SiouxSports.com Forum

Judge Rules in UND Favor

Goon

This is really good news. I am surprised no has said anything yet.

UND's preliminary injunction against the NCAA was approved Saturday night, North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem said. Stenehjem was in Florida and did not know details of the decision. District Judge Lawrence Jahnke, who decided on the case, alerted Stenehjem on Saturday but did not return phone calls to the Herald on the matter late Saturday night.

For the Rest of the Story click on link below

UND Granted Injunction

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised the NCAA hasn't flipped out about it.

If I am not mistaken; (I am not a lawyer) to get an injunction doesn't the Judge need to believe he the one asking for the injunction has a better chance that not of winning the case against the defendant.

I am surprised the NCAA hasn't flipped out about it.

If I am not mistaken; (I am not a lawyer) to get an injunction doesn't the Judge need to believe he the one asking for the injunction has a better chance that not of winning the case against the defendant.

Not exactly. This is what North Dakota's brief responding to the NCAA brief says:

At most, the Court need only decide the degree of UND

GAME ON! :D Hopefully Newberry and the other schools that will also benefit from this injunction will show their "support"...

Payable to: NCAA Litigation Fund

Mailed to: UND Foundation

3100 University Ave.

PO Box 8157

Grand Forks, ND 58202

I also noticed the trial date is set for late April next year...after basketball season is wrapped up. I guess the court calendar must have been pretty full :D;)

GAME ON! :D Hopefully Newberry and the other schools that will also benefit from this injunction will show their "support"...

Payable to: NCAA Litigation Fund

Mailed to: UND Foundation

3100 University Ave.

PO Box 8157

Grand Forks, ND 58202

I also noticed the trial date is set for late April next year...after basketball season is wrapped up. I guess the court calendar must have been pretty full :D;)

Does that mean, Newberry gets to wear their Logo too?

It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the membership (those who bowed down to the NC$$) respond to this little ol' injunction. Not likely, but wouldn't it be fun to see some of them reconsider changing their name and logo's!?! It will be very gratifying to see our logo on national television AND very likely having the commentators discuss our injunction. Sports fans across the country will know that UND did NOT bend over to the NC$$. A thumbing of our nose to the NC$$!! (Vindictive *itch, ain't I, :D .)

I had no doubt we would win this injunction. I also have no doubt that we will prevail in the lawsuit. :D

Getting this Injunction is a start. Now that UND has that out the way to begin with I don't know about ya'll but I have a feeling that UND is like a shark that has the smell of blood in the water & the blood is that of the NC$$. Two words on that. CHOP CHOP.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Stenehjem, in asking for the injunction, said the ban might cost UND (9-1, 7-1 North Central Conference) home field advantage in this year's NCAA Division II football playoffs.

With its 33-26 win Saturday over South Dakota, UND is likely to receive a bye in the first round, starting on Nov. 18.

"We should be in good shape to be able to host in two weeks at the Alerus, "said UND Athletic Director Tom Buning.

Seems funny this was a re-occuring theme up until the NCAA rained on our parade.

I guess I don't understand why the injunction would apply to UND only and not to every school affected by it. If the judge says that the NCAA violated its own rules to implement the policy, then the policy is illegitimate. If the policy is legally void, then nobody is covered by it.

I think after the Sioux got bumped down to the #3 seed in the playoffs the scorecard needs to be updated...

UND 1

NCAA 1

However, I believe this petty and spiteful behavior will only be used against them in the court case.

*watches the replay*

*disallows the point*

I can't give the NCAA a point for that, that's like giving them a point for banning the Sioux from post-season play.

The score remains:

UND 1

NCAA 0