SiouxSports.com Forum

Swept again!

OETKB

livestoplaywithhimself is nothing more than a know-it-all blow hard. The only problem with that is he actually knows very little. This is usually the case with guys like this. His posts really do nothing more than clog up cyberspace. Like I said before his greatest accomplishment came the day he learned to wipe his own butt. He's even a bigger asshole than me, if that's possible.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I wasn't sure where you started your high-powered career. I thought maybe you were bragging again. :D

Oh, well before that I cleaned carpet for many years, another high caliber, extremely glamorous occupation. Nothing screams "I'm a chick magnet" like a guy that cleans peoples dirty carpets for a living.

Oh, well before that I cleaned carpet for many years, another high caliber, extremely glamorous occupation. Nothing screams "I'm a chick magnet" like a guy that cleans peoples dirty carpets for a living.

Chick magnet and NHL team owner? I knew going to college was a mistake. :D

PCM - you've made some very compelling arguments and I think it's clear that it's way too early to judge the current crop of freshmen at UND. However, I think bucky was sincere when trying to aver he thinks last year's freshmen class was excellent and did not underachieve. But whatever. :D

Second leading scorer in the BCHL two years ago, and a second round pick? I don't think 15-20 is that far off the mark.

And once again you are trying to argue a point with Lives to Play regarding yet another player on his "disrespect" list.

Please. I don't care if Kozek hasn't scored because Hakstol told him not to score (like that would happen, but still), little short of Kozek putting the team on his back and carrying them to #8 will change Lives to Play's opinion.

Remember folks: Lives to Play has said very little positive things about Kozek, Finley, Kaip, Grieco, Watkins, and a few others. As you are all pretty well aware, he's an authority on these players and, since he thinks they stink, they must stink and there is nothing we can say or do to change his mind.

I've accepted that and moved on. I think we all need to move on and accept that.

Your Dr. Phil moment of the day. :D

And once again you are trying to argue a point with Lives to Play regarding yet another player on his "disrespect" list.

Please. I don't care if Kozek hasn't scored because Hakstol told him not to score (like that would happen, but still), little short of Kozek putting the team on his back and carrying them to #8 will change Lives to Play's opinion.

Remember folks: Lives to Play has said very little positive things about Kozek, Finley, Kaip, Grieco, Watkins, and a few others. As you are all pretty well aware, he's an authority on these players and, since he thinks they stink, they must stink and there is nothing we can say or do to change his mind.

I've accepted that and moved on. I think we all need to move on and accept that.

Your Dr. Phil moment of the day. :D

You think I don't say anything positive about any of the sioux players. This isn't the case.

If I think a player is playing poorly , I will say they are playing poorly (Kozek,kaip, finley,watkins)

If I think a player is playing well, I'll say they are playing well (Bina, Radke, Genoway, Toews, Chorney and others).

I call it like I see it.

You think I don't say anything positive about any of the sioux players. This isn't the case.

If I think a player is playing poorly , I will say they are playing poorly (Kozek,kaip, finley,watkins)

If I think a player is playing well, I'll say they are playing well (Bina, Radke, Genoway, Toews, Chorney and others).

I call it like I see it.

Before or after $1.50 pictures? :D

I call it like I see it.

Where did I say that? :D

I said that if a player is on your "low respect/disrespect" list, then there is basically no point in arguing otherwise. Kozek, as an example, could be learning a role he didn't play in juniors which is affecting his offensive production but all you see is that he's not scoring (goals or assists). Therefore he sucks. There is nothing anyone can say to you that will change your mind short of some miraculous stretch (one game means little) where that player starts playing up to the hype you hold each of the players to (usually the hype that is generated by junior A stat sheets and the pontification of those who understand little about the effect that DI may have on the development of players), he will remain on your "low respect" list.

EDIT: Here's a good example of development: Look at Chris Porter his first two years. He did alright. Then his junior year he was put on the 3rd line. His goal output plummetted. People, even up to the beginning of this season, called for him to be placed on the 3rd line or even the 4th line because he's not able to score. Now, I know you've spoken positive things about Porter and I'm not claiming you were one of these posters, but it seems to be that it was the role that affected his production and not his ability or lack therein. But, alas, here I go, arguing with you about giving the proper amount of respect to all players, not just those you respect.

Arguing against that is like arguing with a rebellious teenager.

That is what I'm saying. Don't put words into my mouth. I've never claimed that generalization.

Regardless of what most Sioux fans on here think, not everyone has to be completely biased when assessing the play of their favorite team. He's one of the few posters here who have demonstrated the ability to be objective about his team and that should be commended, not ridiculed.

Regardless of what most Sioux fans on here think, not everyone has to be completely biased when assessing the play of their favorite team. He's one of the few posters here who have demonstrated the ability to be objective about his team and that should be commended, not ridiculed.

Actually Bucky, many of us are convinced he is just a Troll who is deliberately walking a fine line to stir up trouble on the chat. He very rarely makes an all positive post and does a great job of tripping our troll alarm, TheTriouxPer. Personally, I thought your alternative personality may have finally got up the courage to break away and create its own screen name.

Actually Bucky, many of us are convinced he is just a Troll who is deliberately walking a fine line to stir up trouble on the chat. He very rarely makes an all positive post and does a great job of tripping our troll alarm, TheTriouxPer. Personally, I thought your alternative personality may have finally got up the courage to break away and create its own screen name.

I'll thank you never to utter my name in the same sentence with the horse's a$$ know as playswithhimself. I may have more personalities than Cybil, but none of them even come close to that loser.

Not every player has to score twenty goals or put up forty assists to be considered a success, on every team there are role models,muckers,grinders,checkers and of course scorers. NONE of us has any idea what Hak is asking of these players,hopefully he knows best and we go on the second half run that the Sioux did the past two year.

I'll thank you never to utter my name in the same sentence with the horse's a$$ know as playswithhimself. I may have more personalities than Cybil, but none of them even come close to that loser.

:D I merely observed that playswithhimself sets you off like a troll would in defense of my position that he likely is one.

The Sioux lost a lot of talent from last year - so did other teams especially the Gophers. I think the frustration on several threads boils down to the fact that the Gophers seem to have reloaded and we haven't - or haven't shown much so far. Our freshman class may develop with time, but no one seems to be able to step up and make a difference now. Other teams (Gophers again) seem to have recriuted impact players. In addition, many of the Sioux players this year seem to have stagnated or gotten worse - our entire sophomore defensive corps are not playing like last year and we seem to have the worst goaltending tandem in the league at least according to their stats. Other than Duncan, no one is scoring like up to potential including Oshie and Toews. Although most of us are loyal Sioux fans, sitting each week thinking mayby this will be the week where they get it together is getting old. We are used to being at the top or near the top every year. Add in the finest facility in college hockey and mediocrity is not acceptable. In addition, several aspects of the Sioux play are particulairly frustrating - especially being out hit, being taken to task at home, extremely poor goaltending, and stupid penalties especially from people who should know better. I'm certainly not giving up on the Sioux, but would like to see some traditional Sioux hockey out of this team. They have played some of the crappiest periods of hockey that I have seen from a Sioux team since the early 70's. I hope things turn around or the next few years may be bleak.