SiouxSports.com Forum

Swept again!

OETKB

Before the game, coach Hakstol said "This is not the time to get negative". I have to disagree.

This team has plenty of talent to be a contender this year. Instead, they have now fallen to below .500. Not only that, but UND is the first team to lose to UW after the Badgers trailed going into the 3rd period. And, once again, the Ralph appears to be a favorite place to play for opponents, after UND has been swept again.

So, when does this team come "Ready to play"? Seriously. Something is lacking in this team's mentality or preparation.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire team needs to come ready to play, not just a few. People need to be disciplined!

If I was the Coach I would have lined them up for about a 1000 Herbies, while the rink was emptying out.

They still would be skating as we speak. This is pathetic. Maybe some 0500 in the morning skates.

Granted Elliot was good but that is not an excuse. 6th Friggen place in the WCHA, unacceptable, UAA is sitting ahead of us in the standing. Also, MTU is going to be seething after loosing twice to the Gophers this weekend. The Sioux should win but will probably be lucky to get one point out of this weekend..

I for one am sick of the Hakstol patented slow starts. How come our players do not come ready to play? This is rediculous.

Please spare me with the "this is a young team" bullsh@$!

I think most of us are in agreement with you on this one. They say that championships are won in March and April but its a lot harder to win them if you finish in the bottom half of the league standing and fail to make the playoffs.

If they don't care about puttin a quality product onto the ice until March, I guess there is no reason for people to fill that arena Oct through Feb. That system has worked in the past but this year it will be even harder to pull off. If the Sioux think that they will get an at large bid they are crazy. The NCAA made a statement when they screwed the football team in playoff seeding. The NCAA will do everything in it's power to deny the Sioux a playoff spot unless the Sioux have a "wow" record. That is not going to happen.

Before the game, coach Hakstol said "This is not the time to get negative". I have to disagree.

This team has plenty of talent to be a contender this year. Instead, they have now fallen to below .500. Not only that, but UND is the first team to lose to UW after the Badgers trailed going into the 3rd period. And, once again, the Ralph appears to be a favorite place to play for opponents, after UND has been swept again.

So, when does this team come "Ready to play"? Seriously. Something is lacking in this team's mentality or preparation.

Toews and Oshie were pre-season Hobey candidates and the have 3 combined goals in conference play. Lee has yet to score. This team supposedly has some talented players but they have done nothing. Are Toews and Oshie as good as billed or did they rely on T. Zajac, Stafford and others last year?

Thank God for the Bulldogs and Mankato or this team would finish last.

It would be nice to see a goalie give UND a chance to win each night. Wisconsin has a goalie that keeps them in games, Minnesota has a goalie that steals a game or two, look at Alaska-Anchorage or Michigan Tech. Why does UND play a goalie who consistently has a poor to horrible performance in net, gives up bad goals every game, does not ever make big saves when the team needs to be bailed out, and consistently is just plain awful in net? Lammy needs to be benched because his play is evident of his attitude....piss poor!! Waste of a scholarship, a complete washout wasted talent.

It would be nice to see a goalie give UND a chance to win each night. Wisconsin has a goalie that keeps them in games, Minnesota has a goalie that steals a game or two, look at Alaska-Anchorage or Michigan Tech. Why does UND play a goalie who consistently has a poor to horrible performance in net, gives up bad goals every game, does not ever make big saves when the team needs to be bailed out, and consistently is just plain awful in net? Lammy needs to be benched because his play is evident of his attitude....piss poor!! Waste of a scholarship, a complete washout wasted talent.

You are obviously a newbie when it comes to Sioux hockey. Worst ever? Not even close. No he is not playing well. But he has played very well in the past and shown he is capable. Right now the whole team is struggling. This is a team thing, and not just one or two players.

my thoughts on the weekend...1. don't have giveaways at the games that are throwable. 2. we need less pinching by the defensemen, and more backchecking. 3. Phil gives us the best chance to win out of any of our goalies. 4. Finley plays better than most seem to care to notice. 5. Elliot is slightly overrated and owes a ton of his success to the defense keeping his fat rebounds from being put in. 6. The student section has become more pathetic as the season has progressed (hard to admit, since i'm in it) 7. Maybe they should try keeping Toews with Oshie and maybe Genoway on a line, and put Duncan on the second line...worth a shot at least.

I was hoping to get to ten, but i'm lazy...sue me.

I thought that the team came out of the gates very strong tonight. The game could have been 3-0 before 7min had gone by, but Elliott made a couple nice saves after the Miller goal.

The DOT line was very dominant, but they have to start scoring on some of the numerous chances that they get.

This Sioux team has all the right ingredients for a contending team, but they're not going to have a shot at even making the NCAA playoffs if they keep losing these close, winnable games.

