SiouxSports.com Forum

Your favorite player this year

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie Bina!!!

He didn't come to UND with the hype of many of the current players on the team or the players he has played with in the previous years but he is an impact player though quietly. He comes to play every night and always works his hardest. This year, that success is paying off in points, too. He can play forward or defense and I think that makes him a big asset. While he is not known as being an offensive D-man, he can make offensive plays that other D man do not make. To top it off, he is coming back from an injury that could very easily ended his career or even left him paralyzed! This guy has earned a lot of respect from me in a year that has been a tough one (and where other players that I liked a lot last year have lost a good amount of respect from me).

Honorable mention:

Taylor Chorney

Ryan Duncan

Robbie Bina!!!

He didn't come to UND with the hype of many of the current players on the team or the players he has played with in the previous years but he is an impact player though quietly.

I think pound for pound Robbie Bina is one of the toughest guys on the team. He may not be very big but he is a scrapper.

Hey people. I just wanted to know who your favortie player (from the SIOUX) this year is? I would have to say that Kyle Radke is my favorite player!!! I know that sometimes he can take a bad penelty or two, but then again so did PRPICH (everybody loves PRPICH!!)

Haha, you just like !@#!$ people or what? Radke is so bad, the weekend they got sdwept by tech was a great weekend because he didnt play.

Well, since I have many of them myself, I can spot them in an instant. My work on this board speaks for itself, so I guess you can consider me an "expert" on the subject of dumb post's. :)

Can't argue with logic. :whistling::ohmy:

Well, since I have many of them myself, I can spot them in an instant. My work on this board speaks for itself, so I guess you can consider me an "expert" on the subject of dumb post's. :)

Yes THETRIOUXPER is an expert in dumb posts but he also has very good ones also so he does know the difference. If PCM forms a committee you should get a look to chair it at the very least :whistling:

Yes THETRIOUXPER is an expert in dumb posts but he also has very good ones also so he does know the difference. If PCM forms a committee you should get a look to chair it at the very least :whistling:

OK man, I'm calling you on this one. Show me one example of a where I had a good/worthwhile post. :ohmy:

Toews is still my favorite player. You can slam his first half play all you want; however, he did his best to play through the shoulder injury. Like Parise the goals have been difficult to come by because he is targeted and mugged by every WCHA opponent. That subject has been beaten to death in the WCHA lack of officiating threads. Notwithstanding, if more players than Duncan could bury their setups, Toews could be leading the nation in assists let alone the league.

Toews is still my favorite player. You can slam his first half play all you want; however, he did his best to play through the shoulder injury. Like Parise the goals have been difficult to come by because he is targeted and mugged by every WCHA opponent. That subject has been beaten to death in the WCHA lack of officiating threads. Notwithstanding, if more players than Duncan could bury their setups, Toews could be leading the nation in assists let alone the league.

I'm with you Sioux Hab-it! Jon Toews is a special player and I have really enjoyed watching him. Players like him do not come around very often. Many times, he is the best player on the ice and has nothing to show for it on the score sheet.

I agree, Toews may very likely be the most talented player in the WCHA, but what has that done for the Sioux this season? This thread is talking about this seasons performance. I know he battled through an injury and is the player the other teams focus on stopping, but if you are the best player (or one of them) in college hockey, shouldn't you be able to overcome the adversity and put up more than four goals halfway through the season? This kid is a real talent and he never takes a shift off... hey just look how he performed for his own country in the world juniors, but unfortunately we may never see that potential in a Sioux jersey. I hope I'm wrong, becuase I know he can do so much more.

This kid is a real talent and he never takes a shift off... hey just look how he performed for his own country in the world juniors, but unfortunately we may never see that potential in a Sioux jersey. I hope I'm wrong, becuase I know he can do so much more.

I saw his potential in a Sioux jersey during the second half of last season and throughout the playoffs.

I agree, Toews may very likely be the most talented player in the WCHA, but what has that done for the Sioux this season? This thread is talking about this seasons performance. I know he battled through an injury and is the player the other teams focus on stopping, but if you are the best player (or one of them) in college hockey, shouldn't you be able to overcome the adversity and put up more than four goals halfway through the season? This kid is a real talent and he never takes a shift off... hey just look how he performed for his own country in the world juniors, but unfortunately we may never see that potential in a Sioux jersey. I hope I'm wrong, becuase I know he can do so much more.

Actually, this thread is about who your "favorite" player is, not who is the "best" player.

You are right, and you can pick whomever you want as your favorite. I love Toews and what he brings to the ice, I guess I was just expressing my dissapointment since this will most likely be his last year for the green and white. That is what these forums are for right, to get the conversation going. Bottom line, we all want the Sioux to succeed, possibly a third straight trip to the frozen four. I think we have the talent, we just need to play like it.

You are right, and you can pick whomever you want as your favorite. I love Toews and what he brings to the ice, I guess I was just expressing my dissapointment since this will most likely be his last year for the green and white. That is what these forums are for right, to get the conversation going. Bottom line, we all want the Sioux to succeed, possibly a third straight trip to the frozen four. I think we have the talent, we just need to play like it.

Yeah, I was just saying that a "favorite" player might not be a "best" player. Look at Walski, he may well be someone's "favorite" player, but is he the "best", we can't know that cause he has never played a game.

I'd have to say my favorite player this year is Brad Miller. He's really fast and stepped it up this year which shows you how much he wanted to be out there on the ice. When he scores goals there pretty darn good ones to :whistling:

Behind him I'd probably say Robbie Bina and Ryan Duncan. I dunno Oshie and Toews just haven't showed me much to warrant them any higher.

I have to agree......I like the underdog, and Miller has stepped up this year and has become a pleasant surprise.