SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas on who will win between Jamestown and Devils Lake tomorrow, i see Jamestown winning 5-3

I disagree. I would have to say i would take Devils Lake on this one. On Saturday this last weekend Jamestown played in a jamboree in West Fargo. They lost to North and WF. Not sure about the other one, but they only had two lines and 4 or 5 D on the team. I dont know if that was their whole team but they only had 10 or 11 guys. I also noticed that they were in the box many times, which is no surprise, but will hurt them this year. They do have a good returning player in Zac Welding, but they lost Brett Ritchie their leading scorer last year. I would predict DL- 5 Jamestown-2.

I disagree. I would have to say i would take Devils Lake on this one. On Saturday this last weekend Jamestown played in a jamboree in West Fargo. They lost to North and WF. Not sure about the other one, but they only had two lines and 4 or 5 D on the team. I dont know if that was their whole team but they only had 10 or 11 guys. I also noticed that they were in the box many times, which is no surprise, but will hurt them this year. They do have a good returning player in Zac Welding, but they lost Brett Ritchie their leading scorer last year. I would predict DL- 5 Jamestown-2.

your wrong Jamestown beat West Fargo 4-3 and Jamestown was playing JV and Varsity players against all Varsity teams

"your wrong Jamestown beat West Fargo 4-3 and Jamestown was playing JV and Varsity players against all Varsity teams"

If you honestly believe that Jamestown was the only team playing JV players I feel sorry for you. I'm sure that the other teams were playing it like the Stanley Cup finals. I bet every team in ND and Mn that scrimaged last weekend played jv players that is why they don't count.

From what I heard of this passed weekend it sounded like North did pretty well in the WF scrimmages. I heard they won two and lost one. Their only loss which was to WF was 3-2 and North played their second goalie for half of the scrimmage and he has never played goalie before this year. In the other 2 games they won 5-2 and 4-2. It will be interesting to see how they do this weekend. I am also looking forward to a good game between Grafton and South. I guess we will really find out about Grafton's goalie problems, if any, in that game.

Are there any schools that are looking at adding hockey? I would think that Saint Mary's in Bismarck would eventualy be able to have a team. I am currious as to what North Dakota High School hockey's future holds. Will it become better and send more kids on to higher levels or will it dissapear in favor of Junior Gold or something else. How about youth hockey? Since that is the feeder for High School teams are any youth programs getting bigger. North Dakota is now going to be seperate from Minnesota in the USA Hockey districs. What kind of an effect will that have? Thanks.