SiouxSports.com Forum

3/5/2003 Und Coaches Show

PCM

PCM, again, THANK YOU for the great weekly updates. U R terrific.

Conspiracy theory indeed. ??? ... Hey these are cool smilies.

As to the situation with David Hale, its good to hear Blais talk first about the person, second about the player. I think its easy to underestimate how much a toll that takes on teammates, brothers, friends. If you've ever had a friend go thru cancer treatment, or a serious illness of any kind ... you'll know what I mean. And competing at this level of competition, the razor-fine edge between winning and losing has never been so obvious. I just hope they can find it before the season runs out.

Interesting comments on Ziggy. No doubt some bozo will imagine an ncaa violation somewhere in there. (REMEMBER THESE ARE NOT QUOTES! ITS JUST HEARSAY FROM PCM.)

But I mean that in a good way. Its, like, really GOOD hearsay.

Thank you very much for the update, I truly appreciate them.

I pray that David Hale gets better and the docs can figure out his situation. He seems like a great guy and obviously a great leader. The Hale brothers are indeed in my prayers as I am sure they are in most Sioux fans. Get better soon David.

Let's got to Wisconsin and get 4 points and bring the first round back to the REA and get this thing rolling. Keep playing hard guys and the luck has to change somewhere. Go Sioux!!

I think Blais' quote about Hale pretty much puts to rest any thoughts of David coming back and playing this year.

Obviously it would be nice to have him on the ice, but the important thing is David's well being, and as mentioned before, it's good to hear there isn't any undue pressure from the coaches on David to play before he is ready.

You know if it is weighing on Ryan, it's going to be affecting other members of the team as well. Ryan and David, from all accounts I have read on this board are well thought of by the rest of the team, so mentally there must be some impact on most everyone.

You know if it is weighing on Ryan, it's going to be affecting other members of the team as well. Ryan and David, from all accounts I have read on this board are well thought of by the rest of the team, so mentally there must be some impact on most everyone.

I'm sure other players are thinking about it, but it probably isn't affecting their play. Ryan, on the other hand, has to be affected.

Think of what he's been through the last 5 years. His mother's long battle with cancer....his shoulder injury resulting in him sitting out his second year....David's mysterious illness just prior to last season....his mother passing away just as school started last season....David's continued illness during last season....named captain of the team this year....David has a relaps of his mysterious illness.

And on top of all that, we have to remember he's a full-time student majoring in communication, in addition to being a full-time hockey player.

This kid has way more on his shoulders than anyone should be expected to carry.

The word on the street is that Siembida and Sofie won't be back next year, and that Siembida won't play another game. Sofie will probably get cut, and Siembida is just going to quit.

I wonder how reliable this "word" is considering how Blais was defending Siembida, and all the goalies for that matter, on the coaches show?

i herd that too

i think sembida made a HUGE mistake by leaving JR in the middle of the season and wasting a year of eligibilty and now he cant play

bad bad sembida

Does this mean that, among other things, Ranfranz has earned some favor from Blais and the coaching staff?

Well, you could put UMD on a list that would include most everyone UND has played in the second half, but UMD's going to be playing in the DECC next week, not the Ralph. But it would be nice. Look at it this way, if the Sioux can figure out how to win games, maybe they could take care of Denver at the Ralph, then UMD the following Thursday at the X.

But first they have to get back on the winning side.

Bad bad Siouxrock

I think you are making a HUGE mistake with that comment as none of know all the facts on why a player does what

he does other than having agents and scouts discussing the situation with those individuals.

AS far as I can see none of the goalies have been up to par.

SO why hang one and not all.

U2Bad1-

I would love it if the Sioux won their 1st round playoffs and went to the Xcel Center and killed the Bulldogs in the play-in game. Maybe that would quiet down the 300 Bulldog newbies on USCHO. If it happens, I will be there chanting "Season's over" and loving every minute of it. ??????

Am I the only one who caught the "putting Ryan Hale back to defense" line? To anyone listening to the show, was this something they are going to do or was he using it simply as a describer for how he's been playing lately (i.e.like Dave)?

Thanks PCM. It seems that the experiment was tried earlier this year (and didn't work). I do think he has the potential (skates well, strong, good checker), but I think it is a tough change to make with a small amount of practice. I guess we'll see tonight (I'm not going to be very productive at work today!).