SiouxSports.com Forum

TV for Grand Valley?

bincitysioux

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an option that I'm seriously considering for next year. The main thing I wonder about is how well do the two systems coexist.

for most people, the co-exist just fine.

Do I need to add something within my audio/video setup to go back and forth from one source to the other?
the recever has both A/V plugs and a coax out so depending on the setup of your TV, you may have an extra set of a/v plugs available. If not, you can use the coax connector

How much of an inconvenience would it be for me each time I go from DirecTV to the FTA dish and then back again? I'm visualizing myself pulling out RCA cables from the back of my TV/satellite receiver/VCR/DVD recorder and plugging them into different places every time I want to change sources. It probably isn't that difficult, but I always prepare myself for the worst possible scenarion.

If you have too many sets of a/v plugs, get yourself a A/V switcher. Radio Shack/BB/CC carries them. They allow you to hook 4 sources (FTA box, DirecTV box, DVD player) into one set of A/V plugs on your TV and you just push a button to switch between them.

Radio Shack's version

I got a response from Sweeney about airing the game on WDAZ. It's not going to happen.

Maybe we need to send some kind of letter and tell them how we feel about it.

Maybe an on-line letter signed by all of us. This is B.S. They have really dropped the ball again.

Maybe we need to send some kind of letter and tell them how we feel about it.

Maybe an on-line letter signed by all of us. This is B.S. They have really dropped the ball again.

The world is not perfect. We should be happy that it's on FSSN. This whole argument about WDAZ dropping the ball is kind of funny. No matter what they do, it will never make everyone happy. Get over it, move on, and find some place that carries FSSN to watch the game.

The world is not perfect. We should be happy that it's on FSSN. This whole argument about WDAZ dropping the ball is kind of funny. No matter what they do, it will never make everyone happy. Get over it, move on, and find some place that carries FSSN to watch the game.

So is the game going to be on FSSN, thats not a problem in Grand Forks if it is on.

The dish hath arrived.......it's larger than the avatar.....could be an interesting installation.

didnt you take a tape measure and measure 30" across to see how big the dish is? :huh:

you and hockeydad will do fine installing it :glare:

Does anyone know how to get the game online this weekend? I've been searching Grand Valley's web site and it keeps re-directing me to CSTV XXL website. The football game is not listed there to be viewed. Haydu has it listed in the press release that it is going to be on the web at this site. WTF? Any assitance??

Does anyone know how to get the game online this weekend? I've been searching Grand Valley's web site and it keeps re-directing me to CSTV XXL website. The football game is not listed there to be viewed. Haydu has it listed in the press release that it is going to be on the web at this site. WTF? Any assitance??

Here's the link, according to the UND Press release: UND-GVSU Internet Game

Once you get to the page, it appears you need to click on the far right side of the screen on the "GV Sports Network" Banner and go from there. You gotta register and it costs $6.95 from what I can tell.

Here's the link, according to the UND Press release: UND-GVSU Internet Game

Once you get to the page, it appears you need to click on the far right side of the screen on the "GV Sports Network" Banner and go from there. You gotta register and it costs $6.95 from what I can tell.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I've never used it this season, but from what I've heard, it should work that way.

I see that as well, but when you get signed up on the CSTV XXL website, there is no listing for the UND vs. GVSU FB game, just a bunch of GVSU BB games??

Here we go....Go to the website that I linked earlier, scroll towards the bottom of the page and it will say upcoming events. Find the Football game(It should be the 1st event under December 2nd), and under the far right hand column under the coverage heading, it says "GT". That should be what you have to click on once you have paid your $6.95 I would think. You get one game for that price, so make sure you pick the football game. You can click on the link right now, and all it states is that the game feed will begin automatically once the game starts.

OK, so I contacted Jayson Hajdu and he was assured through GVSU's information director that the game will be webcast, but I can't get the damn thing to work. The game still isn't listed on GVSU available list and everytime I try to log on the CSTV just sits there and thinks, getting no where. C'mon, someone out there has to know what's up???

OK, so I contacted Jayson Hajdu and he was assured through GVSU's information director that the game will be webcast, but I can't get the damn thing to work. The game still isn't listed on GVSU available list and everytime I try to log on the CSTV just sits there and thinks, getting no where. C'mon, someone out there has to know what's up???

It's on there...I see what you are looking at, and it's not listed on that window. But that page is probably made up weeks in advance, and since this game was only confirmed on Saturday afternoon, they probably didn't update the page. Like I said, it's on their webpage. Towards the bottom half under the upcoming events section on December 2nd, 2006.

GVSU Webpage