SiouxSports.com Forum

More Varity at the Ralph ?

Fetch

Kim Holmes on the Mac show was just talking about this

Why only one Beer Distributer ?

Why the same food ?

& the same commercials on the Big Screen drives me nutz :lol:

It was Good at 1st - But could have been better & now it's all getting kinda same ol same ol .....?

Why the same food ?

& the same commercials on the Big Screen drives me nutz :lol:

It was Good at 1st - But could have been better & now it's all getting kinda same ol same ol .....?

I believe the have a exclusive contract with Miller which is McKinnen I believe. Also, If I am not mistaken they have an agreement with Coke too. Personally I like both of those decision because I am a coke and Miller Lite Man. Someone told me that if you go with these kinds of contract they save money.

I think all arenas are contracted with one major vendor (Miller/Bud, Coke/Pepsi, etc.) so they really cannot sell Bud in one section and Miller in another. Something we'll always have to deal with.

As for the commercials, it's time to change, I'm tired of seeing a guy with a $hit eating grin on his face when he has meat shoved into it.

They've signed up those vendors to exclusive deals.

I've heard that the Pizza vendor even went to the Ralph because some employees of another company were eating Italian Moon Pizza in the parking lot.

In the parking lot? I'm sure they were tailgaiting and thats the business of the people eating it.

I own a pizza place in town, and I know that at the time, there is no way I could have afforded the price of getting into the REA.

Now, the only thing I'd like to see at the food vendors is the people with long hair to wear their hair tied back, under hats, or confined in some way. Doesn't matter if you are the owner or not. I personally don't like finding long bleached blond hair in my food. :lol: I appologize in advance for the direct slam.

During the initial phases and before construction, the concessions were to be "The flavor of Grand Forks"...Such places as Italian Moon, Bonzers, Sanders, Red Pepper, Happy Joes, Dagwoods, Blue Moose, Whiteys and more.... Were to be involved in bringing different food and beverage selections to the Ralph....

something happened along the way to change all these plans, and a monopoly occured shutting out almost everyone, unless you paid big bucks to REA for rights to sell...

I think this has diminished the not only type of concession (Unique) you could provide, but also the support from some of the local purveyors...

Just like the Attitute during the World Juniors.... REA gets all, and local home owned gets shut out...?

Can not win the fight..when they make all the rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Why the same food ?

& the same commercials on the Big Screen drives me nutz ???

I did not know where to post this but I thought this was as a good of a thread as any other. Are we able to send ideas to the guy that runs the video at the ralph? Has any one ever seen the movie Rollerball with LL Cool J and Chris Klien? There is a scene at the end of the movie where the crowd stands up and starts chanting Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan with a bit of a russian accent. Just thought it would be cool to see on the screen if the Ralph thought it was not inappropriate. Might get the crowd into the game. They could us it after a Toews goal or something like that.

During the initial phases and before construction, the concessions were to be "The flavor of Grand Forks"...Such places as Italian Moon, Bonzers, Sanders, Red Pepper, Happy Joes, Dagwoods, Blue Moose, Whiteys and more.... Were to be involved in bringing different food and beverage selections to the Ralph....

That would be so much better. I might actually buy food there then. But it'll never happen, so oh well.

Doesn't the Alerus have both Beer Distributers ?

& last game the lines were long at the beer stand & only two people working it & they were chatting & visiting with everyone & taking way too long to serve - I'm getting where I hate to even go down there - This is one thing Nice about the Excell Center (at least evening games) their day crew is a little suspect ???

Doesn't the Alerus have both Beer Distributers ?

& last game the lines were long at the beer stand & only two people working it & they were chatting & visiting with everyone & taking way too long to serve - I'm getting where I hate to even go down there - This is one thing Nice about the Excell Center (at least evening games) their day crew is a little suspect ???

All of this is so minor. How bout the aspects of showing off the arena. The quiet music? No light show anymore, or not often(for the new comers who travel long and far to see the REA) The crappy music(as mentioned 2,003 times since its opened) Id gladly wait 15min for a beer as long as the music is cranked. The REA has gone downhill since the second year it opened. Ive missed about 6 total games since it opened so yes, Im very entitled to this true opinion :whistling: If they are going to have quiet music, then i say dont play any at all..sheesh.

something happened along the way to change all these plans, and a monopoly occured shutting out almost everyone, unless you paid big bucks to REA for rights to sell...

I think this has diminished the not only type of concession (Unique) you could provide, but also the support from some of the local purveyors...

Just like the Attitute during the World Juniors.... REA gets all, and local home owned gets shut out...?

Can not win the fight..when they make all the rules.

I worked for pepsi during this time and we were in negotiations to get into the ralph. they wanted to start out 50/50 Pepsi/Coke. Then the world juniors stepped in and said they can only serve coke (or so i'm told) and by that time coke kissed REA's butt enough to get them to sign with them again. (and i belive there was a change in management at that time that favored coke.

I worked for pepsi during this time and we were in negotiations to get into the ralph. they wanted to start out 50/50 Pepsi/Coke. Then the world juniors stepped in and said they can only serve coke (or so i'm told) and by that time coke kissed REA's butt enough to get them to sign with them again. (and i belive there was a change in management at that time that favored coke.

Like all contracts, the best offer won. Coke has a 10 year contract. Like all contracts that I know of involving coke/pepsi there is just the basic pricing issue, equipment (barrel coolers, 2 door coolers, signage, etc etc), advertising etc... It has nothing to do with who kisses whos butt..... it all comes down to the best offer.

They need to have quiet music. They don't want people to complain about all that damn loud hippie music waking them up from their peaceful nap. ???

No $#!t I am sick and tired of the Corporate atmosphere, the arena is great but some of these people should go home if they don't want cow bells and loud music and other loudness. I can't even remember when the last time we heard welcome to the jungle, that used to be awesome. If you don't like the volumne stay home or turn down your hearing aid. Last weekend I had a young girl tell me to sit down between periods when the zamboni was resurfacing. I turned around and looked at her father. The guy was hey, leave him alone.

No $#!t I am sick and tired of the Corporate atmosphere, the arena is great but some of these people should go home if they don't want cow bells and loud music and other loudness. I can't even remember when the last time we heard welcome to the jungle, that used to be awesome. If you don't like the volumne stay home or turn down your hearing aid. Last weekend I had a young girl tell me to sit down between periods when the zamboni was resurfacing. I turned around and looked at her father. The guy was hey, leave him alone.

We think exactly alike. And they do play welcome to the jungle to get the crowd into it.....WHEN THERES 12 seconds left in the game and we are down by 2 or 3

The running of the REA, hands downs, sucks ass. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be mental ???

With The Ralph it's "big time" now like it or not. it's just like the xcel or target center in the beer choices and banter between action on the ice. it's just like every arena in the NHL. advertising is a part of the game. you have to accept it or leave it. it's not a choice to go back to being a small rink where the fans make the "atmosphere." I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is. things might change when we win #8.

We think exactly alike. And they do play welcome to the jungle to get the crowd into it.....WHEN THERES 12 seconds left in the game and we are down by 2 or 3

The running of the REA, hands downs, sucks ass. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be mental ???

If they kept the music loud it would get a few more people to not talk on their cell phones during the game. I don't have a problem with it between periods but its amazing how many people are talking on them during the games.

With The Ralph it's "big time" now like it or not. it's just like the xcel or target center in the beer choices and banter between action on the ice. it's just like every arena in the NHL. advertising is a part of the game. you have to accept it or leave it. it's not a choice to go back to being a small rink where the fans make the "atmosphere." I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is. things might change when we win #8.

Well said, hrkac.