SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

I didn't see the play. This is Brad Schlossman's write-up from his blog. If it happened this way, how could this goal have counted? If he hit the goalie, and the puck FOLLOWED him into the net, wouldn't his interfering with the goalie have caused the goal, thereby resulting in a no goal call? What was the deal here?

It appeared to me that Jones and Scofield were tied up as they both went to the puck. I'm guessing Mason ruled that Jones was responsible for Scofield colliding with Lamoureux. If Scofield would have collided with Lamoureux on his own, I doubt the goal would have counted. But because he had help from a Sioux player, it counted.

I asked Hakstol and Serratore about that goal after the game. Neither of them had much to say about it. They both thought Mason made the right call.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the exception of Brian Lee. What is up with that??? Lee made four really terrible errors and Lammy bailed him out on three of them. Sometimes I wonder if he's having some kind of personal issue and can't keep his head in the game. He seems slow to the puck and rushed on his passing and play-making. I'm not a scout, but I haven't been very impressed with him lately. Anyone else concerned about him?

Yes. I hate to say anything because I don't want to bash the players, but he has not been good this year; truthfully, of late, he's been quite bad!

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

We want more!

Wait, that's a Michigan cheer. :D

You got the UW cher!

Michigan's is:

READY!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

WE WANT MORE GO-OALS!

SIEVE, SEIVE, SEIVE, SEIVE, ALL YOU FAULT, ALL YOUR FAULT, ALL YOUR FAULT!

then fan with cowbell breaks into Go Blue chat. :D

It appeared to me that Jones and Scofield were tied up as they both went to the puck. I'm guessing Mason ruled that Jones was responsible for Scofield colliding with Lamoureux. If Scofield would have collided with Lamoureux on his own, I doubt the goal would have counted. But because he had help from a Sioux player, it counted.

I asked Hakstol and Serratore about that goal after the game. Neither of them had much to say about it. They both thought Mason made the right call.

If a Sioux player was involved, and especially responsible for it, then I can understand the call.

Exciting game to be at!!

Bina, Chorney, Toews, Oshie, and Finley all had really good games. Lammy played pretty well. Brian Lee, on the other hand, what the heck?? Can someone please explain to me why he gets so much playing time when he sucks 90% of the time he's out there?? I really don't like bashing on the players if I can help it, but I hear more complaints about him every single game than I do about any of the other players on the team combined. He better start getting his s&!t together!!

Anyways, it was a great win, AWESOME HOME AND HOME SWEEP!!! It was nice to finally see our boys be able to do a stick salute to the fans! You could tell they were all very proud of themselves, and they should be! They played great!!

As for the 2nd BSU goal, it was a legit call. My friend and I watched the tape a few times when we got back. The puck slid into the net just barey right after everyone there crashed into each other, and about a half second before the net came off. As much as I would like to call goaltender interference, I don't think it was. It was a legit goal, and we got the win and the sweep anyways!!

Good weekend boys! Go get those Gophs!!

Brian Lee is among the team leader in points for defensemen. Brian Lee isn't perfect. Brian Lee is learning. Brian Lee still sucks. Yeah, Brian Lee is good for one mistake at least a game.

And the best part of it is: Hakstol knows what he's doing. And for that, I don't care what "everyone" says. I'll support Lee even after he leaves UND. He's not the best defenseman to wear a UND sweater. He's not even the best defenseman on the current team. However, I'll still support him.

I LOVE, though, how fans say "I don't like bashing players but.." and then bash players.

It's kind of like "I don't like getting cut by a knife but..." while watching your index finger get chopped off.

If you don't like bashing players, then don't bash them. It's really that simple.

Did Brian Lee cost UND the game? Nope. Did he play a great game? Nope. Does he deserve to be cut? Nope. Does he deserve to be benched? That's up to Hakstol to decide and, even if he did decide it, I would be shocked if it was more than one game.

