SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

First of all if i couldnt read I wouldnt reply. I do think its great express away I was just giving my opinion. The three teams talked about are heads above the rest and should be talked about more. And i think people are giving Jamestown and Devils Lake credit that is undeserved

You're right don't give Grand Forks Central any credit. They don't deserve it. Just look at how many titles they've won. Great point buddy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Mr. Hockey based just off high school hockey talent, or what exactly is the criteria? Are grades, misdemeanors, or any other factors involved in the process?
I believe Mr. Hockey is given to the senior who is considered the best student athlete in the state with the weight heavy on hockey skills.

First of all if i couldnt read I wouldnt reply. I do think its great express away I was just giving my opinion. The three teams talked about are heads above the rest and should be talked about more. And i think people are giving Jamestown and Devils Lake credit that is undeserved

I dont think anybody is giving Jamestown any credit, most things said about Jamestown are negative

I dont think anybody is giving Jamestown any credit, most things said about Jamestown are negative

Just a thought I wanted to throw out there. How many of these players that have a shot at winning Mr. Hockey put that above a state title. I know last year if South wouldn't have won state Weisgarber wouldn't have been satisfied with the way the season ended. Some of these players give me the feeling that personal accomplishments outweigh team success. What do you think?

You're right don't give Grand Forks Central any credit. They don't deserve it. Just look at how many titles they've won. Great point buddy.

They dont deserve credit until they prove they can hang with the top three. You can talk about all the titles they've won as much as you would like but thats not going to help them win one this year. The number of titles a team has won in the past has nothing to do with how good they are in the present.

Last year's Mr. Hockey Paul Weisgarber scored the game winning goal tonight for the Waterloo Blackhawks in their 4-3 win over Cedar Rapids.

In high school hockey tonight West Fargo lost to Bismarck High 6-3 and as previously noted North beat Century 5-4 after leading 4-1 after two periods.

Last year's Mr. Hockey Paul Weisgarber scored the game winning goal tonight for the Waterloo Blackhawks in their 4-3 win over Cedar Rapids.

In high school hockey tonight West Fargo lost to Bismarck High 6-3 and as previously noted North beat Century 5-4 after leading 4-1 after two periods.

Did you attend the North-Century game? How did the refs call it? Lots of Penalties? I heard the Shanley-GFC game had about 30 penalties.

How many players on this years central team have experianced one of those titles? Great point buddy.

That was said because previously someone said teams that compete year in and year out should only be talked about. Well, apparently only the past 2 years count to you. How about you start your own message board called South, Red River, and Grafton. Or maybe, each year we should all vote on which three teams we should talk about and then disregard all the other teams because apparently those are the only three teams that matter. Or because the three teams that everyone thinks will be the best in the state at the beginning of the year always are. Use your head.

Did you attend the North-Century game? How did the refs call it? Lots of Penalties? I heard the Shanley-GFC game had about 30 penalties.

I heard that the penalty count was something like 14 for Bismarck Century and 13 for North. Actually, there were some calls made because of the new empahsis but there were quite a few tripping calls too.

Devils Lake 5

Minot 1

Kyle Everson with a hat trick for the Satans...er...Firebirds. :D

Goalie saves

DL - Danny Groves 19

M - Derek Skogen 26

Thats 2 wins for DL. :lol:

GO FIREBIRDS !!!

That Everson is one heck of a hockey player. I got the chance to see him play last year, and he is extraordinary with the puck in space, and uses his speed exceptionally well. I anticipate that he'll play junior hockey, I think he can.

I had a chance to watch Red River play last night and it looks like Malm isn't rebuilding, but reloading. This is a much more electric Red River team than the past couple years. They are smaller in size but they get up and down the ice and move the puck very well. They have Meland, Vigen, and a sophomore named Russel Crary playing together and this line will be able to match any top line in the state. Before all of you jump all over me and say it was only Shanley who is definitely in the bottom three in the state this year, realize that I have been around youth hockey for 20 some years and I know talent and chemistry when I see it.

I had a chance to watch Red River play last night and it looks like Malm isn't rebuilding, but reloading. This is a much more electric Red River team than the past couple years. They are smaller in size but they get up and down the ice and move the puck very well. They have Meland, Vigen, and a sophomore named Russel Crary playing together and this line will be able to match any top line in the state. Before all of you jump all over me and say it was only Shanley who is definitely in the bottom three in the state this year, realize that I have been around youth hockey for 20 some years and I know talent and chemistry when I see it.

I'm not going to disagree that they have talent and chemistry. But, it's easy to have chemistry when you're playing a team that you can beat by 13 goals.

It is finnaly here... This could be the year that a team pulls of a "perfect season" and no I am not talking about Red-River or South going undefieted because frankily I couldn't care less about that. I am talking about a team running the table in reverse and pulling off the never before done 0-23 season and I think Shanley might be just bad enough to get it done. With that said there are a couple of games on shanely's schedule that terrify me, 1st When they host Kittson Central, as bad as shanely is this is a winnable game for the deacons if they can survive that one by losing their other big test will come when they host Whapeton. Whapeton is brutal on the road and this is just the type of game that can derail a "Dream Season".