SiouxSports.com Forum

Question about the Ralph

siouxjoy

I am thinking this is probably the best place to ask this:

I have a bunch of people coming to Grand Forks this weekend, and we are all going to the hockey game on Saturday night. One of the members of the group isn't a beer drinker. Is there a way to get mixed drinks at the game (not in the suites)?

I have had season tickets for many years now, but only drink beer if imbibing. Just trying to be a good host! :D

I'm going to take this in another direction, hope that's ok. It's still a question about the Ralph.

Just heard on the radio here in Mpls that there is a fairly large power outage up in Grand Forks, and they specifically mentioned some concern about saving the ice for this weekend's games.

Any updates? I'm glad I was up for last weekend's games if there's going to be a problem.

I'm going to take this in another direction, hope that's ok. It's still a question about the Ralph.

Just heard on the radio here in Mpls that there is a fairly large power outage up in Grand Forks, and they specifically mentioned some concern about saving the ice for this weekend's games.

Any updates? I'm glad I was up for last weekend's games if there's going to be a problem.

I guess conserving energy through tomorrow is very important but beyond that I have no idea what will happen. I think it'll be fine by then.. The computer is the only thing I have on right now, unless it starts to flicker :D

The e-mail UND sent out this morning didn't mention Engelstad Arena as being affected by the power outage. That doesn't mean it wasn't, but I think it would have been mentioned.

Besides that, the power came back on around 11 a.m.

The e-mail UND sent out this morning didn't mention Engelstad Arena as being affected by the power outage. That doesn't mean it wasn't, but I think it would have been mentioned.

Besides that, the power came back on around 11 a.m.

It did affect the REA and there was some concern about the ice being lost since it takes 24-48 hours for the ice to set.

Channel 4 news at noon today was talking about the power outage in forks and how it affected 6,900 customers (give or take) and they also mentioned the Ralph and the concern because of the upcoming home series this weekend. Now this is as of noon today, not sure of the status now or if it has changed.

Channel 4 news at noon today was talking about the power outage in forks and how it affected 6,900 customers (give or take) and they also mentioned the Ralph and the concern because of the upcoming home series this weekend. Now this is as of noon today, not sure of the status now or if it has changed.

Don't they have a couple of big diesel generators just for this purpose? They do in TRF and I am reasonably certain that the ice plant is part of what is backed up there.

just posted by brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

A power outage at Engelstad Arena displaced the Sioux on Wednesday and nearly ruined the ice at the arena.

The Sioux practiced in a chilly Gambucci Arena, where heat was lost. And at Ralph Engelstad Arena, work was done to save the ice, Denny Gunderson said. Ice rentals are not being allowed at REA tonight, but the rink should be fine for this weekend's series with Minnesota-Duluth.

The team still managed its weekly meeting with local media at Gambucci Arena. Notes of interest that came out of it:

Forward Ryan Martens practiced for the second straight day with the no-hit jersey. He is doubtful for the weekend, though.

Goalie Anthony Grieco also practiced and is questionable.

Scott Foyt, who played defenseman last weekend, will likely play wing on the fourth line Friday night.

I have had to show my Fighting Sioux Club card each time I've tried to get into either bar.

Umm huh? which side are you going in(theres two entrances at each lounge)? One side is to get to the club seating and the other side is just to get into the bar. Normally the 'organ bar' use to be private before the first period for pregame socials...but that no longer exists..ripoff! So now you can walk into each bar whenever you want at any point and time. I go in before every game and in between periods(sometimes) and the only thing I show is my arm band for being 21. You do not need any tickets to get into either lounge, just an arm band as long as you are under 35( must be if you look under 35, dont ask me :D )

I believe it's gone to:

Pre-game: must be FSC member

During game: open to public

We've been Coaches Club season ticket owners since the Ralph opened. There used to be pre-game social prior to the game, but now anyone can walk in and no card is required. We are there before each game and have never been asked to show our Fighting Sioux Club cards. But, hey, we still get our parking passes...

We've been Coaches Club season ticket owners since the Ralph opened. There used to be pre-game social prior to the game, but now anyone can walk in and no card is required. We are there before each game and have never been asked to show our Fighting Sioux Club cards. But, hey, we still get our parking passes...

Oh yeah, you can't take mixed drinks out of the lounges. You can walk out with Beer, just not mixed drinks...