What I wonder is this: Is Brian emotionally alright? I mean, with everyone saying how much he sucks, I wonder if he doesn't step onto the ice terrified he'll make a mistake and, thus play the rigid "holding the stick too tight" game that he has played as of late? WOuldn't it make sense? I mean, I know he has great skills and potential, but I don't know if I could use those skills and potential if everyone in the world keeps saying how much I suck.

What I do is this: Look for the positives in every player. What I don't do is wait for the mistakes a player makes.

Fascinating this: Genoway, Bina, Chorney, Radke, Oshie, Toews, Duncan... they've all made mistakes that contributed to or lead up to a goal for the opposition, yet Lee and Finley are the only ones that seem to take the blame?

I don't like bashing posters but.... No, actually, I won't bash a poster.

I just think that all this Lee bashing and player bashing is really really sad. It's like we can't see how good the team is playing. We can only see what a player you don't seem to care too much for is doing. If they don't make a mistake, then nothing is said, but if he does make a mistake, you're all over him. It's a nice way to live a life, no?

lee has had a down year for sure, his assists are good but if ayone watches him closely its evident, hes making bad d to d sioux zone passes and getting beat 1 on 1 as well.....he has really struggled in situations so hopefully he will step up and show us whats up soon, he is our 5 or 6th d man right now i my eyes, on a positive note, ROBBIE FKN BINA is on fire, man we needed someone to step up and he sure has, hes making great plays,passes and sneaking deep into the O zone and finishing plays, he has 12 points in last 12 games or something like that, great for robbie!!

Brian Lee needs to simplify his game a little bit.

He seems to be thinking too much at times. He'll make a good first move and get around a problem, but then he won't move the puck quickly and crisply after that and it gets him in trouble. This pattern seems to happen both on the breakout and at the point on the power play. Move, then move it.

Additionally, the worst kept secret in the league is that the clockwise powerplay pass from Duncan or Toews to Lee will not be one-timed at the net by Brian Lee.

(Pick the spots to take the shots Brian. I'd much rather have you give up a breakaway because a shot hit a leg and went out to center than to see you get pokechecked and passed by because you were indecisive and held it too long.)

Brian needs to relax and simplify what he's doing out there.

Regarding the second BSU goal: The goal judge did not turn on the red light and Mason did not call it a goal as the play occurred. After watching the overhead replay (the one Mason was looking at) several times, I could not ever explicitly see the puck cross the goal line or in the goal BEFORE THE NET CAME OFF. I believe the puck was in the goal before the net cam off, but because that a goal was not called at the time of the play and the replay did not clearly and conclusivley show the puck in the goal before the net came off, how could Mason make that call? IMHO, Mason is damned lucky the Sioux bailed his sorry ass out by winning the game.

Regarding the second BSU goal: The goal judge did not turn on the red light and Mason did not call it a goal as the play occurred. After watching the overhead replay (the one Mason was looking at) several times, I could not ever explicitly see the puck cross the goal line or in the goal BEFORE THE NET CAME OFF.

Just because the net comes off doesn't mean it's not a goal.

Regarding the second BSU goal: The goal judge did not turn on the red light and Mason did not call it a goal as the play occurred. After watching the overhead replay (the one Mason was looking at) several times, I could not ever explicitly see the puck cross the goal line or in the goal BEFORE THE NET CAME OFF. I believe the puck was in the goal before the net cam off, but because that a goal was not called at the time of the play and the replay did not clearly and conclusivley show the puck in the goal before the net came off, how could Mason make that call? IMHO, Mason is damned lucky the Sioux bailed his sorry ass out by winning the game.

when seeing the replay on tv it looked like the puck was in the very back of the net before the net came off, it was the right call...i just got sick of the tick tack penalties that were being called, it didnt matter if they called it on the sioux or beavers, whoever didnt get the 1st call was going to get the next, brutal both ways

Brian Lee is among the team leader in points for defensemen. Brian Lee isn't perfect. Brian Lee is learning. Brian Lee still sucks. Yeah, Brian Lee is good for one mistake at least a game.

