SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS ST. LAWRENCE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan and Bina have been two of the most consistent players for UND this season. Nice to see the team win two and the tournament.

He hasn't been making a lot of goals yet but I gotta say TJ is just as consistent. Working hard and setting things up for his team mates.

Now the only quesiton is whether the Herald can find another senior citizen nickname protestor to interview for tomorrow's paper. :D

Oh, how about what's her name, Blue Beard, Yellow Hair, Green Face, oh hell, you know. That NA columnist who always spouts unfounded 'facts'.

After watching this game, listening to interview with Oshie and listening to the post-game, this team year in and year out has alot of class and that is something we can all be very proud of!!!

I agree. After doing post-game interviews after home games for the past five years, I can say that I never cease to be impressed by the character and class of the Sioux players and coaches.

I just looked something up for fun, it costs just over $43K per year to attend that fine PC Correct University. I think there AD should worry more about getting people to be able to attend there school.

Well Dartmouth believes in financial aid for minority students, and the rest are legacy rich kids . . . Plus it's not really that much more expensive than the majority of schools; my school's more or as expensive as an Ivy. But all that money, it doesn't buy you class, as seen with the AD.

I agree. After doing post-game interviews after home games for the past five years, I can say that I never cease to be impressed by the character and class of the Sioux players and coaches.

Starts with the parents, add in good coaches and we get outstanding Fighting Sioux athletes who impress everyone that comes in contact with them on the road!!

I caught the end of the game on the webcast. It looked like Foyt was accepting the trophy along with the three captains. It also looked like he had an 'A' on his jersey. Did I see that right, or was the low-quality webcast making me see things?

I saw that too. Was trying to get a closer and clearer look, but I did see an "A" on that jersey.

After watching this game, I decided to turn on the Gopher game. Pretty good game but I had to turn it off as Woog and the other dude (Mazako sp?) were drooling all over each other with praise for the Gophers and how presitgious their tournament was - as in most teams that win that tourney go on to win the national tournament. Could not handle anymore so I guess you guys are stuck with me for awhile.

It's great to see guys throughout the lineup chipping in. It's a great relief to see a respite from the past few weeks. Hopefully it signals a change in the weather, and not just the eye of the storm.

We saw this in 2001-02 with the sweep of Michigan and Michigan State, then a return to the woes of the first half of the season. Hopefully we will see a better 2nd half.

After watching this game, I decided to turn on the Gopher game. Pretty good game but I had to turn it off as Woog and the other dude (Mazako sp?) were drooling all over each other with praise for the Gophers and how presitgious their tournament was - as in most teams that win that tourney go on to win the national tournament. Could not handle anymore so I guess you guys are stuck with me for awhile.

They must have confused themselves (hard to believe I know). I watched the end of the game and they said that UMTC had won something like 8 straight Dodge tournaments. I am pretty sure that they haven't won the last 7 national titles.

Well, I missed the game. Came in when TH was announcing tonight's three stars :silly:

It's good to see:

1. Two wins for the Sioux this weekend.

2. The Sioux defense play well. Finley did a good job this weekend. Foyt really played well (however, I heard he was playing injured. If that's the case we are REALLY in trouble if he gets "all the way injured" and cannot play. We're DESPERATELY thin on D right now)

3. Dartmouth AD gets stuck with her team losing two games getting outscored 7-1 (NICE JOB BU!). Yeah, not classy to say that, but she deserves it. And if the Dartmouth AD isn't a "she" I don't care.

4. We scored 8 goals on the weekend (Yeah, Empty Netters count, dangit!) and I'm happy to see the offense.

5. Players like Martens, Vandevelde, and Foyt playing well.

Couple of questions:

1. On Friday, TH said that the Sioux were "keeping it simple" on D. Do you think this can be attributed to why we did well this weekend and, conversely, one of the reasons why we struggled as of late before the break?

2. Did the Sioux get presented with a trophy of some sort and, if so, did they do anything with it? I thought it would be cool to graciously accept the trophy, pose for a picture (if necessary), and then put it at center ice and skate off to the locker rooms.

2. Did the Sioux get presented with a trophy of some sort and, if so, did they do anything with it? I thought it would be cool to graciously accept the trophy, pose for a picture (if necessary), and then put it at center ice and skate off to the locker rooms.

A little piece of curved plexiglass that Hak can use as a door stopper. :silly:

A little piece of curved plexiglass that Hak can use as a door stopper. :silly:

It would have been really cool to take the trophy and then hand it back to their AD and just walk away. Good point Redwing. I would have wanted video of the look on the AD's face though.

1. On Friday, TH said that the Sioux were "keeping it simple" on D. Do you think this can be attributed to why we did well this weekend and, conversely, one of the reasons why we struggled as of late before the break?

Kind of Ironic that they are losing two defensive players and end up winning two in a row.

They took the throphy and ho hum skated off of the ice.

There was another thread on this board, where it was mentioned that the majority of Duncan's goals are scored top shelf, right side. Saw the highlights of last night's game on the 10 pm news, and wouldn't you know it, that's exactly where he sniped the PP goal last night. I am a believer! :silly: