the beer guys also sells Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Or you could do it the old fashioned way and leave your empty miniatures in the stalls in the bathroom. (Common sight in the old Englestad.)

I will not be at the games this weekend, so there shouldn't be a shortage of Mike's.

It's pretty simple economics to where the money is going, $700 does not buy as much as it did even 5 years ago. Give a basic rate of inflation of 4% per year (for my calculations I will use 3% to keep price increases at a more believable level). $700 x 3% = $21 per year or over 5 years of $105 for a new adjusted FSC membership rate of $805, or I will be generous again and give a $5 discount for a new total of $800 per year.

It is not only simple inflation that is forcing these benefits to be cut, but also other factors that are going on with in the university. First, as we all know the move to DI is not going to be a cheap endeavor, so money is going to have to come from all levels: alumni, students, fans, etc. Also transportation costs, as well all know, have risen in an unpredictable level in the past two years and you can not just teleport athletes to competition to save money. Also scholarships are a large part of the budget and the cost to attend the University is expanding beyond the cost of inflation due to what I think are several factors 1. energy costs, 2. decreased funding from the state, and 3. an inefficient state university system (this goes beyond North Dakota, but all over the USA, which is why you are seeing a growing participation in private Community Colleges all over the country).

The powers that be at the FSC know that drastic increases of FSC membership costs will cause 1.outrage and 2. a reduced membership (I don't think there is a large enough market to turn over these costs to new members that want to join now but can not due to lack of supply). Also when the new Ralph opened, it brought several new members to the FSC, which in turned caused an increase in money that was not there before, thus they were more willing to spend it on things like socials, but now that money is expected and needed in other places. Finally, socials and other events like this are not cheap to run, the cost of planning, beverages, food, cleanup, staff, and other costs increase every year.

So in the end I can see why things are taken away, and I understand why FSC members may be angry about it, because $1,000, $700, or even $500 is not small chunk of change to not want to get something of value for. But in the end, it is a 'donation' and I feel it should be treated as such.