And the best part of it is: Hakstol knows what he's doing. And for that, I don't care what "everyone" says. I'll support Lee even after he leaves UND. He's not the best defenseman to wear a UND sweater. He's not even the best defenseman on the current team. However, I'll still support him.

I LOVE, though, how fans say "I don't like bashing players but.." and then bash players.

It's kind of like "I don't like getting cut by a knife but..." while watching your index finger get chopped off.

If you don't like bashing players, then don't bash them. It's really that simple.

Did Brian Lee cost UND the game? Nope. Did he play a great game? Nope. Does he deserve to be cut? Nope. Does he deserve to be benched? That's up to Hakstol to decide and, even if he did decide it, I would be shocked if it was more than one game.

What I wonder is this: Is Brian emotionally alright? I mean, with everyone saying how much he sucks, I wonder if he doesn't step onto the ice terrified he'll make a mistake and, thus play the rigid "holding the stick too tight" game that he has played as of late? WOuldn't it make sense? I mean, I know he has great skills and potential, but I don't know if I could use those skills and potential if everyone in the world keeps saying how much I suck.

What I do is this: Look for the positives in every player. What I don't do is wait for the mistakes a player makes.

Fascinating this: Genoway, Bina, Chorney, Radke, Oshie, Toews, Duncan... they've all made mistakes that contributed to or lead up to a goal for the opposition, yet Lee and Finley are the only ones that seem to take the blame?

I don't like bashing posters but.... No, actually, I won't bash a poster.

I just think that all this Lee bashing and player bashing is really really sad. It's like we can't see how good the team is playing. We can only see what a player you don't seem to care too much for is doing. If they don't make a mistake, then nothing is said, but if he does make a mistake, you're all over him. It's a nice way to live a life, no?

Saying that someone is not playing well isn't bashing, in my opinion, but I will apologize to you, Sir Redwing, for offending your sensibilities and will wait with great anticipation for your next nugget of hockey wisdom.

Brian Lee needs to simplify his game a little bit.

He seems to be thinking too much at times. He'll make a good first move and get around a problem, but then he won't move the puck quickly and crisply after that and it gets him in trouble. This pattern seems to happen both on the breakout and at the point on the power play. Move, then move it.

Additionally, the worst kept secret in the league is that the clockwise powerplay pass from Duncan or Toews to Lee will not be one-timed at the net by Brian Lee.

(Pick the spots to take the shots Brian. I'd much rather have you give up a breakaway because a shot hit a leg and went out to center than to see you get pokechecked and passed by because you were indecisive and held it too long.)

Brian needs to relax and simplify what he's doing out there.

This makes more sense.

I apologize Schmidtdoggydog for coming on so strong time and time again over these things. Maybe this time I overreacted. I don't think simply saying "he's not playing well" is player bashing. This year, however, seems to be the first year in quite some time that posters here have seemed to take so adamantly to blaming specific players for the team's struggles and, even when the team does well, some posters have to go out of their way to point out the mistakes that were made by said players that really didn't have an impact on the game.

Who doesn't know Lee is having a down year this year? Who doesn't know Lee is usually "good" for one mistake a game at least? Brian is only 19 years of age (maybe 20 now) and still has much growing and learning to do and he's doing it under a lot more pressure than most any other defenseman on the team. People look at where he was drafted and expect him to progress at superhuman rates and he's believes them... only development happens at its own pace no matter what you do to "speed things up."

That's why I agree with Sicatoka's assessment. It makes plausible sense as to what could be the problem. It doesn't say that he's a liability 90% of the time he's on the ice (which is patently untrue), it doesn't say that he sucks or should be cut, or hopes that Ottawa signs him or even that Ottawa made a mistake. Brian will come around and all I wanted to say in that post is that I was going to be one person who stood up for him, even if I was the only one. No matter how foolish I looked.

I missed the games because I was cheap and stayed in a motel with no internet service in Phoenix this week end (was there for a course 7:15A to 6P Sat and Sun, ugh)! Thanks to Siouxmama, I at least got the scores.