I thought that the team came out of the gates very strong tonight. The game could have been 3-0 before 7min had gone by, but Elliott made a couple nice saves after the Miller goal.

That's what having a goaltender will do... Does DeBus have any eligability left? :angry:

The DOT line was very dominant, but they have to start scoring on some of the numerous chances that they get.

This Sioux team has all the right ingredients for a contending team, but they're not going to have a shot at even making the NCAA playoffs if they keep losing these close, winnable games.

Agreed.

If they don't care about puttin a quality product onto the ice until March, I guess there is no reason for people to fill that arena Oct through Feb. That system has worked in the past but this year it will be even harder to pull off. If the Sioux think that they will get an at large bid they are crazy. The NCAA made a statement when they screwed the football team in playoff seeding. The NCAA will do everything in it's power to deny the Sioux a playoff spot unless the Sioux have a "wow" record. That is not going to happen.

Um....ever hear of the PairWise system?

Right now I would take Briggs over Lammy. :blush:

Oh boy, I wouldn't. Lammy will be all right.

The Sioux will be just fine, I wouldn't worry about them just yet. I'm not a Sioux fan either, just trying to be objective. The Sioux have quite a bit of talent and should finish in the top 1/2 of the WCHA. In the playoffs, anything can happen.

Oh boy, I wouldn't. Lammy will be all right.

The Sioux will be just fine, I wouldn't worry about them just yet. I'm not a Sioux fan either, just trying to be objective. The Sioux have quite a bit of talent and should finish in the top 1/2 of the WCHA. In the playoffs, anything can happen.

Seriously, I long for Parise to be back in the net, there was a reason he was playing every game down the stretch. Briggs or Frazee would be better than the effort we are getting right now. Saying this and I hate the Goofs. This is crazy ridiculous.

Phil Lammoureux Jr 10 4 6 0 28 574 2.93 0 217 .886

Anthony Grieco, Fr 7 3 2 1 20 345 3.48 0 152 .884

Looks like both goalies are equally ineffective.

Jeff Frazee, So 10 8 1 1 20 605 1.98 0 180 .900

Kellen Briggs, Sr 9 7 0 2 19 550 2.07 1 212 .918

I am not saying I want Briggs to be our goalie but I would like to have a goalie with at least statistics that are simular to these, these are winning numbers. I don't think that is too much to ask. The time for excuses and po pooing things are over, let call it what it is. Losing at UND is NOT ACCEPTABLE, maybe at MTU or Merriack it might be. I don't blame Hakstol for being concerned. But right now its gut check time. In the NFL at the end of the season jobs are on the line for poor play.

For chr!st sakes NO more stupid penalties. Last night on my way home in the car my wife asked me if the too many men on the ice penalty was a big point in the game, because she went on to explain that it appeared the Sioux were in control up until the time of the penalty. No a non-hockey person I thought that was pretty interesting. Even the Novices are seeing it.

1)I just cannot believe the number of people that so strongly support Lammy. I certainly do not believe he is even the biggest portion of our current problems but I don't see why so many people think he is a big time goalie. You can blame it on a newbie but I have been a Sioux fan my whole life. My parents have owned season tickets since the old Ralph opened, my grandpa well into the The Barn. Lammy is as good as anyone at making the first save (most of the time) but the majority of the time he is so far out of position that rebounds can be tapped in. I have never seen a goalie lay forward on their stomach so often- that covers 1/10th of the net. If you are going to flop around on the ice, at least lay on your side and stack the pads. He has been given the chance to have the starting spot time and time again, and has lost it time and time again. We will take our lumps with Greico but I can live with that in a 17 year old freshman. Not all teams have goaltenders that can steal a game, we just need to have one that won't lose it.

2) HIT SOMEBODY-- when they come across the blue line, when they have the puck in their skates behind the net, whenever you can. Make the other team think they have less than forever to decide what to do with the puck. Perhaps you can capitalize on some of the other teams mistakes.

1)I just cannot believe the number of people that so strongly support Lammy.

Here is why. He is from Grand Forks, ND so that makes him untochable in some eyes, some how they have this notion he is the next KG. Obviously he is not. I am ready to take out lumps with Grieco and see what we can get in the offseason recruiting. If Brandt has to sit on the bench his senior years with better numbers than Phil so be it. I would take Jake back at this point.

Like I said earlier, we should have goalies lined up that want to play here (good ones), UND should be like players wanting to play football at FSU, Miami or Florida. If Wisconsin has a shut down goalie why can't UND?

It doesn't make any sense to me. I want to see a talented big goalie from B.C. or Alberta say about 6'3" 190+ that covers the net pees ice water and has a GAA of about 1.96 and a Save percentage of .940