SiouxSports.com Forum

Why even have polls!

luapsided

Relax, breathe deep, hold it, now exhale.

Remember 2005-2006. The Gophers rode much of the season as #1. What did it get them??

HOLY CROSSED!!!!!!!

It is meaningless right now. There are more important things to consider (just about anything is more important than considering where the Gophers are in the poll).

How the heck does minnesota get third place after playing the two weak teams that they have the past two weeks. Is there a internet blocker I can get so I never have to see a poll again! Ill bite my tongue for now...

I don't care who you play, if you win two from a CCHA team on the road in convincing fashion it is impressive. If the Sioux destroyed a CCHA team like that on the road everyone would be talking about #8. People seemed to be impressed by the Sioux beating Quinnipiac at home by less convincing scores, so why shouldn't Minnesota move up, especially when the Sioux and others didn't look very impressive at home. Oh, and let's remember Minnesota dropped after losing only one game to Maine which included a close contest with an empty netter. Minnesota fans weren't whining about the polls after that.

You make the rest of us look like whiners as well, so do us a favor and broach a topic like this when the Sioux win, not because they deservedly drop.

Polls mean jack. But they obviously are of interest to many as threads across the country discuss them as we are here. Personally I think the current poll is as legitimate as it can be. Mn didn't get any respect when they lost to Maine because they were pegged as a top ranked team and Maine was not. But after Maine continued to make statements on the ice, it legitimized the gopher loss. I ask you, who deserves to be #3 ahead of Mn right now? Mn is still the team to beat.

Yes, they played a couple cream puffs but they destroyed them as they should have while getting scoring depth from multiple lines and from incoming high profile freshman. Given the fact that we have played tougher competition, the Sioux do not have anyone even listed on the statistics after 6 games. We need to find a way to score some goals because we don't have the goaltending we once had.

A league road sweep is really needed right now.

this is a pointless thread(so why am i typing?). the fact is that minny is deserving of that spot at this time...if they get swept this weekend, then they will move down. this is common sense. they have only lost one game...to maine! wait until teams have played more than 5 games to complain about this. after this weekend you will see more 5 spot or more shifts, because it is early.

Only problem I see with the poll is us below Michigan State, come on a 1-1 with Western Michigan when we are 1-3 vs two in the top 5, seems like we can at least be ranked above them. But at the same time after our performance we should be out of the top 20....but Army in with 7 votes!