Man o man, I wish I had been at the games!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize Schmidtdoggydog for coming on so strong time and time again over these things. Maybe this time I overreacted. I don't think simply saying "he's not playing well" is player bashing. This year, however, seems to be the first year in quite some time that posters here have seemed to take so adamantly to blaming specific players for the team's struggles and, even when the team does well, some posters have to go out of their way to point out the mistakes that were made by said players that really didn't have an impact on the game.

Who doesn't know Lee is having a down year this year? Who doesn't know Lee is usually "good" for one mistake a game at least? Brian is only 19 years of age (maybe 20 now) and still has much growing and learning to do and he's doing it under a lot more pressure than most any other defenseman on the team. People look at where he was drafted and expect him to progress at superhuman rates and he's believes them... only development happens at its own pace no matter what you do to "speed things up."

That's why I agree with Sicatoka's assessment. It makes plausible sense as to what could be the problem. It doesn't say that he's a liability 90% of the time he's on the ice (which is patently untrue), it doesn't say that he sucks or should be cut, or hopes that Ottawa signs him or even that Ottawa made a mistake. Brian will come around and all I wanted to say in that post is that I was going to be one person who stood up for him, even if I was the only one. No matter how foolish I looked.

Redwing_77,

I like a great deal of your posts but I thought your comment the other day was a little over the top, if someone wants to criticize a player big deal, it

My opinion on Lee is that Hak should switch him and Radke. Lee obviously has some offensive skills and maybe getting his butt kicked in the corners and in front of the net will turn the light bulb on for him. Plus he can do less damage as a winger in our own zone. Maybe he needs a healthy scratch to wake him up.

The things that Lee used to do well, good passing and solid positioning, have left him and he is a complete disaster right now. Against the gophers we can't have lee imitating a pylon, they are too damn good. :lol:

I've personally been giving Lee the benefit of the doubt for three years now. I heard so much hype, and he has now consistently underacheived. Starting at the state championship game against Holy Angles and continuing through the WJC and 1 1/2 year sioux career I hear about this increadible talent, but I've yet to see a flash. I hope he figures it out, because he has all the physical tools to be a dominant player.

Exciting game to be at!!

Bina, Chorney, Toews, Oshie, and Finley all had really good games. Lammy played pretty well. Brian Lee, on the other hand, what the heck?? Can someone please explain to me why he gets so much playing time when he sucks 90% of the time he's out there?? I really don't like bashing on the players if I can help it, but I hear more complaints about him every single game than I do about any of the other players on the team combined. He better start getting his s&!t together!!

Anyways, it was a great win, AWESOME HOME AND HOME SWEEP!!! It was nice to finally see our boys be able to do a stick salute to the fans! You could tell they were all very proud of themselves, and they should be! They played great!!

As for the 2nd BSU goal, it was a legit call. My friend and I watched the tape a few times when we got back. The puck slid into the net just barey right after everyone there crashed into each other, and about a half second before the net came off. As much as I would like to call goaltender interference, I don't think it was. It was a legit goal, and we got the win and the sweep anyways!!

Good weekend boys! Go get those Gophs!!

I agree that Brian Lee has not played up to his expectations this year, particularly lately. However, he is not close to being the worst defenseman. For all of the Finley apologists out there, he is by far the worst defenseman on the team. I don't care what his plus/minus is, he would not be playing if he were not 6'7". He reacts slowly, gets beat easily and often, and often throws the puck along the boards without looking, creating numerous turnovers and constantly feeding the point. I realize that he's a work in progress and has a lot of potential, but he scares me every time he's on the ice. Jones has also taken a lot of untimely penalties that have cost the Sioux, and as much as I like Genoway, he is not physical enough on D. I would much rather see him at forward and Radke back on D. Chorney and Bina have really been the only consistent defensemen, and both have been very good. Chorney is the most underrated defenseman in the league.