SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a WCHA team saying that a series against the Beavers is huge for their team??? :sad: Maybe hell has really frozen over..... :D

It is big for both teams. This season was turning out to be one that could validate the BSU program, going 5-1 against the WCHA before last weekend. But then laying the egg they did on Friday night and not holding a 2-0 lead going into the third on Saturday night, it took some of the luster off the season (and I had to be there to witness it). But if they can get one (or two with a small miracle) from the Sioux, it would get the Beavers back on track.

I don't think you necessarily laid an egg. MTU is legit though inconsistent.

I don't think you necessarily laid an egg. MTU is legit though inconsistent.

I was at the series and Friday night was not the Beaver team we are used to seeing the past two months. The hard work that we are used to was not there until the last 10 minutes of the game, but they were already down 3-0, scored on the power play and gave up an empty netter at the end. Saturday was a vast improvement and it got them up 2-0, but then the first 10 minutes of the third, they slumped some and gave up three goals. They pretty much controlled the last 10 minutes, but could not get one to the back of the net.

Those MTU games were a killer for BSU's at large NCAA bid possibilities. BSU needs to sweep the Sioux or plan on winning their conference tourney dogfight to make the tourney.

I highly doubt an at large bid will go to a CHA team. BSU needs to win the CHA to get in. Right now they're a TUC team for North Dakota which improves their PWR with a sweep. We definitely need this more than they do but regardless, I suspect both games will be close.

Those MTU games were a killer for BSU's at large NCAA bid possibilities. BSU needs to sweep the Sioux or plan on winning their conference tourney dogfight to make the tourney.

yeah they were huge and bsu took a huge hit in the pairwise. if the sioux can somehow sweep the beavs it will open another at large bid in case the beavs some how didnt win their conference tourney and get that auto bid. good points...........

I highly doubt an at large bid will go to a CHA team. BSU needs to win the CHA to get in. Right now they're a TUC team for North Dakota which improves their PWR with a sweep. We definitely need this more than they do but regardless, I suspect both games will be close.

if bsu wouldnt have gotten swept and split with the sioux and won most of their remaining games, they sure would have gotten a ncaa spot being in the top 10 of the pairwise without wining their cha tourney. if that would have happened their would have been many power conferences sweating it out hoping that bsu won their cha tourney as well so it wouldnt take a spot away from someone...

I'm looking for 3 tix for Fridays game in Bemidji. Does anyone know if there are usually people trying to dump tickets at the gate or not ? Still thinking of going up there without tickets and hoping for the best, but a little nervous about the low number of seats and how hot this ticket is for Beaver fans.

I'm looking for 3 tix for Fridays game in Bemidji. Does anyone know if there are usually people trying to dump tickets at the gate or not ? Still thinking of going up there without tickets and hoping for the best, but a little nervous about the low number of seats and how hot this ticket is for Beaver fans.

I just got off the phone with their ticket - 218-755-3993 - office and Cassie told me "we still have a few left". Got two more for me!

Dave's Pizza is great for a some pie while The Corner Bar has the best burgers around.

Slim's (Bemidji avenue about a mile north of Blockbuster) is a good choice for burgers too, Dave's Pizza is another good choice. Also OK are the usual chains - Green Mill/Hampton Inn and Applebees or Ground Round who are pretty much across the highway from each other.

Yes, parking sucks. Get there early.

Slim's (Bemidji avenue about a mile north of Blockbuster) is a good choice for burgers too, Dave's Pizza is another good choice. Also OK are the usual chains - Green Mill/Hampton Inn and Applebees or Ground Round who are pretty much across the highway from each other.

Yes, parking sucks. Get there early.

slims best burgers with corner very close 2nd :sad:

slims best burgers with corner very close 2nd :sad:

Really when I lived in Bemidji I didn't think people rated/ranked Slims over Corner Bars Burgers, unless they declined over the years after I left. I am getting a corner bar beer Friday night before the game, maybe I need to get a Slims Burger before I head back to Grand Forks on Saturday, that way I can regrade them.

The Great Wall Buffet in Bemiji is good too.

Really when I lived in Bemidji I didn't think people rated/ranked Slims over Corner Bars Burgers, unless they declined over the years after I left. I am getting a corner bar beer Friday night before the game, maybe I need to get a Slims Burger before I head back to Grand Forks on Saturday, that way I can regrade them.

The Great Wall Buffet in Bemiji is good too.

Don't make me start a poll. :sad: Come on, I have but 1 Bemidji pregame meal, and it has to count, what is it Slims or Corner? Also is Stats still around, I liked that place.

Don't make me start a poll. :sad: Come on, I have but 1 Bemidji pregame meal, and it has to count, what is it Slims or Corner? Also is Stats still around, I liked that place.

slims it is..........and stats went under a few years back, cool spot but crappy owners ran it under

slims it is..........and stats went under a few years back, cool spot but crappy owners ran it under

NOOOOOOOO, that is not good, I killed many of brain cells in that bar when I went to BSU. That was a shame, they had the best wild rice soup.

Just to let everyone know, Slim's, Corner, Keg, 209, all get their ground beef for burgers from the same place, Downtown Meats, if I recall correctly. Any one of those four will do you well for a burger. If you are looking for pizza, Dave's is the place.

Stay away from the chains, you can get them anywhere!

Just to let everyone know, Slim's, Corner, Keg, 209, all get their ground beef for burgers from the same place, Downtown Meats, if I recall correctly. Any one of those four will do you well for a burger. If you are looking for pizza, Dave's is the place.

yes they do but they do not make them the same, seasoning does the trick :whistling:

We should give Millsy some Rube Cred for pointing that out. :whistling:

corner bar id say hands down...nothin like going hunting and coming back to a nice big burger at the corner bar and only wanting 1 beer but having many

My vote is Slim's, but Corner is 1B. For a chain, the Green Mill is kinda of cool - it's right on the frozen shores of Lake Bemidji.