SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

I go along with Siouxmama's take on the issue,

My take on the whole thing:

I'd say it was someone(*) that was pissed at 1 person, knew the guys were in the bar and made the call for no other reason than revenge. Now they are either sitting back and laughing at what has happened, or they are feeling pretty guilty for the mess that has been created and wishing it would just stop. :D

*low life piece of dog poop*

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sh#% happens, sucks but hopefully they will just take care of their fines and move on. this can happen anytime, the right i mean wrong person just has to be around and want to do it, thats why you have to be careful. these guys are high profile to begin with so i can see this happening anywhere. cant wait for the 2 games this weekend!!

I know people who were there, and this is how it went:

Oshie, Toews, Bina and others go into Judy's under cover of darkness. A shadowy figure slips through the door behind them and moves unobserved to a booth on the far side of the room--about six feet away. This person, a gopher fan whose name rhymes with "Slappy," cannot take his eyes off Toews and Oshie and begins make soft gurgling sounds while drooling into his Dr. Pepper. Thinking nobody else would possibly think to take their eyes off the three Sioux studs, he slips on his "Mr. Briggs Junior Goalie Glove" and commences to do nasty things into it, ala Portnoy's Complaint. Unfortunately, members of the Red River JV hockey team are also there, including the goalie, who, unaware that something disgusting is going on, comments on the glove and asks to try it on. Our gopher fanatic, thinking the Red River goalie is probably an undercover news reporter, panics. Realizing that diversion is his only chance, he jumps up, points at Toews, shouts, "UNDERAGE CANADIAN!!" and bolts out the door.

That, at least, is what I heard.

I know people who were there, and this is how it went:

Oshie, Toews, Bina and others go into Judy's under cover of darkness. A shadowy figure slips through the door behind them and moves unobserved to a booth on the far side of the room--about six feet away. This person, a gopher fan whose name rhymes with "Slappy," cannot take his eyes off Toews and Oshie and begins make soft gurgling sounds while drooling into his Dr. Pepper. Thinking nobody else would possibly think to take their eyes off the three Sioux studs, he slips on his "Mr. Briggs Junior Goalie Glove" and commences to do nasty things into it, ala Portnoy's Complaint. Unfortunately, members of the Red River JV hockey team are also there, including the goalie, who, unaware that something disgusting is going on, comments on the glove and asks to try it on. Our gopher fanatic, thinking the Red River goalie is probably an undercover news reporter, panics. Realizing that diversion is his only chance, he jumps up, points at Toews, shouts, "UNDERAGE CANADIAN!!" and bolts out the door.

That, at least, is what I heard.

THIS...obviously the pinnacle of what has become a useless, exhausted thread!!

But pretty funny. :D

I keep foolishly looking here to see if there has been any news...especially considering the 31 pages.

with all due respect - what does that have to do with minors being cited for being in an establishment that serves alcohol?

HockeyMom said she hopes she never has to find out what the punishment is for a DWI. I'm just saying, everyone has a choice. No one needs to hope they won't get one.

HockeyMom said she hopes she never has to find out what the punishment is for a DWI. I'm just saying, everyone has a choice. No one needs to hope they won't get one.

Its also hard to think that if i have 4 beers i am possibly eligable to get a dwi... Although my tolerance says i could have at least a 12 pack and still feel comfortable driving... now dont assume, assuming seems the be a favorite on here... I dont drunk drive... i was just giving an example so if anyone was ready to blow up chill out. As far as this old topic really goes, I have been investigating this a little more because no new info is really ready.. i talked to a few girls that were there before this all happened that night and details seem to be short and sweet... I think the team just wishes it was over and not over dramatized just as i do and everyone else who secretly checks this forum every few hours... there has been a new page everytime i have been here today..

Its also hard to think that if i have 4 beers i am possibly eligable to get a dwi... Although my tolerance says i could have at least a 12 pack and still feel comfortable driving... now dont assume, assuming seems the be a favorite on here... I dont drunk drive... i was just giving an example so if anyone was ready to blow up chill out. As far as this old topic really goes, I have been investigating this a little more because no new info is really ready.. i talked to a few girls that were there before this all happened that night and details seem to be short and sweet... I think the team just wishes it was over and not over dramatized just as i do and everyone else who secretly checks this forum every few hours... there has been a new page everytime i have been here today..

:D Um, would you please list the roads you normally drive on? :ohmy:

That, my friend, is exactly why they set legal limits. I've heard of people being stopped at a .20 and barely failing field sobriety tests, because they are drunk all the time. I also know someone that was told that because of their size and body fat % that they would be at a 0.08% BAC after just two beers on an empty stomach. What it boils down to, is that you shouldn't drive after you consume any alcohol.......the life that you ruin could be someone else's.

The thing is that the more that you drink, the more comfortable you will feel about driving.

*gets off soapbox*

That being said, I have a great friend that makes me stay at her house when we get looped......the guest room is labeled 'HockeyMom's Room'.

That being said, I have a great friend that makes me stay at her house when we get looped......the guest room is labeled 'HockeyMom's Room'.

Good idea or your can get a room at the crowbar hotel. Ussually they have a great view of a cement wall.

I guess some missed that part where i said i dont drunk drive... i said i would feel comfortable at that stage... so would alot of people.. Never gave any examples of a certain time i have driven drunk...

The world is full of people who feel comfortable driving after drinking X amount. That doesn't mean that your reflexes and or judgment match your comfort level. There have been numerous studies to show that they don't.

Curious, are those three playing this weekend at all. Does anyone know what their suspention is going to be.

I would expect a game or two for Robbie, but the others don't count on them sitting out.

Friday night when they hit the ice. It's Hak's decision-he needs to make it and I think when he does, we all need to respect it.

I can see someone asking about it tomorrow on the show he does every week with TH, but I don't see Hak answering so yeah Friday night. He might know now or he might do nothing until after the court hearing.

The Dakota Student has an editorial about the Judy's Tavern incident.

We can only speculate how head coach Dave Hakstol will handle the matter. But whatever that punishment is, it needs to send a clear message that student athletes are held to a higher standard. Their actions are watched with more scrutiny than the average student, and when they break the law it brings embarrassment to themselves, their team and the university as a whole. If Oshie and Toews are given little or no punishment, it will only prove what so many already suspect: college athletes are given a much longer leash than their "normal" peers.
UND has a number of outstanding athletic programs, and the move to Division I athletics will only bring more focus to those programs. It will now rest in the hands of our student athletes to determine whether that focus is for something positive, or if it is something that will bring into question the personal character and integrity of the athletes UND is recruiting.

This unfortunate event can be used as an excellent learning tool for all members of the university and the community. We simply hope that these mistakes are not made again, and that all stakeholders in this university are consistently held responsible for their actions regardless of their name or status.

Given that the Dakota Student has long supported the concept of a spring public drunkfest for students in University Park and defended poor student behavior at athletic events, its sudden desire for responsible behavior rings rather hollow.

The Dakota Student has an editorial about the Judy's Tavern incident.

Given that the Dakota Student has long supported the concept of a spring public drunkfest for students in University Park and defended poor student behavior at athletic events, its sudden desire for responsible behavior rings rather hollow.

What about the other students that were in the bar. Their names were in the GFH, but the Dakota Student doesn't mention them. Because they are not student athletes, dont they have to be held accountable? They must have a "longer leash" than student athletes. :lol: