SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win. I'll take this 3-2 win for the Sioux.

Yep. I knew this would be a tough game. A win on the road against a good team is great any way you slice it. Heck, I would have been happy with a tie the way things were going.

Actually, it is because you are always posting the action before I even hear the action.

Maybe you are just lightning fast, fueled by whatever is fueling you this evening.

Shakers? Jack? Or Hennessys?

Would you believe applie pie ala mode? :angry:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here guess that you must have been in a coma for the last three months.

Sorry HockeyMom...I usually like your posts, but no, I haven't been in a coma for the last three months. I've played college hockey and yes, a win is a win, but a team like the Sioux should not be happy with a 1-0 late goal win over BSU. At least not if they have hopes of doing anything significant this year. I want the Sioux to end up in St. Louis as much as anyone, but they should not be settling for this. They should have pounded BSU tonight.

Sorry HockeyMom...I usually like your posts, but no, I haven't been in a coma for the last three months. I've played college hockey and yes, a win is a win, but a team like the Sioux should not be happy with a 1-0 late goal win over BSU. At least not if they have hopes of doing anything significant this year. I want the Sioux to end up in St. Louis as much as anyone, but they should not be settling for this. They should have pounded BSU tonight.

playing intramural hockey for the tri delts doesn't count. :angry:

I'm not a troll...I've had season tix to the Sioux since I was about 4 years old. Beating BSU by scoring a late goal is not a huge acheivement for a team like the Sioux.

i kno just givin you a hard time, it was a solid win, bsu is a very good team,,good road win no matter what

I agree that, in theory, UND should be pounding a lot of teams. That is mostly the strength of the program talking.

However, BSU has a strong winning record against WCHA teams this year. They have as good a team as they have ever had. A road win against them at the Woodshed @ BSU is one I'll gladly take, even if it is only by 1 goal.

I've played college hockey and yes, a win is a win, but a team like the Sioux should not be happy with a 1-0 late goal win over BSU. At least not if they have hopes of doing anything significant this year. I want the Sioux to end up in St. Louis as much as anyone, but they should not be settling for this. They should have pounded BSU tonight.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20052006/m/12/16/UND-bsu.php

Game from last year in Bemidji, won 2-1 by the Sioux despite being outshot by BSU. That same Sioux team made it to the F4.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20042005/m/01/28/bsu-UND.php

Game from the year before at the Ralph, 3-3 tie. That same Sioux team made it to the National Championship.

I'm confused...

Hakstol's comments:

We knew it would be a good game from the start. It was a better game than the one here last year. Maybe it was not as hardnosed, but it was better played.

We moved the puck very well in the first period. They're very aggressive in all zones. It can create opportunities when beat the pressure, and we were doing that.

They came out with a huge flurry at the start of the third. We weathered it after giving up a goal. Fabian's goal was an ugly one, but it looked pretty from where I was on the bench.

Both goalies played very well tonight. Phil might have won us a game tonight, but it was a real good goaltending battle tonight. Both goalies made some great saves.

Our first goal was great power play play. It was a great pass, a great shot. The second one, two or three of our guys could have got it, but somehow it even got through Phil.

We hurt ourselves in the second period with three penalties in a row. We can't take those penalties. It really drained our energy left when we got back to 5 on 5 in the period.

We had to juggle our lines when Kozek went off early in the first. We had some guys who backed off in the second.

It was a very, very good win for our team. I liked our composure in the last minute a half. We did a great job of keeping the puck down in their zone and not letting the goalie get off the ice. That shows a little bit of growth.

Edited by PCM
Because I felt like it!