SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco WCHA rookie of the week....Porter nominated for Off.

Sioux-Hockey-Fan

Congrates to Anthony Grieco for receiving the WCHA rookie of the week. WCHA Website In my opinion if he keeps up with the pace in which he is improving, he will be a touch cat by christmas. (not saying he isn't tough already) Also congrates to Chris Porter for the nomination for WCHA offensive player of the week.

#31 A C is going to be a great netminder for the club .......... he is off to a real solid start so far!

Does anybody else think Anthony might be our best goltender since Karl Goerhing?

Not to take anything away from the way that Greico has stepped in for this team, but it's a pretty big stretch to go straight to Goerhing comparisons.

#31 A C is going to be a great netminder for the club .......... he is off to a real solid start so far!

Does anybody else think Anthony might be our best goltender since Karl Goerhing?

The kid plays 4 games.........and your comparing it to a Goerhing's career ?? :lol:

Anthony Greico has played a couple solid games, but for you to go ahead and compare him to Karl Goehring is absolutly asinine. He could not be rakned in the top 20 goalies in UND history at this point in his career. Think before you type next time...

Anthony Greico has played a couple solid games, but for you to go ahead and compare him to Karl Goehring is absolutly asinine. He could not be rakned in the top 20 goalies in UND history at this point in his career. Think before you type next time...

settle down a bit. he didn't compare him to goehring. all he asked was have we had a better goalie since karl left. i'd say we have had a better goalie in parise. i think grieco in his career may be a better goalie than parise, but i'm not about to proclaim that after four games.

Grieco has played good so far but has he played good enough to keep the job and have Lammy as back-up?

I think he has played well enough to split time. Its almost like it was last year when the offense seemed to score more with Jordan. The offense seems to score more behind Grieco. I still believe Lammy is a step or 2 ahead of Grieco, but you have to get Grieco some playing time for the future.

Sioux-Hockey-Fan is right. I think Grieco has earned more playing time but I don't think he's quite earned the #1 spot ahead of Phil. And it works to the advantage of all (Phil, Anthony, and the Sioux) to have a type of competition that is developing because it gives both goaltenders rest, distributes the pressure among the two goaltenders pretty evenly, and puts the fear of Hakstol in both because they know that if they don't play their best, the other will take over.

Southpaw is right as well. Parise is probably the best goaltender we've seen since Goehring but the determination started to arise well into Parise's time here. Grieco has played 4 games. That is WAY too soon to make that determination.

Sioux-Hockey-Fan is right. I think Grieco has earned more playing time but I don't think he's quite earned the #1 spot ahead of Phil. And it works to the advantage of all (Phil, Anthony, and the Sioux) to have a type of competition that is developing because it gives both goaltenders rest, distributes the pressure among the two goaltenders pretty evenly, and puts the fear of Hakstol in both because they know that if they don't play their best, the other will take over.

Southpaw is right as well. Parise is probably the best goaltender we've seen since Goehring but the determination started to arise well into Parise's time here. Grieco has played 4 games. That is WAY too soon to make that determination.

Seriously if Tony keeps playing like that they are going to be hard pressed to take him out of the line up. In my opinion he has earned a right to play.

Seriously if Tony keeps playing like that they are going to be hard pressed to take him out of the line up. In my opinion he has earned a right to play.

What a difference a week makes, AG was god aweful in Mankato. I presume he cut down on the rebounds, because even in Mankato we was stoping the first shots.

What a difference a week makes, AG was god aweful in Mankato. I presume he cut down on the rebounds, because even in Mankato we was stoping the first shots.

i dont think 2 wins in your first 2 ever games is god aweful at all. we were shorthanded it seemed like fr half of the games with dumb azz penalties. he faces many shots and bottom live did enough to get 2 tough wcha road wins that may be huge down the road. im good with either phil or grieco, just cut down the penalties please :D

i dont think 2 wins in your first 2 ever games is god aweful at all. we were shorthanded it seemed like fr half of the games with dumb azz penalties. he faces many shots and bottom live did enough to get 2 tough wcha road wins that may be huge down the road. im good with either phil or grieco, just cut down the penalties please :D

We were short handed because the D had to tackle MSU forwards after big rebounds...

knowsall ............

first you should consider changing your name ...... talk about an oxymoron!

secondly you need to read before you respond to a post .... I was not comparing Grieco to Goehring

Greico is also on the new Central Scouting list as a B grade prospect (typically 3rd to 6th round selection) In a good year for goaltending talent you might see 3-5 goalies with an A grade rating which normally translates into a first to third round selection. If Anthony can keep rattling off WCHA wins maybe he can move up to that elite group for the 2007 draft.

The only drafted Sioux goalie I can recall watching was Kvalevog and he didn't go until the ninth round of his draft year.

Greico is also on the new Central Scouting list as a B grade prospect (typically 3rd to 6th round selection) In a good year for goaltending talent you might see 3-5 goalies with an A grade rating which normally translates into a first to third round selection. If Anthony can keep rattling off WCHA wins maybe he can move up to that elite group for the 2007 draft.

The only drafted Sioux goalie I can recall watching was Kvalevog and he didn't go until the ninth round of his draft year.

I don't have high hopes for Grieco getting drafted. This isn't saying that he won't be or that I don't want him to be drafted, I just think that a good percentage of goaltenders aren't drafted because of how long they usually take to develop.

That being said, if Grieco is to be drafted, I'd predict he'd be a 6th or 7th round pick... by New Jersey :D

I don't have high hopes for Grieco getting drafted. This isn't saying that he won't be or that I don't want him to be drafted, I just think that a good percentage of goaltenders aren't drafted because of how long they usually take to develop.

That being said, if Grieco is to be drafted, I'd predict he'd be a 6th or 7th round pick... by New Jersey :D

He'll play at least 3 years ;) like most do.... :D

Redwing, I was having a hard time figuring out that hockey1 was anti-Grieco.

I just thought he was anti Sioux.

I don't know what hockey1 thinks about Grieco. But I know that Lives-to-play-hockey-06 is anti-Grieco.

I think we're lucky that two of the three goaltenders on the Sioux are from North Dakota or Lives to play would probably think all of our goaltenders suck. ???