Watchout for Flying Pucks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'am positive we can play better

There's a stretch, or is it a gimme.

I'am positive we don't have the best coaching

Best is a big word. Very, very good, yes.

Best? All it takes is one better somewhere.

I'am positive Oshie and Toews will score more in the second half

Another gimme.

I'am positive we need to rotate goalies

Until someone proves to be the answer, yes.

I'am positive that I will get ripped for this reply

Consider yourself "ripped" if it makes you feel better. :silly:

Now I'm going to add one:

I'm positive "I'am" has either an extra 'a' or an apostrophe where a space should be. :silly:

He and I both can. Name one serious Gopher fan (not a fly-by-night bandwagon fan that every winning team gets this time of year) that has claimed a single piece of hardware for this season.

C'mon. You guys have proudly locked up that "Virg Foss Award". :silly:

Good thing I have lots of buddies up there to help me when that happens. Or more reallistic, to kick me when I'm laying at the bottom of the stairs like a drunken puddle of s&!t. :(

Can I be the one that photographs the whole thing and then posts the pics on this site? ;)

SIOUXELEVEN: I like your post. I'd comment regarding the coaching that coaching works in cycles it seems. For example, many consider Scotty Bowman to be the best NHL hockey coach in history. However, how do you qualify "best?" Every year, in college hockey and in the NHL, a coach is named "Coach of the Year." This assumes that he did the "best" job at coaching that year. If Scott Bowman was the "best" coach ever, he should have won that award in consecutive years starting the year he won his first Stanley Cup with the Canadians and ending when he retired, right?

No, I'm not going to say you are wrong in your assessment. I am not going to call Hakstol the next hall of fame collegiate coach. Likewise, I'm not going to call Hakstol a bust. It's FAR too early for that. However, no coach, regardless of how good he is, can get production out of his team year in and year out. THat's part of what is called "adversity." Sometimes, if such failure is prolonged (meaning more than one season worth), his job may become open. Other times, he may have a blind AD (see Minnesota Gopher football).

I don't know how this season will progress. So far, he's been frustrating as hell! But I agree on all of your points. We're not eliminated yet. Hopefully we can recover enough to make it.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted "best". I think Hakstol is one hell of a recruiter and can sure find talent but I think he has problems firing up his team and getting them to play 60 minutes. Maybe that calm, nothing rattles me exterior doesn't fire up the team. Hakstol should let Eades do the pre-game speaches, we all know there is a litte fire inside him. When Hakstol played here he hit every thing that moved and he wasn't the biggest guy out there,we need some of that attitude now.

I have to admit, I have not seen anyone say "hand over the championship to the goophs". It does look like sour grapes on behalf of Sioux fans. Like I said before, if the roles were reversed this year, many here would take exception to the fact people were scoffing at UND's record/ranking. Losing always sucks, but it is not an excuse for being a sore loser.

Thank you sir, thats all I was pointing out.

It has been a VERY nice season so far, BUT, we are very much aware that the Gophers are in almost the exact same position the Badgers were in last year at this time, and although things worked out for them at the end, they played a stretch of terrible hockey in January & February. And the type of injuries the caused the Badger swoon, can happan to anyone at any time.

And every team, every year, always has a stretch when, for what ever reason, they just don't play well. For the Sioux, that is happening right now, for the Gophers, that time is still to come, and it WILL come. The big question is how the team responds when it does happen, and how long it goes on for. The last few years, that strecth has hit the Gophers at the end of the season going into the play-offs. Hopefully, this year, it will be a little sooner, and they will playing decent hockey again in March and (hopefully) April.

We also painfully aware that once the play-offs start, what you have accomplished during the regular means nothing. Everyone gets to start fresh.

Looking forward to the series in January, because Gopher/Sioux games are always a lot of fun to watch.

Don't think we'll be taking warm showers and spooning any time soon because of this. I still despise you guys, but it's hard to argue with a stellar win-loss record. The goophs have played some good hockey up to this point.

Not my deal either.......... :lol:

Not that there is anything wrong with it.............

The last few years, that strecth has hit the Gophers at the end of the season going into the play-offs. Hopefully, this year, it will be a little sooner, and they will playing dececnt hockey again in March and (hopefully) April.

Notes, are you now a closet gopher fan :lol:

Sprig, I think that is someone else. However I always figured Notes for a closet Gopher fan, but think that he had to play up the opposite as long as Jason was at UND. :lol:

I noticed that Mr. Noterman is now a big Goofers fan again, I wonder if he is an Ed Schultz fan too (Most true die in the wool Sioux fans will get that one). :lol: I remember when his kid played he would get into all kinds of flame feasts with Handyman, Happy, Hammy et al.

I guess I can't hold it against him, My father is the same way he some how thinks you can cheer for both teams, I like both teams I told him one time he was going to have to pick one and go with it. I don't think it is possible. Not a true Sioux or Gopher fan.

I noticed that Mr. Noterman is now a big Goofers fan again, I wonder if he is an Ed Schultz fan too (Most true die in the wool Sioux fans will get that one). :lol: I remember when his kid played he would get into all kinds of flame feasts with Handyman, Happy, Hammy et al.

I guess I can't hold it against him, My father is the same way he some how thinks you can cheer for both teams, I like both teams I told him one time he was going to have to pick one and go with it. I don't think it is possible. Not a true Sioux or Gopher fan.

#1 - I am not Mr. Noterman, nor do I know him.

#2 - I don't have any sons, much less 1 that played for UND, or UM for that matter.

#3 - I am a tried & true Gopher fan first and foremost. I do have some past connections to UND, and have always considered

them my 2nd favorite hockey team.

Not sure why that would be a problem. :lol: